• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Atlantis

nostalgia fag

JTSzOYu.gif

Am I doing it wrong if I'm constantly swapping all my Pokemon in to get experience in battle? It seems to make it take forever, but I want all of my little guys to level up.

You're eventually going to get an item that kind of invalidates that approach, you'll know what I mean. It's still best to rotate your Pokemon out as the situation calls for it and to even out the experience. Some people complain that it becomes too easy to level up all of your Pokemon at the point where you get this item but I like to swap out other Pokemon from the Box at the Pokemon Center to mitigate that.

It's worth noting that in no time flat trainers will rebattle you if you talk to them. So it's super easy to train.

Am I doing it wrong if I'm constantly swapping all my Pokemon in to get experience in battle? It seems to make it take forever, but I want all of my little guys to level up.
To be honest there really isn't a "wrong" way to play Pokemon, but what you're doing is actually normal. Unless you really mean all your Pokemon in general and not just your party of 6 then it's probably not worth it lol.

WarAdept

You get an item to help you with that soon. Keep progressing then after that, switch out and level a single Pokemon or 200 little critters to your hearts content.

Just send them out whenever you think its necessary, Hoenn offers a lot of opportunities to gain experience, especially around the area where the third gym is.

one_kill

Blah I shoulda went Mudkip, now that I have a Torchic, all I've been thinking about is wanting to have a Mudkip instead, but I'm already 2 gyms in lol. Also how late in the game do you get Dittos? My Torchic is male and I wanna make little Torchickies later
Torchic is the best starter imo
There are plenty of grass and water types in ORAS

I bought Alpha Sapphire and a New 3DS. This is the first Pokemon game I've ever played.

So far I have a Torchic and some random raccoon. No idea what I'm doing. Wish me luck.
Have fun! Remember to look at your map if you don't know where to go
And that random raccoon is going to be your best friend ;)

Azuran

Banned
I bought Alpha Sapphire and a New 3DS. This is the first Pokemon game I've ever played.

So far I have a Torchic and some random raccoon. No idea what I'm doing. Wish me luck.

Good luck! You have made the biggest and best decision in your life. Hopefully you love it enough to go down the rabbit hole like we all did.

<<< Proud 15 year Pokemon veteran

Good luck! You have made the biggest and best decision in your life. Hopefully you love it enough to go down the rabbit hole like we all did.

<<< Proud 15 year Pokemon veteran

Rabbit hole? More like black hole that is constantly growing consuming all things.

Once you get too deep, you're lost forever.

Muku

Welcome to the world of Pokemon! It's a fun little place. :3 I'd love to go back and be fresh at it again, picking up Pokemon randomly, not knowing what I ws doing. Good luck! Hope you have a lot of fun with it! :D

Thanks for all the info, guys :D

Yup, no problem. Here's a quick little primer about some of this game's gameplay elements

- it's pretty easy to learn the type advantages in this game but for reference here you go; an attack made by a Pokemon of the same type will do boosted damage

- Moves are either Physical
UATOp.png
, Special
special.png
, or Status
LWKMo.png
. You can check these in your Pokemon's summary. Physical moves rely on the Attack Stat, Special moves on the Special Attack stat. Defensive stats work the same. Higher speed than your opponent = you move first. You want to tailor each Pokemon's moves to their strengths. Pay attention to their abilities - they can give your Pokemon some extra quirks that improve their odds in battle.

- DexNav can be used to locate Pokemon at higher than normal levels, Pokemon that have moves normally only obtainable by breeding, Pokemon with special abilities and heightened stat potential, etc. If you find a Pokemon you really like, try catching it once, and then doing repeat searches for it in DexNav (hit the Pokemon's icon then hit Search). After finding a Pokemon a few times DexNav will tell you its special qualities before you engage it.

Crayolan

Just beat the game for the first time with the team:

-Tentacruel Lv. 52
-Hariyama Lv. 47
-Mightyena Lv. 51
-Graveler Lv. 45
-Vileplume Lv. 56
-Azumarill Lv. 46

The E4 was great, I loved the visual effects both in and out of battle and was pleasantly surprised to see they brought back the E4 level scaling that's been absent since 4th gen and even added some slight team updates. Steven was pretty tough, and is first trainer in gen 6 I had to try more than once to beat, though that might've been because I didn't have much to deal with Steel types. Now if only the whole game was like him.

MattyG

Banned
I just beat Flannery and I only have 2 HMs (rock smash and strength). That doesn't seem right, does it? I think I used to miss a couple in the originals too, but I can't remember where or which ones.

Man hearing that you can transfer stuff from X/Y makes me so sad that I lost
the SD card with my game/save on a trip earlier this year....

RIP Shiny Aegislash.....

Eventually I am going to be obnoxious and ask for handouts from people so I can start rebuilding the team I had... ;p

one_kill

I just beat Flannery and I only have 2 HMs (rock smash and strength). That doesn't seem right, does it? I think I used to miss a couple in the originals too, but I can't remember where or which ones.
You missed Cut?

You'll get Surf and Fly later

DNAbro

The Mirage Spots are a really cool addition. I love going to them and being genuinely surprised at the pokemon there. Got a Porygon, Happiny, and Tynamo out of it.

Onwards to Delta!

My E4 team was:
Latias lvl 50
Doublade lvl 52
Swampert lvl 51
Metagross lvl 53
Diancie lvl 56
Goodra lvl 55

I made the mistake of mega evolving my Diancie against Steven and yeah. Still beat him first try but only cause of revives.

Here I am trading a gen 5 reshiram on GTS hoping for a gen 6 one.

I trade Reshiram A off, get Reshiram B. Grab Reshiram C to trade and get Reshiram A back...

edit: Btw, if people are willing to do 1 to 1 trades of legendaries I'm looking for gen 6 pokemon and will trade their previous gen counterpart.

Specifically looking for the following:

Ho-Oh
Palkia
Groudon

Basically a gen 6 Ho-Oh for a previous Ho-Oh or Groudon for Groudon. I don't care how bad the gen 6 version of the legendary you have is, I just need it for the collection. If you need any other legendaries though, I do have some extras in the collection like I can do a gen 3 Kyogre for a gen 6 Groudon.

Phionoxx

Anyone have any leftover bred shroomish with quick feet and bullet seed? Trying to find one in the forest is draining my interest in the game fast.

DNAbro

Got challenged by a random person with a Mega Rayquaza, Primal Kyorge, Mespirit, and Latias. I didn't even have a great team and it was still pretty easy to beat them. Apparently they didn't realize that Sharpedo is part dark.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Welp just tested since I couldn't find an answer at the time
Spoiler for after Champion

The credits do show if you had a Shiny version; brb, restarting game to get shiny starter

Top Bottom