• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Busaiku

I've heard a few people say this. Was Pokemon ORAS the top-left icon on the streetpass management? For some reason that slot is bugged when you use Nintendo zones and it will never receive passes from them....maybe deleting everything but that kicks it into action (personally I use 3DS sound as a sacrifice to end up in that slot here the main menu on it has the enable/disable setting).

Are you freaking serious.
How do I reorder it.

MattyG

Banned
Please tell me that that black cloud isn't
a legendary Pokemon dispenser. My favorite part of the postgame was always searching for the legendary Pokemon's lairs. Now I just fly up to something and it spits one out?

Oh nevermind, it's just for the
cloud legendaries apparently? The rest mostly still use the Eon Flute though?

Tidd

Does the game save after the Delta Episode or would a reset bring me back to my last save? (which would be right before Rayquaza) It's hard to check his stats with just the information the fight screen gives you. <.<

Zenaku

Does the game save after the Delta Episode or would a reset bring me back to my last save? (which would be right before Rayquaza) It's hard to check his stats with just the information the fight screen gives you. <.<

If you're aiming for a specific nature, just find out what the max stat would be in each stat for that nature, and you'll be able to determine the nature and max IV's fine.

I was aiming for a Jolly nature, so max speed was 174, max sp attack was 212 and max attack was 236, etc. If a stat was higher than it should've been I'd know I had the wrong nature.

Failing that, no, the game doesn't save, but it'll be a long wait to get through all the cutscenes.

Anyway, been breeding Mimiroll/Buneary and got my first 6 IV Pokemon ever. And it was male... Oh well, time to swap it with its 4 IV father and hope it'll give me a 5 IV female with its mother. Or a 6IV female, if I'm lucky.

lol. I see a whole bunch of people on friends in the game with different names than in XY. Luckily it shows the friend codes so I can just do some basic investigation work.
Yeah, it's nice they show FCs now. :)

Never again will I have to go, "Wait, I'm trading this shiny to the right John, right?"

Tidd

If you're aiming for a specific nature, just find out what the max stat would be in each stat for that nature, and you'll be able to determine the nature and max IV's fine.

I was aiming for a Jolly nature, so max speed was 274, max sp attack was 212 and max attack was 236, etc. If a stat was higher than it should've been I'd know I had the wrong nature.

Failing that, no, the game doesn't save, but it'll be a long wait to get through all the cutscenes.

Thank you, guys. This will help a lot.

Caladrius

So, can I kill Groudon and try again later for better stats? I want to rush to get to
Deoxys

Yes.

You can do that for Deoxys as well. KO it, beat the E4 rematch, go to Sky Pillar again.

In fact you should do it because there's a bunch of long-ass cutscenes before and after Groudon/Kyogre and Deoxys.

Yes.

You can do that for Deoxys as well. KO it, beat the E4 rematch, go to Sky Pillar again.

In fact you should do it because there's a bunch of long-ass cutscenes before and after Groudon/Kyogre and Deoxys.

Thanks, I'll do that.

How can I change my persona to be not old man :p

There is a pokemon ranger on the secret base headquarters.

But old man is awesome, I changed my pokemon ranger to him.

Hey little guy!
B3pPY3CIMAEULCu.jpg

This took me an exact chain of TEN

Gt3ge6h.png

I knew I was gonna be greatly under leveled before heading off to Victory Road, so I went ahead and used xp share against my wishes, but whatever, I was still under leveled.

Once I finish ED I'm gonna start doing some online battles, curious to see how much it changed from XY

Gah.
I haven't even touched PQ yet because of this game.. imagine if the next Pokemon game released around the same time as Persona 5...!!

I was worried that I was going to miss PQ, I skipped it because of the 49.99 price tag, but ORAS filled my timed nicely, even Smash is on the sidelines.

Velcro Fly

Absol is a beast. Got the ability that ups criticals and a few moves that also crit more so I'm hoping that stacks.

Also finally got Breloom!

Leveling Shuppet now to be my final party members.

MattyG

Banned
I know it's a bit early, but I'm about to hit the EV and was thinking, what are we gonna get next year? XY2? A new region? Nothing? I know that it won't be a Shinnoh return yet, that will probably be the next remake, and I can't see them having a new region already, so I'm leaning towards XY2.

I know it's a bit early, but I'm about to hit the EV and was thinking, what are we gonna get next year? XY2? A new region? Nothing? I know that it won't be a Shinnoh return yet, that will probably be the next remake, and I can't see them having a new region already, so I'm leaning towards XY2.

I think Z is more likely than a XY2, but we'll see. Either way that's coming out either next fall or the spring after that.

XY2, probably. But I wish we got something different, like a Colosseum / Gale of Darkness compilation - remake for the N3DS.

Anyone know the easiest way to win contests? Aside from the obvious feed your pokemon pokeblocks.

if it's anything like the originals, max their stats, get atleast 1 attack combo that nets you a ton of points, and then get good RNG. winning every contest with the same pokemon comes down to their move pool more than anything else.

if it's anything like the originals, max their stats, get atleast 1 attack combo that nets you a ton of points, and then get good RNG. winning every contest with the same pokemon comes down to their move pool more than anything else.

Well. time to work on those combo setups. Cause I want that contest star ribbon. Having a new entry effect that is not shiny on my pokemon is the greatest thing ever.

Velcro Fly

Ugh Banette gets a Mega and has good attack stat but shitty movepool for physical attacks.

I don't even need this thing. Absol can cover dark and ghost attacks =/

Grexeno

Ugh Banette gets a Mega and has good attack stat but shitty movepool for physical attacks.

I don't even need this thing. Absol can cover dark and ghost attacks =/
Yeah, I wanted to use Banette for my team, but then I looked at the movepool and I was like ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

XY2/Z and maybe a Kanto remake/sequel in 2016. (Would love a sequel with a timeskipped Kanto)

Stuart444

So Just started the game. That opening after you 'Begin game'... is awesome.

Excited to start playing through this again. Quick question, is a lot of the route through the story mostly the same or will knowledge of the originals not be as handy?

Still the start of the game has me smiling :D

Velcro Fly

Yeah, I wanted to use Banette for my team, but then I looked at the movepool and I was like ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I need a poison or steel type to defend against Fairy. Getting wrecked by a level 40 Gardy in a secret base =/

Think I may just shift gears and use Glalie. Banette is cool but Absol is too much to hold back.

Velcro Fly

I'd take a Gen 1 remake. Game needs to be played again with the Physical/Special split. It's the only Gen you can't play on a 3DS too now.

MattyG

Banned
Professor Oak...Gary Oak.

Then Elite 4...Normal Master Joey. With a Mega Raticate >_>
Oh lawd yes please.

I was just reading some stuff on R/B/FR/LG and realized that 2016 will be Red and Blue's 20th anniversary. All jokeing aside, I wouldn't doubt if we see a Kanto remake, honestly. I'd love it, but I really hope if they do it they don't get rid of the Sevii Islands. I used to love FR/LG's postgame.

Crosseyes

Banned
So me and my girlfriend just started playing, me on ruby her on sapphire and almost immediately with the poke-radar thing she found a Taillow with Boomblast, a 140 power move, at level 9. Is... that normal? Or by some stretch of dumb luck am I going to be taking a lot of losses as we battle a lot going through the first few gyms?

Top Bottom