• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

You're telling me you kept your game at Groudon for as long as it took to get the shiny? That would be some serious dedication man :p

Actually, I finished the game, transferred all my pokemons to my Sapphire game, then started it over to try and get a Groudon shiny. But in the end, after months of SRing, I couldn't get one. I had more lucky with Kyogre and Rayquaza, though, they only took a couple of weeks, IIRC.

And thanks, sometimes even I wonder how I can be so patient with those things, but I guess I like doing it.

Holy--!
I don't know how, was browsing around the shopping areas today while visiting family, but I ended up getting an Eon Ticket!

I must have streetpassed someone who got one themselves.

KemoSabe

I just got AS and im wondering what Starter i should choose?
The grass type? Since its strong against water?

Also, can i get the other starters later in the game?

The only legendaries I would be tempted to SR for are Reshiram and Hooh but since neither of them are in the version I have, I won't kill myself over it.

one_kill

Just found out about the Eon Ticket coming here to Australia. Fortunately for me, a store that isn't so far away is going to be one of the few locations. Can anyone tell me how to get it? Do I simply have to walk in the store with streetpass on?

I can't stand soft-resetting fir shinies. I'm more of a MM type of guy
You can't MM legendaries though :p

I just got AS and im wondering what Starter i should choose?
The grass type? Since its strong against water?

Also, can i get the other starters later in the game?
Pick Torchic
There's a lack of fire and fighting Pokemon early in the game and a number of water and grass Pokemon available

Linius

Usually for event items you'll have to use mystery gift. Does that still exist? That was how it went down with the events in Diamond/Pearl.

one_kill

Usually for event items you'll have to use mystery gift. Does that still exist? That was how it went down with the events in Diamond/Pearl.
Na, Mystery Gift is for Pokemon now

Event items would need to be attached to a Pokemon I think, but I can't recall any Gen 6 event items

Linius

The only thing I know is that it's usually required to boot up your game and do something with it. In New Leaf you had to go to the post office. And in Pokémon games it used to be Mystery Gift and then go to a guy that randomly appears at the market to pick up the item.

EDIT

Is this rich kid for real? A full restore for his lv. 8 Zigzagoon? Come on man.

one_kill

The only thing I know is that it's usually required to boot up your game and do something with it. In New Leaf you had to go to the post office. And in Pokémon games it used to be Mystery Gift and then go to a guy that randomly appears at the market to pick up the item.

EDIT

Is this rich kid for real? A full restore for his lv. 8 Zigzagoon? Come on man.
Guess I'll watch a video on how it works
Can't do it right now though since Smash and amiibos need to be purchased! :D

There's hardly any water types until after the fire gym though.
There are still more options for a water type Pokemon than a fire type
If you only need one in your party, then a Sharpedo is more than good enough

I checked into my hotel room in Chicago and checked my streetpasses since this is a Dr. Who convention and all, meaning geeks galore and thus half a dozen streetpasses before even really getting into the convention since all I did was get my badge, went to my room, and got on the internet on my laptop.

...Eon Ticket GETTO DAZE!

Spades

Just started playing Sapphire
(this is my first ever Pokémon game)
and just picked up my Pokédex.

Could someone please explain how I now get my Game Sync ID for Pokémon Global Link so I can transfer over the items I obtained in the demo?

KemoSabe

Just found out about the Eon Ticket coming here to Australia. Fortunately for me, a store that isn't so far away is going to be one of the few locations. Can anyone tell me how to get it? Do I simply have to walk in the store with streetpass on?

You can't MM legendaries though :p

Pick Torchic
There's a lack of fire and fighting Pokemon early in the game and a number of water and grass Pokemon available

Doesnt the villains use water types mostly?
Do i even have a chance against them with my main Pokémon being fire type?

Berordn

They're exceptionally weak and they mostly use Water/Dark types which means you can trounce them with fighting moves that Torchic eventually learns.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?

There are a good number of grass pokemon available to catch in the wild early on, either lotad or seedot are among the earliest.

And the only real 'water' pokemon team aqua uses is carvanha/sharpedo. They mostly stick to that and Pooch/Mightyena.

Dark type is weak to fighting, which torchic's evolutions gain.

wiibomb

Just started playing Sapphire
(this is my first ever Pokémon game)
and just picked up my Pokédex.

Could someone please explain how I now get my Game Sync ID for Pokémon Global Link so I can transfer over the items I obtained in the demo?

you don't need that, just open the demo and tell steven to transfer the rewards to your full game, then in the full game go to the main menu where you choose to continue a save and instead of chosing that option choose "Pokemon Link" and follow the directions

Spades

you don't need that, just open the demo and tell steven to transfer the rewards to your full game, then in the full game go to the main menu where you choose to continue a save and instead of chosing that option choose "Pokemon Link" and follow the directions

Great, thank you!

Arclaid

According to the Nintendo Australia FB page, Nintendo reps will be handing them out at noon on Monday (Dec 1st) at those locations. But if you're unable to go, anyone who got one will be able to share them via streetpass.

So Smogon banned Mega Salamence to Ubers.

I haven't tried wifi yet, but it's gonna be tough out there trying to deal with that thing AND Kangaskhan now. Cofagrigus shits on both of them so there's that.

Wanace

So Smogon banned Mega Salamence to Ubers.

I haven't tried wifi yet, but it's gonna be tough out there trying to deal with that thing AND Kangaskhan now. Cofagrigus shits on both of them so there's that.

Both times I've faced teams with Mega Salamence I've killed it with my Mega Altaria. Not sure if they just sucked at battling with it or what.

Mega Kangaskhan still gives me fits though, but that's why I have Sableye with Will-o-wisp.

Should clarify this was in doubles. I don't know if Smogon does singles or what. Singles is boring AF IMO.

Both times I've faced teams with Mega Salamence I've killed it with my Mega Altaria. Not sure if they just sucked at battling with it or what.

Mega Kangaskhan still gives me fits though, but that's why I have Sableye with Will-o-wisp.

Should clarify this was in doubles. I don't know if Smogon does singles or what. Singles is boring AF IMO.
Smogon does 6v6 Singles. Game Freak's officially supported Singles format is Bring 6, Pick 3. This leads to 6v6 Singles having all sorts of silly balance issues that Smogon has to fix.

4v4 Doubles is also the official VGC format so it's probably the one GF balances for the most, and in that format you can do things you can't in Singles so a lot of mons are a little bit easier to deal with.

Oh god I finally got around starting Alpha Sapphire after my 3DS sat on the title-screen for half a day because I spend time with some friends. The music... the intro-sequence... the nostalgia is real and soooo good! :D

Post I made on another site:

So like, earlier I was SRing Virizion and stuff, right? Well I took a break to go attend to Secret Base stuff, and then when I went back to start SRing again what I see is a Cobalion, not a Virizion.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Cerity

Either Battle Maison is a lot easier than I remember it in X/Y or my Sceptile/Metagross/Pelipper team is a lot better than I thought it was.

Just about to hit the 4th gym. My god I did not think a Pokemon game could get easier than X/Y. But GF proved me wrong...

Still enjoying the hell out of it though. :D

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Funfact: If you faint Groudon/kyogre during the story they will reappear after beating the Elite Four.

Motherfucker.

I completely forgot timer balls for my kyogre, and was basically resigned to throwing ultras after I saved inside the cave.

Oh well, managed to catch a timid with perfect SA,SpD, and speed, with 28 HP, so it could be worse.

Top Bottom