• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Any idea of how to access the 'unlock' machine for the secret bases?

I want to utilize the blissey method, but can't access the machine. Do I need to beat Delta Episode as well?

15717557559_0d2db2a206_c.jpg

Xenoflare

Um sorry for asking this since X/Y is my first pokemon game (I'm serious)

Compared to X/Y, I don't feel ORAS is as lively as the former, I just wrapped up my first gym battle and the cityscape looks all same-y to me... X/Y's city had much more personality in them.

Am I judging it too quickly?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

Compared to X/Y, I don't feel ORAS is as lively as the former, I just wrapped up my first gym battle and the cityscape looks all same-y to me... X/Y's city had much more personality in them.

Yes, Rustboro is like that because it serves as an environment where you and your rival are unfamiliar with - city-ish.

JoeM86

Na not too quickly. They did make some changes to other cities to make them unique, but they kept true to the originals meaning many are just plain.

Azuran

Banned

ORAS is awesome, but lord, Hoenn is such a boring ass region. Is full of useless towns like Verdanturf, their designs are boring with no life, and there's too much surfing for it's own good. X/Y were way better when it came to the overall region.

So no, you're not judging too quickly. This is a remake of a GBA game after all. Thankfully, the rest of the game makes up for it.

I almost thought about SRing for a Castform. But then I thought better and said to myself "C'mon, it is a Castform." Plus I wouldn't see it being shiny most of the time, anyway.

Just about to hit the 4th gym. My god I did not think a Pokemon game could get easier than X/Y. But GF proved me wrong...

Still enjoying the hell out of it though. :D
What are you doing to make it not easy. Have you turned off EXP share? Are you intentionally using a bad team? I know in my proper play through I'll use a not fully evolved team (this essentially acts a level handicap) but even then I'm, stuck in situations such as Kadabra is way too good but Kirlia is way too bad.

2. Does GAF have a friend code document going for safari? I remember the one for X/Y and really liked it.
There is no friend safari in ORAS (Dexnav more than makes up for it though). I'm still trying to find out if an ORAS game can unlock the third Pokemon in the safari for an XY player or not. It also looks like you can use friends as NPCs in Battle Maison.

Random question out of technical curiosity, I noticed the OR/AS PPS shows X/Y players naturally, is the same true vice-versa? :eek:
On XY the ORAS players appear the default Serena and Callum (so any XY players who have noticed a surge of these should understand now). Real disappointing as they could have added the icons to version 1.3

Hey guys. Anyone have a good 5-6 IV Ditto they would be willing to part with? I can give you my club Nintendo code, or masterball, or one of the legendaries if you like.
If you have a gamefaqs account fill in the google form you'll find in this topic (remember to read what it wants you to do) and post in that thread.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000465-pokemon-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire-trading/70673321

Kinokou

Oh yes, it is absolutely beast. So spectacularly broken for the early game...

Imagine if it was affected by guts!

You will encounter at least two very unique towns later on, I remember them wowing me as a kid so I can't wait to see them again.

Edit: the more I look at it the more I find...

Why does Dunsparce have legs?! Samme for Horsea and Sunkern. It hurts my eyes.

Ragus

Banned
DexNav is great, one question though:

On route 103, I've caught Zigzagoon and Poochyena. They both show on DexNav, yet there seems to be more pokemon to be caught there. Do pokemon which are in the water also count?

Muku

Okay, this Vivillon thing is most interesting. My Alpha Sapphire is set for Icy Snow Vivillon pattern. My copy of Y is Sandstorm.

- Brought an egg over from Y to AS. Got it to hatch. Swapped it back over to Y. It hatched as Sandstorm even though it was born in AS. In X/Y, if you had an egg and it hatched, it would have your games region wing pattern, correct?

- Brought over a second egg thinking I was going bonkers, since I did it earlier in day, and I was a bit rushed at time. Same result. Hatched in AS where it should have taken on the Icy Snow pattern when I swapped it back to Y. In Y it remained Sandstorm.

- Male I got from previous attempt, I bred him a mate on Y. Hatched her in Y, then brought her to AS. Matched them up at Day Care center for one egg, then put them back in PC. Hatched egg, leveled it to 12, and it came out Icy Snow.

Did they change something here? I know if you got a Scatterbug already out of egg, it would continue it's lineage of taking on wings from where it was born. But now eggs are marked with the region too?

Glad to at least have confirmed it now. I was willing to start over if it didn't come out as Icy.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

On route 103, I've caught Zigzagoon and Poochyena. They both show on DexNav, yet there seems to be more pokemon to be caught there. Do pokemon which are in the water also count?
Wingull?

ivysaur12

Banned
I do think that more Mauville-style revisions of some of the cities would've been nice, since only Fortree and Sootopolis really stand out. Not saying that Lilycove needed to be a a Castelia/Lumoise type city, but something more would've been nice, if just for variety's sake.

Ah Latios resetting sure is a chore, made worse when I can't beat the grunts in one turn (unless all the AI cooperates). I also get the thing of it nearly always having 31 in attack. I wonder if that is just down to how it rolls perfect IVs.

There, now I've complained to GAF, I should get better results :)
edit: IVs: 31 / 17-19 / 27-29 / 31 / 20-23 / 31. More SpD would have been nice but I've reached my limit (and I can always try again on play through 2).

In more positive news, I never noticed Shedinja inherited PokéAmie progress...and the poor thing can't eat Poképuffs :(

Okay, this Vivillon thing is most interesting. My Alpha Sapphire is set for Icy Snow Vivillon pattern. My copy of Y is Sandstorm.

Did they change something here? I know if you got a Scatterbug already out of egg, it would continue it's lineage of taking on wings from where it was born. But now eggs are marked with the region too?

Glad to at least have confirmed it now. I was willing to start over if it didn't come out as Icy.
Thanks for looking into this (as you can see form the above I'm at a bad point to check). Maybe it was always was set at egg creation. Taking an Icy Snow egg and trying that in Y would verify. Looks like the moral is anyone after after easy patterns should use Kalos (early access to wild ones).

I guess formes being set upon egg creation makes sense though as it consistent with all the other ones now.

If you have a bronze medal you have everything in the grass.

How far in will I till I can catch a Pikachu?
Safari Zone but you do get the Cosplay Pikachu after entering a contest for the first time.

On XY the ORAS players appear the default Serena and Callum (so any XY players who have noticed a surge of these should understand now). Real disappointing as they could have added the icons to version 1.3

Ah I see thanks for the explanation and yeah that's a real bummer. I mean I'm happy we have X/Y connectivity at all but GameFreak really went barebones here, especially now that they can patch games :/ I get they want people to buy OR/AS but I seriously doubt that a bit better connectivity would have caused people to just stick to X/Y full time and it would have created quite a bit good will with players.

Muku

Does sharpedo surf that fast? Does that means that surfing on a greninja is even faster?

Is there a bonus to surfing on Greninja at all? I just got Surf a few minutes ago.. and this Sharpedo is a boss. Going to have to get ones for my OR that is on it's way. I can't surf any other way now and it may make the water in this game a lot more doable.

Are there any legendaries that are shiny locked? Just got to Latias and going to be trying. We'll see how this turns out... Also, is there a point that is good to save before it all? I saved in town at PC, but it's so far. Guess I'm not sure when it generates Latias. Also curious, if anyone has gotten a shiny one, is it shown when you walk up to it (color swap) or something you find out after you have it in your party? ( I assume the latter.)

one_kill

I bought over eggs after starting a new game. I didn't realise I bred a lot of fighting type Pokemon. I swapped out two for a Boomburst Taillow and a Ralts. I need another, but I'm feeling a lot better with my new team.

jelmerjt

At what point can I get a Destiny Knot from that couple? They won't give it to me :(

LOL never mind. Girl just gave me the Destiny Knot :D

Griss

Just started the game half an hour or so ago. I'm surprised - it really shows its GBA origins compared to X/Y. The towns, in particular, are really ugly. I thought they'd go to town (sorry) and totally redesign them but it looks like this is going to be a more strict remake than I was expecting. Menu design has also taken a step backwards, visually. Oh well, it's just the very start and these are tiny quibbles.

Love the DexNav idea, though. That was something I wanted them to do for years and years. First had that idea when playing Diamond / Pearl of something that tracks which pokemon you've seen on which route and how many times, and allows you to find it again. Funny to see GF come up with the same thing.

I remember Emerald being really boring to me so I'm going full Nuzlocke on this one for my first time ever. Hopefully that introduces some excitement.

Hey guys, posted here the other day and was very kindly helped out in getting one of my perfect IV eggs from Pokemon Y to Omega Ruby as Pokemon Bank doesn't let you store eggs.

Anyways, I have another one that I need transferred over and if one of y'all would be so kind that'd be very much appreciated! There's an original Ruby and Sapphire Eon Ticket event Shiny Latias or a FireRed LeafGreen event Deoxys (your choice which) in it for you so it'll be worth your while.

All you need to do is trade me anything (can be something you just caught) for the egg from my Y game, and trade it back to my Omega Ruby game (at which point I'll swap you the Latias/Deoxys for it)

First to quote gets it, thanks! (People available to help immediately only please)

Yrael

Hey guys, posted here the other day and was very kindly helped out in getting one of my perfect IV eggs from Pokemon Y to Omega Ruby as Pokemon Bank doesn't let you store eggs.

Anyways, I have another one that I need transferred over and if one of y'all would be so kind that'd be very much appreciated! There's an original Ruby and Sapphire Eon Ticket event Shiny Latias or a FireRed LeafGreen event Deoxys (your choice which) in it for you so it'll be worth your while.

All you need to do is trade me anything (can be something you just caught) for the egg from my Y game, and trade it back to my Omega Ruby game (at which point I'll swap you the Latias/Deoxys for it)

First to quote gets it, thanks! (People available to help immediately only please)

I'm available to help, will PM you my FC.

Muku

Wait, is Lati@s where you auto get it as part of story shiny locked?

Edit: Will leave this here overnight and hope for some insight. In mean time, have a non-shiny one I'll keep in sleep mode if the story one is locked.

24-26 / 14-16 / 30-31 / 30-31 / 31 / 30-31

Muku

Nope, apparently not shiny locked. The only legendaries that are still in doubt at this stage are Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza and Deoxys.

Well snap, thank you. Got a nice one here just now, but think I'll keep going then for a shiny. I read EON one wasn't but wasn't sure about the story obtained one.

Edit: All this dialogue, OMG. Makes me want to cry.

Busaiku

Man, nobody I Streetpass even has Streetpass for this game...
Eon Ticket seems more and more unlikely...
Actually, now you mention it, what does the star potential mean really?

Each star indicates that it will have a minimum of 31 IVs in any stat.

Actually, now you mention it, what does the star potential mean really?
For each star it has a stat with 31 IV. So my Nincada has two 31 IVs.

Just checked:
31/31/20-25/13-17/13-17/15-19

P.cool for an in-game Pokemon. Think I found my first member (or members when it evolves lol)

Final Gambit Shedinja yo

Muku

Man, nobody I Streetpass even has Streetpass for this game...
Eon Ticket seems more and more unlikely...

Each star indicates that it will have a minimum of 31 IVs in any stat.

Ah, fantastic, thank you. Kind of makes me kick myself for passing on the 3 star Poochyena the other day, but at same time just as well.

And lord, I'm never going to progress in this game. SRing for shiny legendaries is going to be too addicting.

Top Bottom