• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

SeZMehK

Currently heading to Fortree City. My current team is:

Milotic
Sceptile
Infernape
Metang
Vigoroth (HM Slave)
Grumpig

I've been WT-ing to get something new to rotate in but I haven't found anything interesting. Lol...

Arclaid

It was night time when I got Uxie if memory serves.
Guess I'll just keep checking back periodically.

can you re-fight trainers in this game? And what are some post game activities? Other than Delta.
Yep, you can re-battle trainers.The AreaNav has an option to view which trainers want a rematch (which is pretty often, I think?). Regarding post-game stuff (aside from Delta) it's mainly Battle Resort and some mega stones.

100%. You just need to keep trying. It becomes more likely the more Snorunt you encounter

No I meant there was no option to use DexNav down there. I clicked on Snorunt on the touch screen and the search button was missing. :/

Let me try again.

Edit: ohhh. I was trying to do it in the icy area. It definitely doesn't work there, but you can find Snorunt on the upper levels in the remakes I guess...

Azuran

Banned
Is there any difference between DexNav and Friend Safari or can I safely delete people from my friends that are still only there because they have a Tropius one?

Impala26

Is there any difference between DexNav and Friend Safari or can I safely delete people from my friends that are still only there because they have a Tropius one?

lawl
Was thinking about this exact same thing. I ended up with a friends list where I have almost 100 people and I only know like, 6 of them personally, haha XD

I heard someone claim that Exp.Share got their team into the early 30's after the Wattson fight, it most definetly has an effect. Exp. Share during main story really isn't necessary at all unless you want to speed through to the postgame.

Eh, they probably did some level of grinding (either by catching stuff or re-battling trainers). I'm at Mauville Mall and my team is near level 30, but at the same time Exp Share makes it a lot easier to have a Pokemon play catch up instead of devoting yourself to just raising it.

3 hours. 3 freaking hours spent on Granite Cave hunting a Prankster Sableye with Recover.

The layout is terrible and on top of that there's that freaking NPC that won't-stop-moving scaring half of my dexnav pokes.

Never again.

Yeah that was what I was feeling trying to get a decent Aron. That cave sucks and DexNav is completely unoptimized for caves.

Velcro Fly

God damn that stupid bug where the game in your first slot on streetpass just doesn't get tags. I got a few that I know have it activated for ORAS and get nothing.

Rnr1224

Just caught primal groudon and am now headed to fight the final gym leader! Groudon was tough to catch because of that stupid rest move. Considered beating him then going back later to rebattle him but I'm glad I could get it done now.

JoeM86

Challenge Mode was such a superficial "difficulty". AI barely improved and the level increase was irrelevant by Gym 2 as your Pokémon gained experience to match it.

Dang, I did not expect that secret base trainer to open up with a mega Metagross on level with my party. Wiped out half my party before I finally took it out. Do the secret base trainers level with you, or are they stuck at 30/35?

Finalow

and here I am day one buying yet another remake and yet another pokemon game. yes I'm part of the problem but I can't help it.

oh, I even got the steelbox edition, yes I did.

Velcro Fly

lol the pokemon breeder on route 117 got my swablu confused, paralyzed, and in love all at the same time. Seriously fuck this game sometimes with status.

Velcro Fly

Just got wrecked in a secret base by a level 25 Sceptile with

Grass Pledge
X-Scissor
Hidden Power that was super effective against Swablu
Mega Drain

It seriously would have taken 3 flame bursts from my Manectric to kill it.

Also the RNG in this game continues to hate me.

Hurt in confusion
Hurt in confusion
Dead to critical hit

lol i can't imagine the odds of that happening

Kinsei

Banned
Just got wrecked in a secret base by a level 25 Sceptile with

Grass Pledge
X-Scissor
Hidden Power that was super effective against Swablue
Mega Drain

It seriously would have taken 3 flame bursts from my Manectric to kill it.

Also the RNG in this game continues to hate me.

Hurt in confusion
Hurt in confusion
Dead to critical hit

lol i can't imagine the odds of that happening

I'm guessing you mean Grovyle? That's similar to the set I'm running on mine, but I replaced X-Scissor with Earthquake.

Velcro Fly

I'm guessing you mean Grovyle? That's similar to the set I'm running on mine, but I replaced X-Scissor with Earthquake.

Nah it was Sceptile. I'm pretty sure in secret bases the pokemon stay the same but the levels scale down.

I'm fighting a level 25 Latias right now. Ouch

MicH

I bought a digital copy of OR from the Australian eShop on my spare 3DS (because I'm European) and I just transferred my main account and NNID over. Turns out I can already re-download it. Awesome!

Top Bottom