• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just got wrecked in a secret base by a level 25 Sceptile with

Grass Pledge
X-Scissor
Hidden Power that was super effective against Swablu
Mega Drain

It seriously would have taken 3 flame bursts from my Manectric to kill it.

Also the RNG in this game continues to hate me.

Hurt in confusion
Hurt in confusion
Dead to critical hit

lol i can't imagine the odds of that happening
I've had one of my mons hit themselves three times in a row due to confusion and die. Can't recall that ever happening to me before, the RNG seems to be a bit against the afflicted creature.

On the other hand, I managed to avoid suffering from the effects of paralysis during a whole fight (save for becoming slower), so that one may be in favor of the hurt Pokemon. Or maybe I just got lucky there.

jelmerjt

Aww yes. Thank you Nintendo and Game Mania Netherlands :D

FU7TT65.jpg

Panzon

Still trying to work out specifics for that. May be based on time of day.
Try from between 8pm and 9pm. A few days ago I posted how I was fighting Mesprit while SRing for a decent nature but then Uxie started showing up. I didnt catch it because something came up and had to turn away from the game for a while but I remember once I got back on the game at around 11pm, Mesprit started showing up again and not Uxie. I was super confused.

Now I've caught both Mesprit and Azelf but Uxie is not showing up in the portal even though its been alot more than 12 hours. The reason I say try between 8pm and 9pm is because I made that post at 8:33 pm est

Edit: Had the names mixed up

Moltenix

Just finished the Mauville gym and I am WAY over-leveled.

Kept the Exp Share on... huge mistake. I really miss the old Exp. Share item.

Man, Secret Base hunting has led me to discovering areas that I didn't even know existed before.

This region blows away Kalos so hard when it comes to exploration that it's not even funny.

DNAbro

Man, Secret Base hunting has led me to discovering areas that I didn't even know existed before.

This region blows away Kalos so hard when it comes to exploration that it's not even funny.

Agreed, was easily my favorite region cause of how much you can explore it.

I appreciate May's kindness in taking me through a shortcut to Petalburg after beating Flannery, but I soon realized that I needed to do some more grinding before I can take on Norman. The trainers around here are still too weak, so back up the region I go :s

Kinsei

Banned
I appreciate May's kindness in taking me through a shortcut to Petalburg after beating Flannery, but I soon realized that I needed to do some more grinding before I can take on Norman. The trainers around here are still too weak, so back up the region I go :s

Norman is still a huge pain even if you're overlevelled. His Slaking managed to one shot my level 40 Sceptile with Retaliate.

Exploring Hoenn on my own was so awesome back when I got the original games.
I remember when I found out about the Regis. My favourite trio just for that. :lol

Also if you have a Pokemon with Protect, a self heal move or status then Norman is so easy even if you're underlevelled. I beat him with just Dustox in a Nuzlocke run. :lol

DaBoss

I can't even recall any moment where you can just explore in Kalos. The closest things to that is that route before the mansion having 2 paths and some(?) of the water routes (which Pokemon game doesn't have something to discover in the water routes?).

NotLiquid

Question to people who own the games and might try something similar - I'm getting the game on Europe launch and want to move over some of my Mons from my Pokemon X game. Only thing is, I own that game digitally while I'm getting this game physically. What would be the best way to transfer them to my new game, Pokémon Bank?

Arceus and Origin Giratina paintings in the art museum.
Sinnoh confirmed gais.

But seriously, I want to see a high res version of the Giratina painting.

one_kill

Just beat Winona and I'm feeling burnt out.

I think it's mostly got to do with my team. I don't like it. I should've picked Torchic instead of Treecko since there are more grass Pokemon available at the start than fire and fighting types.

Question to people who own the games and might try something similar - I'm getting the game on Europe launch and want to move over some of my Mons from my Pokemon X game. Only thing is, I own that game digitally while I'm getting this game physically. What would be the best way to transfer them to my new game, Pokémon Bank?
Yup, Poke Bank

You won't be able to transfer items though. You'd need another system and cart to do that.

Quick question everyone and thanks for the attention.

We know from the data mine and the Battle Maison from X/Y that there are hidden abilities assigned for Fossil Pokemon. But in X/Y, it was impossible to get those Pokemon. Did ORAS introduce a method of obtaining these Pokemon?

I don't have ORAS yet, but I understand there is no Friend Safari. Is there another way introduced to obtain breedable Pokemon with perfect IVs?

Thanks a lot guys, sorry to drop in with the questions.

Thanks for all the replies, guys.

No catchable fossils though? Or Fossil Pokémon with Hidden Abilities?

And still no feature to change the Poké Ball your Pokémon is in?

So the DexNav has made this game a lot longer, and a lot easier. Got a max attack huge power azumarill and a drought vulpix I'm comboing with solarbeam on my sceptile. 7th and 8th gym were easier than the first gyms.

Jinjo

Aww yes. Thank you Nintendo and Game Mania Netherlands :D

FU7TT65.jpg

Can I do this stealth, as in casually walk into the store with the DS in my backpack and I have it or do I have to take the blow to my ego and pull out my 3DS with pokemon and do something in the game? How does this work?

Just beat pops, was easier than expected. Stupid Slaking kept using Yawn forcing me to switch out.

My current team
Grovyle Lv 32
Metang Lv 29
Manectric Lv 28
Hariyama Lv 29
Numel Lv 29
Zigzagoon HM slave

Was debating using catching either Corphish or Carvanha but since it was said that Sharpedo's surfing speed was faster than normal, I'll stick with the latter. Perfect timing too, just got surf and currently at the location it's found

Just beat pops, was easier than expected. Stupid Slaking kept using Yawn forcing me to switch out.

My current team
Grovyle Lv 32
Metang Lv 29
Manectric Lv 28
Hariyama Lv 29
Numel Lv 29
Zigzagoon HM slave

Was debating using catching either Corphish or Carvanha but since it was said that Sharpedo's surfing speed was faster than normal, I'll stick with the latter. Perfect timing too, just got surf and currently at the location it's found
you have a fighting type, how was Norman hard
i just tore through him with Blaziken

Top Bottom