• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

I don't believe the Diancie is shiny. I think the big question here is are you just wanting them redeemed, or do you want specific nature/IV breakdown of your Pokemon?

I could care less about the stats, I just want them in my party. :3

Here's the pics for my previous post:

ET1.jpg

ET2.jpg

So that's what it looks like when you get it. Did you get a street pass notification in the OS, like is there the green dot on the game letting you know that you've street passed someone with the game?

Muku

I could help you with the Gengar, as I haven't claimed any of them on either X or Y. Sadly though have already claimed a Diancie on both X and Y for friends.

On a side note: How do Vivillon work in ORAS? I set my 3DS region to somewhere other than Sandstorm. Wanted to test it since not in a place in ORAS yet that I can do so with that I traded an egg from Y (with Sandstorm set as original region). Had it hatch in ORAS, and because I'm in lamest part of the game (the Lava town where you have no access to grass areas after you've fallen down.. and you can go back down but you'd have to go all around again) I couldn't hatch it myself. So, traded it back to Y, and it just came out Sandstorm. I need to figure the Vivillon thing out on ORAS before I go further.

Yep, there'll be a green dot whenever you streetpass somebody.

It feels so good when that green dot leads to the Eon Ticket when you aren't expecting it, either.

Besides Surf, Waterfall and Dive, are there any other required HMs?

Isn't it pretty much all of them? Rocks you push with Strength stay pushed, but as long as trees and smashable rocks keep growing back as soon as you leave the area you're always going to need Cut and Rock Smash.

Berordn

Isn't it pretty much all of them? Rocks you push with Strength stay pushed, but as long as trees and smashable rocks keep growing back as soon as you leave the area you're always going to need Cut and Rock Smash.

Not all of the rocks have holes to go with them, tragically. If you're backtracking in places where you needed strength you probably still need it.

Thank you very much Muku for helping facilitate trade for my Shiny Gengar code. :)

Does anyone else here have a version of XY they could redeem a Diancie code on and then trade it to the me? :3

Muku

Thank you very much Muku for helping facilitate trade for my Shiny Gengar code. :)

Does anyone else here have a version of XY they could redeem a Diancie code on and then trade it to the me? :3

You're welcome. :) Glad to be able to help when and where I can.

This is a little annoying. I set up my secret base easy enough, created the QR code easy enough, saw street pass is part of getting secret bases (fuck that), use my 3DS camera to scan other players QR codes from their 3DS (fuck that, I'm the only person I know with a 3DS), go to PGL site to add there (little annoyed, why couldn't there be a add on feature in game but whatever) goes to the site and I'm still trying to figure out how to add people to my secret base.

Edit: figured it out, fucking stupid idea GameFreak. I don't want to stop playing the game I bought to go to your site to do shit or figure shit out.
just like Bungie dumb ass Grimoire idea.

I imagine it would, since you can battle and trade across the games.

Hmm yeah I guess that makes sense, I derped a bit there. I also wondered because I have multiple friends on my 3DS that played X/Y but not OR/AS yet and my ingame PPS Friend section is empty :(

Yeah. I always buy my physical games online so, I'm always LTTP because I'm too cheap to pay for express shipping and I'm usually fine with standard shipping being quick enough (usually 3-business days). This time, Canada-Post fucked up and delivered it 2 days later than it should have. I even thought they lost it and contacted Amazon about it. They prepared another one for me. MINUTES later, Canada-Post updated the tracking for the first time since it got out of Mississauga: Out for delivery. Finger, Canada Post. Obviously cancelled the Amazon replacement as soon as I found out.

/rant

Anyway, I found a Lv.15 Slakoth with Adament Nature. It has Feint Attack early and has egg move Crush Claw. 75 power move this early is awesome. My Mudkip was only Lv.12 when I captured I totally took advantages of Truant to Growl and Mud-Slap it to nothing. Hahahaha.

Ugh I see, that's something real unfortunate, damn :/ That's another reason why I also try to get something retail when there's no downside to it. Shipping services really need to step it up when it comes to status information as they are the only thing that can help any customer take action when needed. I had the same happen to me with another game on Amazon, the post service apparently wrote a wrong city-code for my package so it took two days longer than it should aswell. Glad that everything worked out fine in the end though even if late! :)

And whoa nice catch there, one of better feelings to actually have to make use of all attacks against a wild Pokémon :D The only notable thing I got so far is a Poochyena that knows Ice Fang on Level 5 :p

one_kill

Started a new game! I brought over some eggs I bred in XY so I can have a good team. Nothing serious or anything, I just disliked the team I had in my initial save.

According to the Nintendo Australia FB page, Nintendo reps will be handing them out at noon on Monday (Dec 1st) at those locations. But if you're unable to go, anyone who got one will be able to share them via streetpass.
Oh, I was going to go first thing in the morning. Lucky I don't have anything that day. Might take my wife out on a date and stop by when they're handing it out

btw, does anyone know how far I have to play to access the street pass functionality? I want to play Smash today, but I at least want to reach that point before I go for the Eon Ticket on Monday

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Still looking for a Shiny Lunatone/Nosepass; have other shinies to trade.
btw, does anyone know how far I have to play to access the street pass functionality? I want to play Smash today, but I at least want to reach that point before I go for the Eon Ticket on Monday
After you meet the President of the Devon Corporation.

entremet

Quick help for the main story:

I'm at Slateport after beating Brawny, but I don't know what to do to trigger the next sequence? I also delivered the parts to Steve Stone. I see Team Aqua blocking sections--a Museum and a route. How do I proceed? I've talked to everyone.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Quick help for the main story:

I'm at Slateport after beating Brawny, but I don't know what to do to trigger the next sequence? I also delivered the parts to Steve Stone. I see Team Aqua blocking sections--a Museum and a route. How do I proceed? I've talked to everyone.
There is a large building south of the museum, go in.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Hmm...so what's the go-to pokemon for rare stuff this on the GTS this time around? I should probably start looking if I'm going to get the '3rd' of each rare trilogy.

Also, does the dex-nav 'counter' work like chain-encounters in that you have to 'reset' if you start getting something else in the dexnav, or is it a permanent 'how many you've viewed' in terms of finding a 3IV.

TheMink

That egg the old lady gives you, it does hatch eventually right? :p

I cant even remember what it is, the suspense is killing me.

I like how quickly trainers are ready for rematches already.

I could go back to the city and come back to the route to find them all ready for me to beat them up again.

Forkball

If I were to buy a Pokemon game for my 3DSXL, should it be Omega/Ruby or X/Y?

I would get XY. I'm only at the third gym or so in ORAS (went through Sapphire over a decade ago), but XY's story, map, and Pokemon selection is far superior. There are some good additions to ORAS, but I still feel at this point that XY is the much better game.

Busaiku

I would get XY. I'm only at the third gym or so in ORAS (went through Sapphire over a decade ago), but XY's story, map, and Pokemon selection is far superior. There are some good additions to ORAS, but I still feel at this point that XY is the much better game.

Personally, I felt so too for a long while.
But then you catch Kyogre and the real game begins.

Moonlight

Banned
DexNav is one of the most inspired additions to a Pokemon game I've seen in a long-ass time. It's so damn useful, and for the first time in a long-time, my party is populated with just about every unique Pokemon I've tripped across. This is exactly what they needed to add to make catching feel way more snappy and satisfying.

I'm gonna miss it when it's inexplicably absent from the next game.

Cerity

DexNav is one of the most inspired additions to a Pokemon game I've seen in a long-ass time. It's so damn useful, and for the first time in a long-time, my party is populated with just about every unique Pokemon I've tripped across. This is exactly what they needed to add to make catching feel way more snappy and satisfying.

Yep, it makes me wish I used it more during my playthrough now that I know how to use it.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Lmao. I didn't realize you can specifically look for a pokemon with dexnav after you've seen it the first time.] by clicking on it in the dexnav screen.

So in case anyone else is confused, there's that.

Yeah, if they don't have this in the next one, it's going to be really, really sad.

Top Bottom