• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Just about to hit the 4th gym. My god I did not think a Pokemon game could get easier than X/Y. But GF proved me wrong...

Still enjoying the hell out of it though. :D

E..easier? o.o I'm no lover of difficulties and play more relaxed than anything else but I kind of miss the time where I actually would break a sweat during some battles during the game :p Still, 30 minutes in and I'm all happy and amazed too! :D

Varion

When I got mine from a Streetpass earlier I got a message saying that I got an Eon Ticket along with the usual "Secret Bases have been updated!" and "New Mirage spots have been discovered!" messages.
Do you get them pretty much straight away without having to connect to the internet or anything? I only ever seem to get those Streetpass messages after connecting to the internet...although I'm not sure how I'm getting them at all considering my 3DS hasn't left the house since the game came out. Thinking of heading out to one of the stores in the UK relay and seeing if I can inconspicuously grab one though, so I'm just curious how long it'll take until I know if it worked or not.

Busaiku

Huh, for some reason, I thought Route 129+ were locked off till after the league.
Guess there's a lot more Platinums to get...

Just about to hit the 4th gym. My god I did not think a Pokemon game could get easier than X/Y. But GF proved me wrong...

Still enjoying the hell out of it though. :D
Turn exp share off, don't use dexnav, and only catch Pokemon you're going to use. The levels are almost identical to RS, some are actually higher.

How come my Seedot didn't learn Nature Power at level 13?

Nevermind, read Serebii wrong. For some reason it now stupidly learns it at level 15 meaning I have to pick between that or Razor Leaf on my Nuzleaf

I haven't played through a Pokemon game since my youth pretty much. I've tried to play some of the DS ones, but never got far....the last Pokemon game I went nuts with was all the way back on the GBC with Pokemon Silver.

If I was to pick up one of the 3DS games, which would you guys recommend as the better game? Pokemon X/Y, or OR/AS?

I haven't played through a Pokemon game since my youth pretty much. I've tried to play some of the DS ones, but never got far....the last Pokemon game I went nuts with was all the way back on the GBC with Pokemon Silver.

If I was to pick up one of the 3DS games, which would you guys recommend as the better game? Pokemon X/Y, or OR/AS?

Probably OR/AS. Haven't actually played them yet (christmas present!) but X/Y are the weakest pokemon games by a long margin. I would honestly recommend getting the DS black/white game rather than X/Y if it came down to it.

Same here. Before X/Y I only played Gen 2. I would recommend ORAS over X/Y. I was extremely surprised by how much I liked the music, characters, and story. The post game is also better.

Lebon14

I saw this landing on my twitter feed:
on6r4Ha.jpg

LEWD. Hahaha
Source

...btw, finally received my game today. I'm already LTTP.

Do you get them pretty much straight away without having to connect to the internet or anything? I only ever seem to get those Streetpass messages after connecting to the internet...although I'm not sure how I'm getting them at all considering my 3DS hasn't left the house since the game came out. Thinking of heading out to one of the stores in the UK relay and seeing if I can inconspicuously grab one though, so I'm just curious how long it'll take until I know if it worked or not.
They appear straight away when you streetpass.

However, you can also "streetpass" most things over the internet, which is very convenient for everything but the Eon Ticket, which is probably the one thing that doesn't go over the net.

QP3

Picked up OR this afternoon. A few questions....

1. I remember in other games, when I encountered a wild pokemon that I had already caught, a small pokeball would appear near it's name, indicating I already had caught one. Why don't I see this in OR? Is there a new method of telling?

2. Does GAF have a friend code document going for safari? I remember the one for X/Y and really liked it.

Other than that, hope everyone is enjoying the game! cheers!

I honestly have no idea why I keep searching for good egg moves and IVs of Pokemon that I don't even plan on using. (Although it's getting me to try out some of them!)

DexNav is so addicting.

EDIT: I'm still seeing the Pokeball symbol for the Pokemon I caught. The symbol is all white now, though, instead of having colours of an actual Pokeball like before.

...btw, finally received my game today. I'm already LTTP.

Oh dear that image :p And same, I really enjoyed the worldwide launch for X/Y so getting the game a week late with the GAF thread at page 88 already is a little sad, especially how slow this thread now moves for whatever reason :(

Picked up OR this afternoon. A few questions....

1. I remember in other games, when I encountered a wild pokemon that I had already caught, a small pokeball would appear near it's name, indicating I already had caught one. Why don't I see this in OR? Is there a new method of telling?

2. Does GAF have a friend code document going for safari? I remember the one for X/Y and really liked it.

Other than that, hope everyone is enjoying the game! cheers!

I still see the Pokéball icon for Pokémon I already caught, I will try to get a screenshot if I figure out how to take one.

And I also would like to know if we have a spreadsheet for OR/AS, it was nice having some GAFers to Safari and PPS with for X/Y :eek:

And I had no idea PPS icons are gender-locked, I would have thought twice about taking May then, oh well :/

the Game Corner made me depressed. That man seemed so sad and defeated.

I get the feeling Gamefreak really did not want to remove it, based on the old owner's dialog.

"I had to shut it down for reasons I don't want to go into. People had a lot of fun when it was open. I guess times just change..."

:(

Zafir

At the start of the game when it's teaching you about sneaking and there's something in the grass, what is it? Is it worth restarting to get or isn't it much?

I sneaked up to it, but for some reason it ran away on turning to the right to get it. -.-

MattyG

Banned
the Game Corner made me depressed. That man seemed so sad and defeated.

I get the feeling Gamefreak really did not want to remove it, based on the old owner's dialog.

"I had to shut it down for reasons I don't want to go into. People had a lot of fun when it was open. I guess times just change..."

:(
Yeah, I was so upset when I saw that. I was really looking forward to some slots and roulette.

Wanace

I cannot find the Pathless Plain. I saw it the other day marked on my map when flying with Latios, and now it's gone. I didn't land there the first time I saw it because I didn't have the Pokemon I wanted to use to battle.

Now I can't go there. I have Pokemon with max evs, happiness, still no go. Waited a day to see if it would come back and nothing.

Anyone else having this problem?

Oh yes, it is absolutely beast. So spectacularly broken for the early game...
It's nice having an easy shortcut this early though. There isn't a Pokemon that I plan on keeping long term yet so it's helpful having a beastly Taillow OHKOing every trainer she sees.

c-murph

Hey everyone!

What are those little medals that appear on the world map with all the pokemon faces?

Some appear to be brown, some are gold...

Azuran

Banned
Hey everyone!

What are those little medals that appear on the world map with all the pokemon faces?

Some appear to be brown, some are gold...

Bronze means that you caught all the Pokemon available to you at that moment in that route. Golds means that you caught everyone there.

#380 Latias [Timid]
IVs: 30, 31 / 30, 31 / 30, 31 / 4, 5, 6 / 30, 31 / 30, 31
This is just a random example, but a lot of you are posting oddly specific IV stats - how are you doing this? Are you using online IV calculators, or is the IV judge in this game finally not horse shit?

Yrael

Okay, I've been SR'ing now for quite a while in front of Kyogre, but no luck so far. :/ This is still in story mode - I'm starting to wonder if it really is shiny locked and I've been wasting my time.

c-murph

Bronze means that you caught all the Pokemon available to you at that moment in that route. Golds means that you caught everyone there.

Ahhhh, okay. I transferred over my pokebank contents to fill my dex. Now I just need to capture the Legendaries and fill in the blue hexagons.

Okay, I've been SR'ing now for quite a while in front of Kyogre, but no luck so far. :/ This is still in story mode - I'm starting to wonder if it really is shiny locked and I've been wasting my time.
I think it and the other 2 are shiny locked.

No one has put a video on youtube encountering them shiny. I'd like to be wrong though. :(

Download a secret base that has a team of nothing but Blisseys with Healing Wish. You need the Level release item from the battle resort though.

Wow! I didn't know about this. I hAve ignored this part of the game.

I'm going to get my learn on bout this.

Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: is there a preferred place to set up a secret base?

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
So yesterday while shopping in the Mall past midnight I got alot of Street Passes and I checked on them right before I left and I was disappointed I didn't get the Ticket I wanted but when I got home I noticed I got one more street pass and to my surprise I got what I wanted after all and got the Eon Ticket

Yrael

I think it and the other 2 are shiny locked.

No one has put a video on youtube encountering them shiny. I'd like to be wrong though. :(

Hmmm...if I KO it so I can encounter it again post-story, do you know if its stats and such will be locked into the same values?

So yesterday while shopping in the Mall past midnight I got alot of Street Passes and I checked on them right before I left and I was disappointed I didn't get the Ticket I wanted but when I got home I noticed I got one more street pass and to my surprise I got what I wanted after all and got the Eon Ticket

I'm gonna have to bring my 3DS with me from now on when I go out towards the more populated areas. I only get secret bases.

Ondore

At the start of the game when it's teaching you about sneaking and there's something in the grass, what is it? Is it worth restarting to get or isn't it much?

I sneaked up to it, but for some reason it ran away on turning to the right to get it. -.-

A level 5 Poochenya that has Thunder Fang (Treecko starter)/Ice Fang (Torchic)/Fire Fang (Mudkip).

Edit:
I'm gonna have to bring my 3DS with me from now on when I go out towards the more populated areas. I only get secret bases.

If you're in NA, there's a "National Streetpass Weekend" on right now where you can get random tags from Nintendo Zones.

Hey guys. Anyone have a good 5-6 IV Ditto they would be willing to part with? I can give you my club Nintendo code, or masterball, or one of the legendaries if you like.

Muku

Yeah, I was so upset when I saw that. I was really looking forward to some slots and roulette.

I kind of wonder if it's a take at pachinko here. A lot of pachinko places are having it rough. Going as far as to revamping themselves and maybe even trying to reinvent themselves to target a wider audience. I know a while back one of the pachinko parlors in town here that was big went out of business.

Hmmm...if I KO it so I can encounter it again post-story, do you know if its stats and such will be locked into the same values?
I think you can face them again after you beat the E4.
Not sure about the stats.

Don't take my word as fact because I haven't even gone to the Seafloor Cavern yet.

Lebon14

Oh dear that image :p And same, I really enjoyed the worldwide launch for X/Y so getting the game a week late with the GAF thread at page 88 already is a little sad, especially how slow this thread now moves for whatever reason :(

Yeah. I always buy my physical games online so, I'm always LTTP because I'm too cheap to pay for express shipping and I'm usually fine with standard shipping being quick enough (usually 3-business days). This time, Canada-Post fucked up and delivered it 2 days later than it should have. I even thought they lost it and contacted Amazon about it. They prepared another one for me. MINUTES later, Canada-Post updated the tracking for the first time since it got out of Mississauga: Out for delivery. Finger, Canada Post. Obviously cancelled the Amazon replacement as soon as I found out.

/rant

Anyway, I found a Lv.15 Slakoth with Adament Nature. It has Feint Attack early and has egg move Crush Claw. 75 power move this early is awesome. My Mudkip was only Lv.12 when I captured I totally took advantages of Truant to Growl and Mud-Slap it to nothing. Hahahaha.

Can anyone help me out here? I have codes for the Shiny Gengar and Shiny Diancie from Gamestop, but I don't have a copy of XY and I can't redeem the codes in ORAS. My brother already redeemed his codes on his copy of Pokemon X, but he can't redeem a second set.

Would someone that hasn't redeemed their codes or has an extra copy where they haven't redeemed a code be willing to redeem my codes and then trade me the Pokemon? :3

Muku

Can anyone help me out here? I have codes for the Shiny Gengar and Shiny Diancie from Gamestop, but I don't have a copy of XY and I can't redeem the codes in ORAS. My brother already redeemed his codes on his copy of Pokemon X, but he can't redeem a second set.

Would someone that hasn't redeemed their codes or has an extra copy where they haven't redeemed a code be willing to redeem my codes and then trade me the Pokemon? :3

I don't believe the Diancie is shiny. I think the big question here is are you just wanting them redeemed, or do you want specific nature/IV breakdown of your Pokemon?

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Here's the pics for my previous post:

ET1.jpg

ET2.jpg

Top Bottom