• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Sweet Scent works in the rain now. :O
It's not affected by weather in general anymore. They likely did that to ensure that you could always face the hordes that had a 100% chance of appearing for easy EV training.

Between this, Blissey Bases (some more are on the first page BTW), and the awesomeness of breeding on the Battle Resort, this is easily the best game to raise Pokemon in after you contest grind for that Destiny Knot.

It's not affected by weather in general anymore. They likely did that to ensure that you could always face the hordes that had a 100% chance of appearing for easy EV training.

Between this, Blissey Bases (some more are on the first page BTW), and the awesomeness of breeding on the Battle Resort, this is easily the best game to raise Pokemon in after you contest grind for that Destiny Knot.

you can also get a knot from the couple trainers in Sea Mauville btw
save before hand though cause i think its random

I only did the first Food Court battle, but apparently they're only once a day, so you can't use them for tons of XP and money like the restaurant battles, so the Blissey bases feel pretty necessary. That and the tiny berry field seems to be among the few downgrades in quality of life in ORAS.

As for grinding BP, I'm assuming this still works:
http://nuggetbridge.com/articles/like-ability-capsule-1000w-0l-triple-maison-team-report/

I transferred the team and items, but haven't gotten to BP grinding yet.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just got Latias! Thought it would be a difficult fight, but she decided to enter my party instead of resisting. Fine with me, saved me some time and Ultra Balls.

Muku

Finally got Alpha Sapphire in mail today. Time to fire it up and go. Have avoided everything thus far to have some fun with it.

Figures by time I get it there's a patch already. Yay. :/

ugoo18

Fucking Critical Hits

4 times i've tried to capture
Deoxys
, 4 times i've landed critical hits with weak attacks that have OHKOd the thing even though the Pokemon that used the attack is nearly 10 levels lower with terrible IVs.
Before someone mentions false swipe, i do have that and have been using that it's every damm time the stupid thing regens its health after its already boosted its defenses with Cosmic Power.

I've said it before and i'll say it again critical hits are the biggest load of bs in the series. I can tolerate statuses, capture rates, shiny hatching etc but fucking critical hits either ruining captures or letting opponents pull of wins that they have absolutely no right getting. If i've outplayed and locked my opponent down to the point where their attacks do so little damage that leftover regen cancels it out, why the hell am i then punished by them being handed a magic get out of jail card that ignores stat boosts while boosting their damage as well.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Fucking Critical Hits

4 times i've tried to capture
Deoxys
, 4 times i've landed critical hits with weak attacks that have OHKOd the thing even though the Pokemon that used the attack is nearly 10 levels lower with terrible IVs.
Before someone mentions false swipe, i do have that and have been using that it's every damm time the stupid thing regens its health after its already boosted its defenses with Cosmic Power.

I've said it before and i'll say it again critical hits are the biggest load of bs in the series. I can tolerate statuses, capture rates, shiny hatching etc but fucking critical hits either ruining captures or letting opponents pull of wins that they have absolutely no right getting. If i've outplayed and locked my opponent down to the point where their attacks do so little damage that leftover regen cancels it out, why the hell am i then punished by them being handed a magic get out of jail card that ignores stat boosts while boosting their damage as well.
You're being punished because you're not killing them (fast enough); if you're going to play a wall that's the risk you take.

Muku

Are Vivillon patterns still determined by region listed in your 3DS settings at time of initial start up?

celebi23

Has anyone managed to SR to get a Shiny Groudon? I'm currently at 50 SR's and wanted to make sure there wasn't a shiny lock (and people were able to SR to get a shiny Groudon) before continuing.

Hyunashi

Has anyone managed to SR to get a Shiny Groudon? I'm currently at 50 SR's and wanted to make sure there wasn't a shiny lock (and people were able to SR to get a shiny Groudon) before continuing.

This is what I am not sure about too. I have heard some people believe that the only SR-able legendaries are those found from Mirage Spots which is really the only thing stopping me from doing a groudon.

JoeM86

B3SIKxqIgAAEiOP.png

And StreetPassed to my Ruby

B3SIYnjIAAIcyN2.png

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
B3SIKxqIgAAEiOP.png

And StreetPassed to my Ruby

B3SIYnjIAAIcyN2.png
Seeing this hurts so much. I'll never get one of these unless I move to another country :(

We have no GameStops either, so I also missed shiny Gengar and Diancie. Dammit Nintendo, why do you hate South America so much?

Battle Maison, 35 win streak. First mon goes down to a Fissure. Second mon goes down because I missed a Hydro Pump. Third mon gets hit with a crit Flare Blitz and miraculously lives to finish off the match.
This is why you never use unreliable accuracy moves in the Maison. Consistency is they key to success and you have to remember the AI only plays to make you lose hence why it will go for moves like fissure and guillotine.

Battle Maison with Mega Salamence, Heatran and Jellicent is easy mode. 42 win streak atm.
Heatran and Cresselia are two of the worst opponents to face in the Maison, oh how nice it will feel to turn the tables.

Seeing this hurts so much. I'll never get one of these unless I move to another country :(
I suggest you look up homepass (that is the term used for making a wireless access point into a pretend Nintendo zone i.e. a streetpass relay).

There is also the small possibility they might give out a Wi-Fi mystery gift version at a later date (I recall they did this for some legendaries in earlier gens).

I only did the first Food Court battle, but apparently they're only once a day, so you can't use them for tons of XP and money like the restaurant battles, so the Blissey bases feel pretty necessary. That and the tiny berry field seems to be among the few downgrades in quality of life in ORAS.

As for grinding BP, I'm assuming this still works:
http://nuggetbridge.com/articles/like-ability-capsule-1000w-0l-triple-maison-team-report/

I transferred the team and items, but haven't gotten to BP grinding yet.
Food courts are once a day? That sucks. The berry field I guess can made up for by having patches all over the world now (and being able to monitor those easily) as honestly I rarely used all the patches.

Triples has lots of easy routes to victory. I personally copied a Talonflame, Mega Blastoise, Greninja opening. Talonflame uses tailwind, M-Blastoise mainly uses water spout but watches out for dry skin and storm drain, Grenija is focus sash so mat block goes up, Talonflame is life orb for somewhat viable damage.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I suggest you look up homepass (that is the term used for making a wireless access point into a pretend Nintendo zone i.e. a streetpass relay).

There is also the small possibility they might give out a Wi-Fi mystery gift version at a later date (I recall they did this for some legendaries in earlier gens).
Thanks, I'll keep homepass in mind. I quickly looked at it and it seems a bit complicated to set up, hopefully it'll work if I ever dare to do it.

What sucks is that I feel it'd be nice to complete as much of the Pokedex as I can this time, but with all these legendaries I'm missing I don't see it ever happening. Other mons I could get via trade if I search hard enough (hopefully!), but not the most rare ones.

lupinko

Which one of my Emerald Shinies should I enter in the contest?

Latias
Latios
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Deoxys

I have a contest champion shiny Ponyta in Pearl, although I do have a shiny Abra from LG, I could give that moves for contest stuff.

Edit: I don't want Pearl Ponyta to leave until she wins all of Sinnoh's contests.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

Latias
Latios
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Deoxys

I have a contest champion shiny Ponyta in Pearl, although I do have a shiny Abra from LG, I could give that moves for contest stuff.

Edit: I don't want Pearl Ponyta to leave until she wins all of Sinnoh's contests.
None; Cosplay Pikachu only.

Xiul

Latias
Latios
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Deoxys

Use the gold Latias!

Syntsui

Any way to modify the a wifi router and access stree pass remotely? I saw a few guys commenting about it but nothing else. Seriously, fuck gamefreak and this ridiculous ways of distributing pokemons, it's a big middle finger to anyone that doesn't live in Japan/USA.

Wanace

So this is an easy way to level up:

http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/2n1oez/just_made_a_secret_base_with_6_lvl_100_blisseys/

I had Smogon's 3 level 100 Blisseys secret base, but this one looks even better. 6 level 100 Blisseys.

If you choose the level release item in the base, you can battle them at level 100 without restriction.

Hold a lucky egg and use the Experience O-Power and rack up the Exp.

I used level 2 O-power, had a pokemon I transferred from X/Y and holding a lucky egg, got 53,000 exp per Blissey. That's insane.

Of course you can only do it once a day, and you can't battle the same day you scan a QR code.

For even easier leveling, recruit the trainers to your own secret base. Get a few trainers with level 100 Blisseys in your base and have an easy way to level up.

Muku

I really didn't like all the Navs, menus and stuff before. It's still not really to my liking this go. I kind of wish they'd pick a layout and stay with it from now on to make things easier to find. And no PSS at start? Yeah, I have choice words about that.

I really didn't like all the Navs, menus and stuff before. It's still not really to my liking this go. I kind of wish they'd pick a layout and stay with it from now on to make things easier to find. And no PSS at start? Yeah, I have choice words about that.

The Navs are great, actually. DexNav is a great distraction and the AreaNav is the absolute best map the series has ever had (you can track almost everything and even fly from it). BuzzNav doesn't do much except open up your StreetPasses, thought. I only wish that all the XY bottom screen had separate tabs like the rest instead of transforming the bottom screen to the XY one and making it harder quickly switch back directly to Area or Dex from.

I decided to set up HomePass again (I last did it for Bravely Default villagers) to try to get an Eon Ticket and get islands so I can have more shots at the last few TMs that are only available on Mirage Islands/Caves. I've only gotten Secret Bases so far, though.

JoeM86

The Navs are great, actually. DexNav is a great distraction and the AreaNav is the absolute best map the series has ever had (you can track almost everything and even fly from it). BuzzNav doesn't do much except open up your StreetPasses, thought. I only wish that all the XY bottom screen had separate tabs like the rest instead of transforming the bottom screen to the XY one and making it harder quickly switch back directly to Area or Dex from.

I decided to set up HomePass again (I last did it for Bravely Default villagers) to try to get an Eon Ticket and get islands so I can have more shots at the last few TMs that are only available on Mirage Islands/Caves. I've only gotten Secret Bases so far, though.

Just go online for Mirage Islands. Works a treat.

cafemomo

One of the NPCs mentions that "10 years ago there used to be a second floor here in the pokemon center and a place called link cable room"

Man I love these little details

This is why you never use unreliable accuracy moves in the Maison. Consistency is they key to success and you have to remember the AI only plays to make you lose hence why it will go for moves like fissure and guillotine.

Yeah, I changed it to Surf afterwards. The loss of power is noticeable though (I was unable to OHKO a Raichu later on).

Regardless, I got my 50 streak and now I can fight Wally every day. Yay!

Top Bottom