• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

wiibomb

How soon can you transfer Pokémon? I supposed that was after beating the Elite Four normally?

wasn't it after getting the pokedex? surely not after E4 because I have done trades before that in other games and that's a standard in the series

Macka

Just heard that the Eon ticket is being distributed by some stores? Do we know how this works? Region locked codes again? I have a US 3ds in Australia so this is always a pain in the ass.

MicH

I did not expect the Eon ticket ambassador program was gonna come to Scandinavia. That's awesome. I would totally participate, but I already got my ticket. Bergsala (and NoE) seems to be cooperating pretty damn well compared to a few years ago. I cannot believe we even get Club Nintendo promotions here now!

I never knew anyone who got one, but another annoying shiny:
445.png

445.png

Awful.

As for me, my first random shiny was a Bidoof. I think that's a fair bit worse than Zigzagoon. <.<

My friend had been telling me how he avoided EV training in that first section in D/P because he was afraid of accidentally finding a shiny Bidoof. I laughed at him, then fate laughed at me.

You take that back! Shiny Mega Garchomp is the pink death everybody asked for D<

Linius

I transfered from bank right after getting the pokedex. So roughly 5 minutes in. I played through the whole game with that team.

I'm thinking about going trough my old Pokémon games to catch my ideal team before continuing in AS. I've got an old DS and a 3DS. I have X, Y, White, Diamond and Soul Silver. I think I should be able to catch and trasfer Mons across all these games right?

Wanace

I'm thinking about going trough my old Pokémon games to catch my ideal team before continuing in AS. I've got an old DS and a 3DS. I have X, Y, White, Diamond and Soul Silver. I think I should be able to catch and trasfer Mons across all these games right?

Yes, but you'll need two ds's to transfer from diamond/soul silver to white I think.

Varion

OMG Soaring is the best thing ever.

It's not coming back ever.
Soaring for the first time with that music kicking in is just the best feeling. It's not coming back though :(

Beat Episode Delta and did the Elite Four rematches yesterday, so now I've just got a few more legendaries that aren't showing up at the moment to catch and then short of catching more stuff I'm basically done. Never thought a remake of the generation where my interest in the franchise started to wane a bit as a kid would end up being my favourite game in the series, but it actually happened. The DexNav made catching and team building a joy (I kept remaking my team over the course of the game just to try new stuff out), soaring is the best addition that will never come back for another game, the soundtrack was fantastic, and hell even the story was enjoyable for what it was. Almost want to go through Alpha Sapphire too at some point, but I should probably let it sit for a while at the very least.

You'll need to pay for Pokebank, but yeah, you will. I've done it myself. Diamond and Soul Silver stuff trades over to White, then from White you use the Pokebank's transporter thing to get everything to Pokebank, then from there onto XY/ORAS.

k91191

Diamomd & Soul Silver have to trade its Pokemon to gen V first (White). There's some building in White that allow you to transfer Pokemon with 1 DS system.

Pokemon White can then transfer its Pokemon to Gen 6 (X/Y & OR/AS) via PokeBank Transporter.

Linius

You'll need to pay for Pokebank, but yeah, you will. I've done it myself. Diamond and Soul Silver stuff trades over to White, then from White you use the Pokebank's transporter thing to get everything to Pokebank, then from there onto XY/ORAS.

Diamomd & Soul silver have to trade its Pokemon to gen V first (white).

Pokemon White can then transfer its Pokemon to Gen 6 (X/Y & OR/AS) via PokeBank Transporter.

I figured it would be quite a hastle to get Mons from Diamond and SS over to the new gen. But at least it's possible.

When you think about, it's actually possible to bring over my old Kyogre from Sapphire trough Palpark. Then from there to White and from there to the Pokebank :p

It would be easier to gts for some parents and then breed (if you care about IVs). Or ask on here.

k91191

I figured it would be quite a hastle to get Mons from Diamond and SS over to the new gen. But at least it's possible.

When you think about, it's actually possible to bring over my old Kyogre from Sapphire trough Palpark. Then from there to White and from there to the Pokebank :p

I have all my main teams from my original Ruby/Emerald/Leaf Green runs in PokeBank right now. Plus a bunch of legendaries from Colloseum and XD too. It's freaking awesome.

DexNav spamming is a lot easier when I can raise their search levels by encountering them in hordes before hand.

And also helps when they are not in a god damn cave.

Just heard that the Eon ticket is being distributed by some stores? Do we know how this works? Region locked codes again? I have a US 3ds in Australia so this is always a pain in the ass.
Normal streetpass, not region locked or anything. That should ensure it has a near infinite life.

Joey Ravn

Banned
I *finally* have my game. After I finish downloading the update, I'm off to Hoenn. It's the first time that I didn't even plan a team for the game. I think I'll make it up as I go. I have all 719 available Pokémon on X, so I feel like I'm cheating myself if I min-max my OR team. I do have a male Ralts with 31 Attack, SpAttack, SpDefense and Speed IVs that I plan to EV train and evolve to Gallade, eventually, though. I'll probably send it

Wanace

Will Mirage islands appear and disappear after you've gotten them?

I had Pathless Plain last night but I didn't go to it. Now today it's not there. I hope it'll come back because I didn't capture the pokemon there...

Linius

I'm just gonna figure out a fun team to play the story with at first. After that's done I'll get in to the competitive part of the game more. Think I'm gonna spend a lot of hours with this game.

Busaiku

Man, they needed to divide the Safari Zone into proper sections.
I keep going back and forth into Mauville cause I don't know which bike I need...

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Going in relatively blind, there's a lot of cool little things in this game. Like Sharpedo being double speed over other surfers, or the dexnav.

The exp share is definitely broken here, though. My pokemon are all over 50, and I haven't even encountered Kyogre yet, lol

May need to get someone's help at some point to transfer some Specialty capture 'mon for the rest of the legendaries in the post game, tho. My Thunder Wave False swipe Gallade is raring to go.

Man, they needed to divide the Safari Zone into proper sections.
I keep going back and forth into Mauville cause I don't know which bike I need...

This is def one of my least favorite returning sections. In my travels thus far, it seems the acro bike is needed in many more instances than its mach counterpart.

Wanace

I just had a battle I was sure I was going to lose turn around and go my way.

On the Battle Spot, with another player.

If you're interested in watching my competitive team against another player, you can use the VS. Recorder to view it.

My team:
Sableye
Jolteon
Milotic
Mega-Altaria

His team:
Landorus
Eelektross
Suicune
Mega-Kangaskhan

Came down to the last Pokemon!

Here it is:

EJ2G-WWWW-WWWC-KK5C

Guys, a dumb question: If my pokemon is at -2 on a stat (let's say Attack), and I use a move that gives +1, will it go to -1 or +1? Thanks in advance.

I just looked at the /shinypokemon subreddit, and it appears that only Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza are shiny locked.

Thank god, can't wait to SR for a shiny Reshiram, I'm already imagining that I'll have to put my hand deep in that hole many times.

ffdgh

I just looked at the /shinypokemon subreddit, and it appears that only Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza are shiny locked.

Thank god, can't wait to SR for a shiny Reshiram, I'm already imagining that I'll have to put my hand deep in that hole many times.

That weird considering they weren't in RSE. Shame.

... Deoxys isn't?! Hell yes!

Linius

How long does it usually take to find a shiny trough soft resetting? The idea of doing such a thing for like eight hours sounds exhausting to me.

That weird considering they weren't in RSE. Shame.

Yep, they look incredibly awesome in the Primal Forms when shiny. The only one that I'm missing shiny is Groudon, and it seems that it will stay that way.

... Deoxys isn't?! Hell yes!

Apparently he isn't, there is a picture, but we can't be 100% sure.

How long does it usually take to find a shiny trough soft resetting? The idea of doing such a thing for like eight hours sounds exhausting to me.

It can take days, weeks, even months, if you're not lucky (like I wasn't with Groudon on my OG Ruby game). But if you are, then you can get it in a couple hours.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It sounds horrible indeed, but I'm somehow tempted a little to try this with some of the legendaries. I don't think I will have enough patience, though.

Linius

It can take days, weeks, even months, if you're not lucky (like I wasn't with Groudon on my OG Ruby game). But if you are, then you can get it in a couple hours.

You're telling me you kept your game at Groudon for as long as it took to get the shiny? That would be some serious dedication man :p

Top Bottom