• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Fandangox

Pokemon is killing Nintendo.

Read that if you want a good laugh.

Encouraging Animal Crossing on Ipad for item monetization and micro-transactions.

tumblr_mgdfb2mmuO1rrftcdo2_1280.jpg

Crayolan

Ugh, they show you exactly where the Seafloor Cavern is when you beat the 7th gym. I don't really care as I played the originals, but way to ruin the sense of exploration for the newcomers. I loved the idea of knowing the Seafloor Cavern was somewhere in the huge, vast sea, but having no idea where to start looking. It feels especially good to just stumble on it when you aren't even looking for it.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Oh my god! My very first ORAS HomePass and I get the Eon ticket :lol

After doing some research I find out how easy it is to run HomePass on Ubuntu but I dont have a wireless card or dongle that supports Master Mode and a reedit post pointed one out I can buy to get HomePass going on Ubuntu but now I'm sitting here wondering if I should buy the $30 WiFi Dongle on the risk that the reedit post was wrong....

Ugh, they show you exactly where the Seafloor Cavern is when you beat the 7th gym. I don't really care as I played the originals, but way to ruin the sense of exploration for the newcomers. I loved the idea of knowing the Seafloor Cavern was somewhere in the huge, vast sea, but having no idea where to start looking. It feels especially good to just stumble on it when you aren't even looking for it.
I thought that part of the game was horrible. I'm glad they just show you where to go now.

Crayolan

Omg underwater trainer battles are the coolest thing. And the music when you talk to divers is beautiful.

I thought that part of the game was horrible. I'm glad they just show you where to go now.

They had people tell you which route it was in both in Mossdeep and Lilycove, probably in Pacifidlog and Sootopolis too. That was enough IMO. I guess not everyone is a fan of exploration though.

Omg underwater trainer battles are the coolest thing. And the music when you talk to divers is beautiful.

They had people tell you which route it was in both in Mossdeep and Lilycove, probably in Pacifidlog and Sootopolis too. That was enough IMO. I guess not everyone is a fan of exploration though.

Most people hated the water routes, so this way they don't have people wandering around in them for longer than they have to and getting frustrated with the water.

Well yeah. All it really resulted in though is the player bringing a ton of repels, going to the route, diving, and then just wandering around for a while. It was a waste of time and not the fun kind of "exploring".

Panzon

Hey guys just wanted to let you know that I believe Uxie shows up at 8pm til idk, maybe 9pm? I just turned on my 3ds to check and she reappeared again. Would post pics but Im a bit tied up atm.

Can someone else who hasnt caught her please check? Im running on EST

Teknoman

Just beat Link Between Worlds (didnt expect that plot twist) and now im taking my first steps on Route 101 (and later diving into the labyrinth).

Muku

It's already been a long day this morning. I read that as "omg underwear trainer battles..." I was thinking WTF did they add to this game? Upon re-reading it, after forgetting I'd already read this post, trying to catch a Sharpdeo in X, I realized how horribly wrong I was.

WonderPup

I'm about to endure a SR. session for my Latias, but I haven't come across a Synchronizer yet. Does anyone have a Timid Ralts/Abra/et cetera I could loan for a day or two?

If so, my FC is 3153-4172-0166. The IGN is WonderPup.

Pwease.

I'm about to endure a SR. session for my Latias, but I haven't come across a Synchronizer yet. Does anyone have a Timid Ralts/Abra/et cetera I could loan for a day or two?

Pwease.

i had one when i was hunting for a jolly and an adamant, but i released it
sorry

Yrael

Oh man, that's great!

But even better for me:

SHINY ZEKROM GET!
In a Luxury Ball!

Serious nature and somewhat questionable IVs (31/30/31/18/31/0), but I'm too happy to care right now.

Congratulations! :D

Hopefully I'll be as lucky with Kyogre soon...I did about four hours of SR yesterday before going to sleep, I'll do a bit more later.

spiritfox

It's already been a long day this morning. I read that as "omg underwear trainer battles..." I was thinking WTF did they add to this game? Upon re-reading it, after forgetting I'd already read this post, trying to catch a Sharpdeo in X, I realized how horribly wrong I was.

Underwear trainers DLC $99.99.

zychi

Banned
That article is a brilliant business decision for nintendo, it would be worse than Bethesda or Ubisoft with dlc, but it would make Nintendo a shotload of money. Just look at all the suckers buying 30 cent amiibos for $13 a pop

It would suck as a nintendo fan and consumer, but it would be brilliant business wise

Muku

Underwear trainers DLC $99.99.

LOL.

Sadly, I see on front page of Yahoo that yahoo of an article is there. I guess folks are trying to pass it off as it should really happen. That's the day I'd stop playing AC and all. Micro transactions? No thanks.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I'm surprised they didn't try to make "Underwater Battles" a thing...

You know, limiting you to Water Pokemon, which there are a ton of, with a few exceptions (Surskit, Palkia, Keldeo and Swanna since they don't make sense underwater really, and then allowing like Bidoof, and other Pokemon who aren't Water-type, but evolve from or into one)

Yrael

Pwease.

Oh, just saw this - I do have a Timid Synchronizer Ralts that you can borrow, I'll send you a PM with my FC.

Ezalc

I'm surprised they didn't try to make "Underwater Battles" a thing...

You know, limiting you to Water Pokemon, which there are a ton of, with a few exceptions (Surskit, Palkia, Keldeo and Swanna since they don't make sense underwater really, and then allowing like Bidoof, and other Pokemon who aren't Water-type, but evolve from or into one)

Or just pokemon that would be able to swim?

man there's too much neat stuff on the bottom screen, it's too hard to choose what i want to have open

at the very least i can rest easy knowing that i won't need to worry about most of it next game!
:(

Firestorm

My favourite moment this game was using Yawn on a Magma during a Multi Battle with May and then having her use Worry Seed on the target before immediately fainting. WORST TRAINER

MicH

My team is so fucking frail. Just barely beat Wattson and my current team is:

Grovyle lvl 28
Kirlia lvl 24
Aron lvl 12

Welp. I want Sharpedo and Altaria on my team too, but I can't catch them yet. Kirlia is so damn frail!

Also, I swear to god every damn Pokemon in this game is packing something to confuse or paralyze you. I'm going insane!!

Hmm. Is there a pokemon that gives a 2 EV? I thought it's just 1. Shouldn't it be 4 only with power items?

Sorry, if my math sucks

Power items add 4, they don't double the EVs. Also there are pokemon that give 2 or 3 EVs, but they're typically not found in the wild as commonly, and therefore aren't as good for EV training. Weepingbells in XY give 2 each, for example.

Hmm. Is there a pokemon that gives a 2 EV? I thought it's just 1. Shouldn't it be 4 only with power items?

Sorry, if my math sucks
Mons give 1 to 3 EVs. Adding Power Items makes it 5 to 7, and then PokeRUS turns that into 10 to 14.

All you need to know is that with the right power item and RUS, each mon in a horde gives 10 EVs.

Oh, wait, the Eon Ticket thing started? Guess I'll head to the Nintendo World store sometime this weekend to scoop that up.

At Mauville City (It... certainly caught me off guard), and my team isn't too unique:

Grovyle Lv25
Mightyena Lv. 23
Kirlia Lv. 22
Makuhita Lv. 22
Electrike Lv.18
Swellow Lv. 24

Gotta say, playing with Egg Move Pokes this early on is hilarious. Using Brave Bird to one shot Brawly's Pokemon with an underleveled Tailow was the best.

Top Bottom