• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

My friend code is 4725-7962-4810

Edit: do I need to trade you for the egg in pokemon Y? I can't remember if ruby and y can trade with each other or not. I have both Y and omega ruby.

Either game should trade with each other as long as no megas that aren't in XY are involved.
So it should go something like this:
My Pokemon Y Mudkip egg > some random Poke from either your Pokemon Y or Omega Ruby

Then my Omega Ruby Shiny Latias > Mudkip egg from your game
:)

todd360

Either game should trade with each other as long as no megas that aren't in XY are involved.
My Pokemon Y Mudkip egg > some random Poke from either your Pokemon Y or Omega Ruby

ok cool. Give me a minute. There is randomly a new update for ruby lol. Perfect timing nintendo.

RiggyRob

Sweet, my Omega Ruby steelbook + figurine just arrived! It's been a while since I played Pokemon, I pretty much dropped Y after the Elite 4.

todd360

Hey are you still there? I assume your getting on your ruby version now.

Drago

Are Mega stones still only attainable during some hour of the night or can I find them at any time of day now? I found a few by accident but they were both at night so I dunno if there's still a time limit

Kinsei

Banned
Are Mega stones still only attainable during some hour of the night or can I find them at any time of day now? I found a few by accident but they were both at night so I dunno if there's still a time limit

There's no time limit.

EDIT: Beaten by Joe's edit.

J. Bravo

Two questions

1. Can I change my mightyenas ability? Its going to have quick feet instead of intimidate when it evolves. I might just catch a new poochyena.

2. I got this neat charmander from wonder trade with 31/x/31/31/x/31 at lvl 1. But he's careful nature. Worth using? I was thinking physical but he has a 31 in spa. Maybe I can just use him for breeding later.

Azuran

Banned
Two questions

1. Can I change my mightyenas ability? Its going to have quick feet instead of intimidate when it evolves. I might just catch a new poochyena.

2. I got this neat charmander from wonder trade with 31/x/31/31/x/31 at lvl 1. But he's careful nature. Worth using? I was thinking physical but he has a 31 in spa. Maybe I can just use him for breeding later.

1. You can use an ability capsule to change non hidden abilities.

2. He's good for breeding. Mega Charizard X needs Adamant to deal as much damage as possible since he's probably going down quickly. Dunno about Y since I never used him or bothered to look him up.

LocarionStorm

Neo Member
Does anyone know why Captain Stern will not take my scanner? He only says something about the Odd Keystone when I talk to him while having the scanner. I caught Spiritomb already as well.

Was that mine? I've been sending leftover Charmanders off Wonder Trade the past days. :lol

J. Bravo

1. You can use an ability capsule to change non hidden abilities.

2. He's good for breeding. Mega Charizard X needs Adamant to deal as much damage as possible since he's probably going down quickly. Dunno about Y since I never used him or bothered to look him up.
Cool thanks. When do i get an ability capsule?
Was that mine? I've been sending leftover Charmanders off Wonder Trade the past days. :lol
OT Kyle, ID 30389?

I got it this morning.

Wichu

Is macho brace worth it? I feel like I should be using it on my favorite Pokemon...

Not unless you know what you're doing (i.e. unless you want to train it competitively). If you're just playing normally, the growth boost is negligible, and there's a cap on it anyway so you'll reach the same stats even without it. Not worth the 50% Speed reduction IMO.

EDIT: Also my team is approaching level 50 and I only have five badges. This is actually my second team (I rotated out my first when it was getting overleveled). DexNav is too addictive :(

TheMink

Not unless you know what you're doing (i.e. unless you want to train it competitively). If you're just playing normally, the growth boost is negligible, and there's a cap on it anyway so you'll reach the same stats even without it. Not worth the 50% Speed reduction IMO.

Ty this is exactly what I was wondering.

Side note: it's funny that despite playing every pokemon game that's ever existed I'm still considered casual :p

Wichu

Ty this is exactly what I was wondering.

Side note: it's funny that despite playing every pokemon game that's ever existed I'm still considered casual :p

The Macho Brace works similarly to Super Training - if you look at the Super Training graphs for your team members, you'll notice they've already been trained even if you haven't actually used Super Training yet. This is because KOing Pokémon gives you effort points, just like Super Training. The Macho Brace (and Pokérus) doubles effort point gain from battles (but not Super Training!), so the graphs will fill out faster, but you're still limited by the gauge on the right - without the Macho Brace, this will fill only half as fast, but it will still max out eventually.

Even for competitive training, it's better to use the Power items (Power Bracer etc); although they only raise one stat, they're way more efficient than the Macho Brace.

My copy arrived earlier today and I have a report on recommendations for reducing the amount of sex trafficking due.

I have played 45 minutes of the game so far and I don't expect I'll be able to play much more. Practically having a staring match with the steelbook as we speak.

J. Bravo

Oh yeah haven't done it this morning. Not mine then.
Darn that would have been awesome although I would have felt bad for giving you a shitty taillow 🐝

I'm going to be wonder trading until I get a lugia or a mon with pokerus, whichever comes first. So if anyone wants to help out with one or the other....🙆

TheMink

The Macho Brace works similarly to Super Training - if you look at the Super Training graphs for your team members, you'll notice they've already been trained even if you haven't actually used Super Training yet. This is because KOing Pokémon gives you effort points, just like Super Training. The Macho Brace (and Pokérus) doubles effort point gain, so the graphs will fill out faster, but you're still limited by the gauge on the right - without the Macho Brace, this will fill only half as fast, but it will still max out eventually.

Even for competitive training, it's better to use the Power items (Power Bracer etc); although they only raise one stat, they're way more efficient than the Macho Brace.

Ah I see. Thanks.

Another question:

I normally always have a Richu (among others) in my team but since poke bank I've been inspired to diversify a little.
So I decided to use a plusle as my elec type, and I was wondering if it was a terrible Pokemon stat wise. Since it doesn't evolve or anything. But I really have no idea, I've only recently been somewhat interested in the deep things of Pokemon.

I'm still going to use the little bugger cause he's awesome, but I would like to know if he's actually any good :p

J. Bravo

Yeah plusle and minun blow bags of dicks. You can probably make them work but I personally would use electrike cuz his evo is goat. Or even a mightyena with thunder fang like me!

TI82

Banned
Elekid is my favorite elec type.

263.jpg

Wichu

Yeah plusle and minun blow bags of dicks. You can probably make them work but I personally would use electrike cuz his evo is goat. Or even a mightyena with thunder fang like me!

#TeamManectric

I've been using Manectric since 4th gen. It's all sorts of awesome, especially since it can learn Fire-type TMs.

My Plusle (only cause its shiny) is running Echoed Voice, Thunder Wave, Electro Ball, Encore for some paralyzing and Electro Ball fun. It's doable in-game.

You could always look into raising an Electrike. Learns fire moves (can come with Flame Burst if you DexNav one) and gets a Mega too.

Wichu

There's no quick way to reset for non-Eon Ticket Latias/Latios, is there? I have to go through
the Team Aqua/Magma battle and the long-ass cutscenes each time
?

Top Bottom