• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Espada

Dexnav is such an amazing feature, I already miss it in the next game ;_;

Considering it takes heavily from the Pokeradar and chaining from DPPt, I wouldn't be surprised if it returns. It functions the same way (allows you to go to old locations and find new pokemon).

That said, I love its execution. It's addictive as hell, and I've found myself hunting my favorites like Clauncher and Heracross in order to get ones with the right ability, move or high IV potential. Man, there was a 3 IV Clauncher that gave me ~5 seconds to reach it before it disappeared.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Considering it takes heavily from the Pokeradar and chaining from DPPt, I wouldn't be surprised if it returns. It functions the same way (allows you to go to old locations and find new pokemon).

That said, I love its execution. It's addictive as hell, and I've found myself hunting my favorites like Clauncher and Heracross in order to get ones with the right ability, move or high IV potential. Man, there was a 3 IV Clauncher that gave me ~5 seconds to reach it before it disappeared.

I hope you're right, it's just too awesome to lose. I hope they bundle it with aime and super training for the next release.

Should reach 300 flags today. I didn't start getting flags until like Monday so I think I'm going at a good pace.

I want Platinum already, though. :(

So for you guys trying for competitive mirage pokemon I have a question for the ages. Would you reset a shiny one if the stats were bad?

Espada

I hope you're right, it's just too awesome to lose. I hope they bundle it with aime and super training for the next release.

Oh yeah, DexNav is excellent and I'd love to see a more robust version of it in following games. I just really like how they broke with tradition and gave us the National Dex before defeating the Champion. It's little things like that, being able to fly to routes, soaring, dexnav, etc... that really make this game shine over X/Y.

So for you guys trying for competitive mirage pokemon I have a question for the ages. Would you reset a shiny one if the stats were bad?
I have a Powersaves I use for save back-ups and egg deletion. What I do is make a save back-up right in front of legendaries so I can SR whenever I wish. So what I would do is take the shiny, put it in the Bank, and then roll back my save to continue SRing.

Varion

Eon ticket get! Glad it isn't region locked considering I'm in the UK with a Japanese copy of the game.

Time to start endlessly resetting for good IVs (given up on getting a shiny before I even start).

Camisado

So I've been playing through this since picking it up yesterday, just got my bike and finished the 3rd gym. It does seem to me that this is purely a Ruby/Sapphire remake and that they haven't taken any of the updates they made in Emerald into account. Seems a bit odd to me why you would do that but I'm enjoying it still!

Shame about a serious lack of Fire Pokémon, I don't remember it being such a problem playing the it the first time round, I guess rose tinted glasses and all that...

Panzon

Finished catching all the legendaries. Would've been done a few days ago but kept forgettinf that Regigigas can o ly be caught in the day.

Time to finally dive in to episode Delta and then go for a shiny charm

Lebon14

Rock Smash.

You mean Strength.

you need both!

hooray!

Isn't it pretty much all of them? Rocks you push with Strength stay pushed, but as long as trees and smashable rocks keep growing back as soon as you leave the area you're always going to need Cut and Rock Smash.

Just like the original game so they didn't find workarounds for Cut, Strength and Rock Smash. Can't wait to have slaves in my party. -_____-

Well, I thought they'd rethink about those shitty HMs. Well, Strength isn't bad but Urgh.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Just like the original game so they didn't find workarounds for Cut, Strength and Rock Smash. Can't wait to have slaves in my party. -_____-

Well, I thought they'd rethink about those shitty HMs. Well, Strength isn't bad but Urgh.
Dude, you don't need Cut,

Azuran

Banned

Well, why would you want poor Bibarel to be out of a job?

DedValve

Banned
whats the difference between silver and gold flags in dexnav? I hit them both and they say the same thing that I caught all pokemon.

just bring the slave when you need it and rotate your 5 around a bit. you'll be swimming in xp with the xpshare on anyhow.

In other news, beat the game during my post-thanksgiving travel. Very impressed overall. First time since emerald or platinum where i felt like the badass pokemon trainer my character is. Helps that i used some of my favourite pokemon.

Ended with this team of 5:
Spinda
Azumarill
OP as shit
Ninetails
Froslass
Sceptile

Kinokou

Hey a question about Pokemon bank: can I get it and connect my Y and AS even if I forgot and I'm unable to retrieve my global link account information for Y?

Just DexNav'd a Ralts (Looking for a Timid Synchronizer, need it for Latias) that has Synchronoise.

...I don't even know what attack that is.

Growlie19

Just DexNav'd a Ralts (Looking for a Timid Synchronizer, need it for Latias) that has Synchronoise.

...I don't even know what attack that is.

A powerful Psychic attack that only hits Pokémon of the user's type. Have fun only hitting Psychic and Fairy types! (Or fighting if you're going the Gallade route)

Trying to complete the dex now. Only 90-ish to go.

I absolutely love DexNav for bringing back the sense of wonder and excitement in finding wild Pokemon. I'm actually taking my time with the game instead of just blazing through it because I just want to keep on catching and using the good Pokemon.

I love that.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I think I might try and have a secondary team dedicated to the Contests...now to figure out which Pokemon learn a decent amount of moves for each type...

I absolutely love DexNav for bringing back the sense of wonder and excitement in finding wild Pokemon. I'm actually taking my time with the game instead of just blazing through it because I just want to keep on catching and using the good Pokemon.

I love that.

The funny thing is, I probably won't even use most of them, but just seeing a Pokemon with an attack it wouldn't normally have outside of breeding is pretty damn enticing.

"Oh shit, a Surskit with Psybeam? Gotta get that."
"Okay, I don't need another Nicada. Oh wait, it has Final Gambit? Well I guess..."

Chille

Man I feel bad, I was using wonder trade to get rid of some old pokemon that I had spare of in the box, and I got a Kyurem for a Sandshrew, should I try to track the owner down to send it back? or keep it.

B3obN19CIAAwvQo.jpg:large

todd360

I don't even feel like taking my 3ds with me in the hopes of getting an eon ticket. The chances of running into someone who has it and also has there 3ds shut has got to be slim to none in a rural area.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Man I feel bad, I was using wonder trade to get rid of some old pokemon that I had spare of in the box, and I got a Kyurem for a Sandshrew, should I try to track the owner down to send it back? or keep it.
They'd be in your acquaintances, keep it, but give them a NICE!

People put legendaries in WT all the time. In many cases, it's people who feel that if WT kept sending garbage then no one would use it.

Also in 99% of cases, those who put legendaries in WT have the means to get said legendaries back easily.

Azuran

Banned

Keep it or trade it back on WT. If he was wonder trading a legendary, then he obviously didn't want to keep it.

Chille

They'd be in your acquaintances, keep it, but give them a NICE!

I will do :D
People put legendaries in WT all the time. In many cases, it's people who feel that if WT kept sending garbage then no one would use it.

Also in 99% of cases, those who put legendaries in WT have the means to get said legendaries back easily.

Thank you both.

I shall keep him and when I can use him, he will be loved! or she, you dont know with legendaries lol

Wow silver rank for secret base is actually nice.

Warp panels and a jukebox to change the music in the base. Vending machine selling soda pop is cool too. All in the base shop

Wow silver rank for secret base is actually nice.

Warp panels and a jukebox to change the music in the base. Vending machine selling soda pop is cool too. All in the base shop
Heh
Is the vending machine a rip-off like the ones at the Mt. Chimney cable car? (I assume other vending machines in-game vary in price too)

So is it possible to 'farm' flags by changing the clock, or are flags included in the things that are delayed 24 hours whenever the clock is changed?

Acrylic7

Had this game sitting around for a few days and forgtot about it -_-.

My passion for Pokemon fades with every installment.

entremet

So you need to have StreetPass enabled to get the Eon Ticket?

I say this because it would dumb since you have to turn on SP for ORAS.

It's not the default!

So I could imagine many people just forget to turn it on. Limiting the viral nature of the Eon Ticket.

If so, Nintendo really messed up.

Top Bottom