• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

ORAS battle spot now has Pokemon. Compare and contrast sets and stuff.
http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/battle/oras/
The top 12 and the only legendary is sight is Zapdos. Also nice to see Evolite Porygon2 in 7th place.

Still there is something amusingly ironic in that the legendaries in the XY top 12 can be obtained in ORAS (not XY) and vice versa.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Ya, there's like a bajillion things on the bottom screen of ORAS. XY has 3 and teaches you o-powers and stuff.

spiritfox

I keep fainting Kyogre >.<

That awesome cutscene is pretty awesome though.

edit: Ow Origin Pulse hits hard. Whose idea was it to put Aqua Ring on him.

Is this a good one to get back to the series or should I get X/Y. I have Black flying around too.
Pokémon games are beginner friendly in their nature/on the surface to some extent*. Black feels like it tries too hard to be a reboot in places (150 all-new Pokémon is all you're going to see until postgame for example), the overworld layout was a bit uninspired but having played it after XY I felt annoyed at how some things we not carried forward (the clock on the bottom screen, dark grass patches, interesting antagonists and rivals, streamlined while not feeling dumbed down).

Black and XY hardly require HMs to progress while in ORAS you're going to need to surf a lot.

*-The games don't do a great job of explaining types. Yes you can usually make a guess at things and an NPC will usually say some things.

celebi23

Has there been definitive proof if Groudon/Kygore are shiny-locked or not? I'm at 156 soft resets right now, for Groudon, and just wanted to see if there's been proof either way.

Ah OR finally arrived and I almost forget to set the Vivillion pattern to Monsoon (hopefully assuming it is set the same way as XY). This first playthrough is going to be a rush for the legendaries in any case (I'll probably do River in the proper one).

Quick thing I noticed. Being a Professor pays more than a Gym leader. You have a Basic White Wii U while the child of the professor has a Black Premium one.

Wichu

Has there been definitive proof if Groudon/Kygore are shiny-locked or not? I'm at 156 soft resets right now, for Groudon, and just wanted to see if there's been proof either way.

Nope, no definitive proof yet. Considering the number of people likely to be resetting for it, I would assume it's shiny locked.

I've made 20 eggs, where is my shiny?

Meanwhile, over 1000 eggs later, still no shiny Skiddo...

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, didn't expect to get the rest of the legendaries so quickly through the GTS. I knew it was easy but I expected a couple of days, not a couple of hours.

Oh well, got all legendaries, 6th gen versions. Gonna send them off to XY just for the pokedex to have them as pentagon instead of pokeball then they can stay in the bank.
How did you do this? Did you search for them, or offered a Pokemon and asked for them? What did you trade them for?

You can get both bikes at the same time; check serebii
Whoa, how are you supposed to find this out on your own?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
interesting

So my country doesn't have Eon Ticket event. However, one guy from a different university lucked out and was in the US during the Eon Ticket event, so their game got the ticket. They went home, and it spread in their university. It then spread to me and my brother's university.

That Eon Ticket plague.

Busaiku

interesting

So my country doesn't have Eon Ticket event. However, one guy from a different university lucked out and was in the US during the Eon Ticket event, so their game got the ticket. They went home, and it spread in their university. It then spread to me and my brother's university.

That Eon Ticket plague.

I wish I could get infected.

Muku

Ah OR finally arrived and I almost forget to set the Vivillion pattern to Monsoon (hopefully assuming it is set the same way as XY). This first playthrough is going to be a rush for the legendaries in any case (I'll probably do River in the proper one).

Quick thing I noticed. Being a Professor pays more than a Gym leader. You have a Basic White Wii U while the child of the professor has a Black Premium one.

I hear ya. Almost forgot to region set when AS came in other day because I was so wanting to jump in. Monsoon is a nice pattern. I'm not sure if it works same way yet, as I don't feel like I'm at a point where I can really bother experimenting with it yet. Set mine to Icy Snow on this one. Hope it works out to add to my Monsoon and Sandstorm collection.

Cerity

uhh whoops. I accidentally OHKO'd
Deoxys

I was actually looking up if you could re-battle or if it was worth using the masterball too.

Lexxism

What's the best site to use for IV calculator? I tried using psypokes.com but I'm not sure if the numbers are accurate or not

So, the last Pokemon game I played was Yellow :3

Is this a good one to get back to the series or should I get X/Y. I have Black flying around too.

Both are very good games, I think you should play X/Y first ( there is a lot of RBY-fanservice in there) and play ORAS if you liked it.

....oh and you should throw black in the trash. Worst gen by a country mile, you´ll fight almost as many textboxes as Pokemon .

Clearly hyperbole, but I didn´t like black all that much

Ragus

Banned
Loved Ruby as a kid, after 3rd gen, I was disappointed with gen 4, gen 5 was goat to me, and then came XY, which were ok, but nothing spectacular. Really interested to see, how those remakes hold up.

Yrael

So I got my first shiny in the game (bar the beldum), zigzagoon.

Does the game hate me?

Could be worse - my friend's only shiny is a Seel.

Normal Seel:
Spr_5b_086.png

Shiny Seel:
Spr_5b_086_s.png

Alright about to start this up, I can't wait to dive into Hoenn again! :D Though now for a difficult decision, do I stay true to my rule? Ever since Pokémon Crystal I've been swapping genders from release to release and it would be May's turn again though without the customization and with the online features I'm not sure. Then again I really dislike Brendan's design... :/

First dexnav moment. Getting a level 15 Wingull which proceeds to use wide guard 6 times in a row rather than attack me allowing me to take the catch. Looks like Roxanne and Brawly will be no problem.

What's the best site to use for IV calculator? I tried using psypokes.com but I'm not sure if the numbers are accurate or not
I like to use this one:
http://www.legendarypokemon.net/ivcalcxy.html

But anyway if you mean things like Atk 16,17,18 well that is down to the fact the stat is identical for that IV range at the level you are. Even level 50 there is no difference between odd and even (e.g 30 and 31 are the same) provided the there are no EVs invested.

QP3

Picking this game up later this afternoon. I put about 100 hours into Y, then left for military so haven't played since last November.

Any major changes to breeding that I should know about?

Also, I remember a safari friend document that GAF had going for X/Y (which was awesome). Is there a new one for ORAS?

Thanks!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
btw Joe, you forgot to add that you can't fish while surfing using Sharpedo. Not sure about the others though, but a regular "generic" surf can fish.

wiibomb

The day before yesterday I got a shiny pelipper and I was pretty mad about it, I hate pelippers, but yesterday at night I got a shiny electrike, even managed to capture it in a premier ball, so everything is good now :)

emb

Man this Latias reset. I don't have the patience for this level of reset. I've only done it 3 or 4 times and I'm already sick of it.

3zAi4Lk.png

My team. I transfered in Lopunny, Tirtouga, Inkay, Ralts, and Celebi after getting the dex.

Figured I'd never use the Lvl 10 Celebi from pokemon bank any other way. The Inkay was a shiny with 2 perfect IVs that I bread a long time ago. Tirtuga was 5 IV (imperfect) that was gifted to me. Ratlz and Lopunny were bred by me for ORAS. Both perfect IVs.

Over all Tirtouga was a beast. He had great resistance for a lot of the gyms.

Contrary on Inkay/Malamar is fucking amazing. AI constantly giving me buffs + super power.

All my mons were great though.

emb

Could be worse - my friend's only shiny is a Seel.

Normal Seel:
Spr_5b_086.png

Shiny Seel:
Spr_5b_086_s.png
I never knew anyone who got one, but another annoying shiny:
445.png

445.png

Awful.

As for me, my first random shiny was a Bidoof. I think that's a fair bit worse than Zigzagoon. <.<

My friend had been telling me how he avoided EV training in that first section in D/P because he was afraid of accidentally finding a shiny Bidoof. I laughed at him, then fate laughed at me.

Linius

3zAi4Lk.png

My team. I transfered in Lopunny, Tirtouga, Inkay, Ralts, and Celebi after getting the dex.

Figured I'd never use the Lvl 10 Celebi from pokemon bank any other way. The Inkay was a shiny with 2 perfect IVs that I bread a long time ago. Tirtuga was 5 IV (imperfect) that was gifted to me. Ratlz and Lopunny were bred by me for ORAS. Both perfect IVs.

Over all Tirtouga was a beast. He had great resistance for a lot of the gyms.

Contrary on Inkay/Malamar is fucking amazing. AI constantly giving me buffs + super power.

All my mons were great though.

How soon can you transfer Pokémon? I supposed that was after beating the Elite Four normally?

Top Bottom