• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Been breeding Synchronize Abra.

...Shit, I'm already spoiled by the whole "hold up to bike forever" thing. Not sure if i'll be able to breed in older games, including XY, now. :X

Why does it take so long to connect to the Internet?

I'm going back and forth between X and Omega Ruby and the connection time for the latter is absurd. I feel like making a comparison video.

Caladrius

Are the version exclusives seriously based on their shade of blue or red this time?

What the heck?

Pretty Much. All the legends that are blue colored or blue-accented are exclusive to sapphire, and reds/oranges/pinks are Ruby exclusives

In fact the only exclusive legend that doesn't match the version color or its related colors in some form is Tornadus, but of course there is no Green game.

Which works out great for me because all of Sapphire's exclusive legendaries are some of my favorite pokemon, as opposed to Omega Ruby from which I only really like Ho-Oh.

MattyG

Banned
I'm still at the second gym. The beginning of Pokemon games are always a slog for me, don't know why. Once I hit the 4th or 5th gym though, things usually take off. Can't wait to play more tomorrow.

Panzon

Just finished the game. Very impressed with the game's presentation. Its leagues above XY. That post game music is beautiful

Should I do the Delta episode first or go for the rest of the lengendaries?

NEO0MJ

I was wondering, is there any timed event online right now? I don't want to buy the game yet but I'm afraid I might miss something.

Shun

One more thing, is there anyway to farm the starter Mega Stones like in X&Y?

I'm picking up Persona Q tomorrow and I wanted to know how easy it was to get items like mega stones or life orbs compared to XY before I decide to pick up ORAS as well.

WonderPup

Question: Does the game treat Primal Reversions as the same thing as a Mega evolution?

For instance: can you have your Kyogre perform its Primal Reversion and your Sableye turn into Mega Sableye during the same match? Or do the game mechanics consider those to be one-in-the-same?

Drago

Question: Does the game treat Primal Reversions as the same thing as a Mega evolution?

For instance: can you have your Kyogre perform its Primal Reversion and your Sableye turn into Mega Sableye during the same match? Or do the game mechanics consider those to be one-in-the-same?
You can have a Primal and a Mega active in the same match.

Caladrius

If he doesn't have a livingdex, then getting the legendaries will automatically happen first in order to get said shiny charm lol.

Oops, hadn't considered that.

EDIT: What the guy above me said.

WonderPup

You can have a Primal and a Mega active in the same match.

Thanks. I'm just trying to think ahead to VGCs and what I assume the ruleset will be. I'm getting the feeling that it'll be National Dex, and that the only things banned will be event Pokemon. I'm guessing it'll be similar to VGC 2010 with a limit on the number of "ubers" you can have on your team. I would also venture to guess that Deoxys will be unbanned for the first time.

There's a lot of power creep this year.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I literally can't believe HM's are still a thing.

Damn. Just as I was debating purchasing this tonight, HM's are still a thing? Really thinking of going Persona Q instead if most of the campaign requires a couple HM mules in my party.

Caladrius

Damn. Just as I was debating purchasing this tonight, HM's are still a thing? Really thinking of going Persona Q instead if most of the campaign requires a couple HM mules in my party.

A couple?

The only useless HM you still really need is Rock Smash. Flash is an optional TM and Cut isn't necessary for anything but hidden items.

They give you the ability to fly without an HM (Though Fly still exists in case you feel a need to use it beforehand) once you catch the version mascot and the other 4 (Strength, Surf, Waterfall and Dive) are all perfectly viable moves.

Especially if you love Crawdaunt and Aggron.~

I just put my HMs on my party members these days and it works great. I don't have to do any party switching and I've found that I only use the same couple of attacking moves on each mon anyways so I don't miss the move slots.

Arclaid

The Regi trio were incredibly easy to catch. I've had more trouble catching more common mons. Will get around to Reigigas eventually, but the instructions for getting it look like they were randomly put together.

Kinokou

Elite Four member from G/S/C

tumblr_m44ntqgvmH1rw5izao1_500.png

lol

My response to this is that a lot of my favorite Pokemon got that status from competitive play which got me to use Pokemon I never considered before.

And smogon tiers helped to drive many of those discoveries too as you are forced to pick out something new if you ever want to go down a tier or two.

And some good competitive Pokemon were my favorite long before I ever played against anyone else, like Breloom.

Also, when playing in game you spend a lot more time to get your Pokemon ready and when I do I'm proud of my work and thus the obtain a favorite like status.

So I just fail to see the problem people are trying to address with that quote.

Edit: And also if we consider the anime we have had a named counter example to Karen for some time with Pike Queen Lucy who battles using
snake
type Pokemon, but has a host of squinted eyed Pokemon at home that she as far as I know don't battle with, and I never heard someone complain that she doesn't use them too.

Elider

Okay guys, Europe here. Which version should I get?

I generally prefer Sapphire/blue/Kyogre, though I played Sapphire back in the day, so change might be nice? On the other hand, AlphaSapphire should be change enough in and of itself, right?

Version exclusives don't really matter to me, as I have all Pokémon in past games anyway. I'm more curious about the games' stories. I never played Ruby, but Team Magma's plan struck me as kind of stupid. Aqua want to expand the oceans, while Magma wants to... dry them out?

Since I never played Ruby, I might have gotten the wrong idea and Magma are secretly the best team. What do you think?

Okay guys, Europe here. Which version should I get?

I generally prefer Sapphire/blue/Kyogre, though I played Sapphire back in the day, so change might be nice? On the other hand, AlphaSapphire should be change enough in and of itself, right?

Version exclusives don't really matter to me, as I have all Pokémon in past games anyway. I'm more curious about the games' stories. I never played Ruby, but Team Magma's plan struck me as kind of stupid. Aqua want to expand the oceans, while Magma wants to... dry them out?

Since I never played Ruby, I might have gotten the wrong idea and Magma are secretly the best team. What do you think?

I'd choose which team you'd like to see more of. The other differences aren't nearly as impactful.

Top Bottom