• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

So I did a bit of googling myself and apparently chain fishing is back.

Guess I know for sure who's gonna in my team
mPXyFrx.gif

Wichu

Timid Latios 31 / 30-31 / 17-19 / 27-29 / 30-31 / 30-31

Gonna check the Speed, and if it's 31, keeping this and continuing with the game.

EDIT: 31. All right, time to head to Fortree City!

Kouriozan

Ok, finished trading all the starter from my OR to AS, but I have a question, can I find or buy all the starter's megastone at some point?

Hmm...dunno if it's worth it but would a payday secret base be valuable?

Right now I got 3 peeps in my secret base that run healing wish blisseys so exp is definitely no longer an issue. I wonder if payday has any value lol

Timid Latios 31 / 30-31 / 17-19 / 27-29 / 30-31 / 30-31

Gonna check the Speed, and if it's 31, keeping this and continuing with the game.

EDIT: 31. All right, time to head to Fortree City!

How do you know/check for IV's?

I'm already past that point so it's too late for me, I soft reset once because the first time I got Latios it had a bad nature and the second time he had a modest nature and higher HP so I kept it.

Would like to know for my second play threw.

How do you know/check for IV's?

I'm already past that point so it's too late for me, I soft reset once because the first time I got Latios it had a bad nature and the second time he had a modest nature and higher HP so I kept it.

Would like to know for my second play threw.

You put the stats into an IV calculator, an easy to use one is the Psypokes calculator

You plug in the stats of your freshly caught pokemon and this calculator will tell you what its IVs can be. The calculator will always return a range of possible IVs for a pokemon below level 100.

Crayolan

Did they change the regi unlock puzzles? I've tried:

-Circling clockwise and using every HM
-Circling counterclockwise and using every HM
-Going to the center of the room and using every HM
-2 steps left, 2 steps down from the center of the braille and using every HM

in all 3 regi caverns and I've only been able to get Registeel's door to open.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

You can cheat by looking at Serebii. :)
Your memory has just changed.

DNAbro

Flash is no long an HM so that is one you are missing.(i might be wrong on this) and one i thought you have to wait and do nothing for awhile.

Teknoman

Is there an ORAS friend code spread sheet yet? Also I wish the game would auto connect online when near a register wi-fi signal. So many people probably playing and not using PSS to its full potential.

denshuu

Online free battle is nothing but Mega Rayquazas, Mega Groudons and genned Darkrais and I'm just over here with Ninjask and Kangaskhan doing Gen 3 tactics. 53 wins, 7 losses so far. Ubers are great.

Crayolan

You can cheat by looking at Serebii. :)
Your memory has just changed.

Wanted to try to do as much as I could off memory. But I guess I was mixing up the Ruby/Sapphire solutions with the Emerald solutions.

Flash is no long an HM so that is one you are missing.(i might be wrong on this) and one i thought you have to wait and do nothing for awhile.

You're right that Flash isn't an HM, but I actually did have it with me. Apparently it isn't needed anyway though.

Time to see if my collection of Zygardes can be used to trade for other legendaries in ORAS. (Half a box of them, all from stupidly cheap trades in GTS)

I just got my Latios and I have to say, I don't know why GF is so obssesed in making this game easier and easier, I mean,
they give you a legendary pokemon like it's nothing, it's like:

"Hey look, there's a Latios over there, do you want it?"
"Sure why not?"-Latios joined your party!

I'm not obssesed with the past or anything, I always embrace change (most of the times) when it comes to Pokemon and I've been playing all the games since Red/Blue, but when I was a kid you had to fight for the legendaries and waste all of your pokeballs to catch them (sometimes having to reset because of running low). Why do they have to make it easier just for kids? I was a kid when I played Red/Blue and I sure didn't complain because it was difficult, I just played the shit out of the game until I was good at it.
Sadly, making things easier will only result on the new generation of gamers being spoiled kids that can't take a challenge and will only play a game in which you press A and win instantly.

Berordn

I just got my Latios and I have to say, I don't know why GF is so obssesed in making this game easier and easier, I mean, they F-ing give you a legendary pokemon like it's nothing, it's like:

Please don't mistake me for a nostalgia fag or something, because I always embrace change (most of the times) when it comes to Pokemon and I've been playing all the games since Red/Blue, but when I was a kid you had to fight for the legendaries and waste all of your damn pokeballs to catch them (sometimes having to reset because of running low). Why do they have to make it easier just for kids? I was a kid when I played Red/Blue and I sure didn't complain because it was difficult, I just played the shit out of the game until I was good at it.
Sadly, making things easier will only result on the new generation of gamers being a complete load of spoiled brats that can't take a challenge and will only play a game in which you press A and win instantly.

because roaming pokemon suck. it's not like the game has any shortage of legendary pokemon to battle and catch normally.

because roaming pokemon suck. it's not like the game has any shortage of legendary pokemon to battle and catch normally.

No roaming Pokemon is a huge plus for me.

I wasn't talking just about roaming, but pokemon like the Regis or the Fairy trio, they're standing there but you have to fight them anyways. Latios is just there, chilling out and suddenly BAM it's in your team. I was expecting at least a difficult fight there.

Any good move sets/ pokemon to use for contests? I've never really had an interest in them but I want the mega stone or whatever. I already did cool with my blaziken so I just have the other 4 left

So, a quick question for everyone in here.

At launch I got Pokemon Y. Put about 25 Hours into it so far (but Animal Crossing took over my life, so it got a lower priority).

The main reason I haven't played more of Pokemon Y is I really just don't like the pacing, and feel the environment and main areas (at the start) are just bland. Side note: It is the first Pokemon I have played since the original Pokemon Red.

Now, with that in mind, would everyone here suggest I try Pokémon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire? I really like the presentation, Art Style and controls of X / Y, but not so much the stuff I just stated.

Teknoman

LegionAgent i'm gonna do you a solid. Go back and edit that post and take out that phrase. Its a bannable offense just to give a heads up. Also they dont really use that kinda slang around GAF. Thats more of a 4chan thing I think.

Grexeno

We can agree that Roaming Pokemon suck, but giving you a legendary in the middle of the game probably isn't the best thing to do.

Wichu

It should be like that for every legendary. Please do that next game GF. Soft resetting is already painful enough.

I'd rather do a battle than an unskippable five minute cutscene each time.

EDIT:

At launch I got Pokemon Y. Put about 25 Hours into it so far (but Animal Crossing took over my life, so it got a lower priority).

The main reason I haven't played more of Pokemon Y is I really just don't like the pacing, and feel the environment and main areas (at the start) are just bland. Side note: It is the first Pokemon I have played since the original Pokemon Red.

Now, with that in mind, would everyone here suggest I try Pokémon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire? I really like the presentation, Art Style and controls of X / Y, but not so much the stuff I just stated.

FWIW, Hoenn (the region in OR/AS) is my favourite Pokémon region (despite all the water routes). You also don't have any ridiculous gaps between things happening like you did between the first and second badges in X/Y; the beginning is definitely better IMO.

Avixph

It should be like that for every legendary. Please do that next game GF. Soft resetting is already painful enough.
You can just get a Powersaves 3DS device to alter your Pokémon's IVs if you don't want to go through the trouble of soft resetting.

one_kill

ORAS' environment is pretty bland imo
A lot of grass and water

I just got my Latios and I have to say, I don't know why GF is so obssesed in making this game easier and easier, I mean, they F-ing give you a legendary pokemon like it's nothing, it's like:

Please don't mistake me for a nostalgia fag or something, because I always embrace change (most of the times) when it comes to Pokemon and I've been playing all the games since Red/Blue, but when I was a kid you had to fight for the legendaries and waste all of your damn pokeballs to catch them (sometimes having to reset because of running low). Why do they have to make it easier just for kids? I was a kid when I played Red/Blue and I sure didn't complain because it was difficult, I just played the shit out of the game until I was good at it.
Sadly, making things easier will only result on the new generation of gamers being a complete load of spoiled brats that can't take a challenge and will only play a game in which you press A and win instantly.
It's one legendary and it was done for the story (and to some degree, to highlight an upcoming mechanic)
Don't see the need to complain since you get to capture the other legendaries in the normal way anyway

Online free battle is nothing but Mega Rayquazas, Mega Groudons and genned Darkrais and I'm just over here with Ninjask and Kangaskhan doing Gen 3 tactics. 53 wins, 7 losses so far. Ubers are great.
A lot of people using ubers don't know how to play competitively
It was the same for XY

Hugstable

Banned
Blah I shoulda went Mudkip, now that I have a Torchic, all I've been thinking about is wanting to have a Mudkip instead, but I'm already 2 gyms in lol. Also how late in the game do you get Dittos? My Torchic is male and I wanna make little Torchickies later

Blah I shoulda went Mudkip, now that I have a Torchic, all I've been thinking about is wanting to have a Mudkip instead, but I'm already 2 gyms in lol. Also how late in the game do you get Dittos? My Torchic is male and I wanna make little Torchickies later

Ditto is post-game, unfortunately. Can trade one from XY, though.

NZNova

I bought Alpha Sapphire and a New 3DS. This is the first Pokemon game I've ever played.

So far I have a Torchic and some random raccoon. No idea what I'm doing. Wish me luck.

Top Bottom