• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I finally decided to try Homepass in order to receive the Eon Ticket, and fortunately it worked. I had to disable Streetpass for every game except Alpha Sapphire in the console settings, as the first time it found data for every other title but this one. To be honest, I didn't think it'd work (or, actually, that I'd be able to make it work).

Now I'm cycling all the MAC addresses, in order to get more hits for those other games and the Mii Plaza. Latios can wait :p

one_kill

So you need to have StreetPass enabled to get the Eon Ticket?

I say this because it would dumb since you have to turn on SP for ORAS.

It's not the default!

So I could imagine many people just forget to turn it on. Limiting the viral nature of the Eon Ticket.

If so, Nintendo really messed up.
The game lines it up for you though with the Devon Parts sequence. Also, who can resist looking at the new thing they get after meeting with the Devon Corp.'s president? Upon opening it, you're asked if you want to activate StreetPass.

Other games also require you to activate it.

Of course, it'd be better if we could just go to the options and activate it, but it's far from "really messed up".

Busaiku

It's not the default!

So I could imagine many people just forget to turn it on. Limiting the viral nature of the Eon Ticket.

Yup, absolutely awful.

Linius

The game lines it up for you though with the Devon Parts sequence. Also, who can resist looking at the new thing they get after meeting with the Devon Corp.'s president? Upon opening it, you're asked if you want to activate StreetPass.

Of course, it'd be better if we could just go to the options and activate it, but it's far from "really messed up".

Fantasy Life screwed streetpass up. There you have to turn it on in the game at a guild office. But it's not really advertised in the game so a lot of people I come by who apparently played Fantasy Life don't even have Streetpass on.

Griss

Welp, lost my first pokemon to a critical hit in a Nuzlocke run. Damn, this certainly makes the game more interesting!

Luckily it was a Poochyena, which I used in my team in Emerald many moons ago. Since I don't want to end up with the same team I don't mind at all. If Nigel the Mudkip dies, though... I don't even want to think about it.

If it all goes horribly pear-shaped I have a set of pentaperfect Kanto starters I can bring in from X, so I guess I have a safety net.

It's not the default!

At least it's not the only way to get the Lati@s from the other game. Never underestimate how easy it is to trade for these in 6th gen.

Linius

Well I just got past the part where I can activate streetpass. But I'll go get the Eon Ticket from an event anyways. Then I can also pass it on to a dude from school.

It's not the default!

You have to turn on streetpass for anything. Personally I think this is a lot better than a poorly advertised, time limited, serial code exclusive to a store which you don't have one for several miles.

I finally decided to try Homepass in order to receive the Eon Ticket, and fortunately it worked. I had to disable Streetpass for every game except Alpha Sapphire in the console settings, as the first time it found data for every other title but this one. To be honest, I didn't think it'd work (or, actually, that I'd be able to make it work).

Now I'm cycling all the MAC addresses, in order to get more hits for those other games and the Mii Plaza. Latios can wait :p
I've heard a few people say this. Was Pokemon ORAS the top-left icon on the streetpass management? For some reason that slot is bugged when you use Nintendo zones and it will never receive passes from them....maybe deleting everything but that kicks it into action (personally I use 3DS sound as a sacrifice to end up in that slot here the main menu on it has the enable/disable setting).

BasilZero

Playing Pokemon Omega Ruby for the first time :)

Really excited!

Pokemon Link being a once a day thing is a bit uhh...ok xD.

Anyways dat Littleroot Town theme........dem feels.

Is there a video tutorial?

Koren

The game is really nice, for someone like me that still has to play X / Y.

It's awfully too easy, though, even with multi-exp off (at least till 4th gym, and I never played ruby/sapphire before)

Streetpass is opt-in because you may be sharing personal information.
I'm fine with this, but they could ask if you want to enable it or not...

Barely registered for the Game Sync.

15882033646_dda43cd765_o.png

The pokemon community is a nice one. You can put up literally anything in the GTS and request anything and somebody always provides it promptly for no real benefit on their end.

Good job to anyone doing that here lol.

Hey, could somebody do me a big favor? I need any low level Pokemon with Flame Body or Magma Armor to slap onto my team (I'll use it in my playthrough and to hatch as well), and also any tips to speed up egg hatching that you can offer because I've forgotten literally everything since I stopped playing X/Y.

Hey, could somebody do me a big favor? I need any low level Pokemon with Flame Body or Magma Armor to slap onto my team (I'll use it in my playthrough and to hatch as well), and also any tips to speed up egg hatching that you can offer because I've forgotten literally everything since I stopped playing X/Y.

I think I have an extra fletching which can evolve into Flame Body fletchinder/talonflame

entremet

I didn't turn it on until I just remembered to. I passed that event and never remember being prompted.

Why can't they just make this aspect of SP automatically on?

I think I have an extra fletching which can evolve into Flame Body fletchinder/talonflame

That'd be perfect, thanks. My friend code is 0602-6282-8767. I can offer up Pokerus or a leftover baby but I don't have many left and I don't know most of their IVs atm :/ Ingame name is Spencer

Anyone bother the mods about creating a SSB QR Code thread? I'd be up to making it if no one else plans to/knows that they don't want anyone to make one.

That'd be perfect, thanks. My friend code is 0602-6282-8767. I can offer up Pokerus or a leftover baby but I don't have many left and I don't know most of their IVs atm :/

FC: 5258-0782-9763
AS IGN: Pristine

I don't care what you send over. I'd rather trade off pokemon just for the trainer ID's and the lottery lol

one_kill

I didn't turn it on until I just remembered to. I passed that event and never remember being prompted.

Why can't they just make this aspect of SP automatically on?
Like HK said, it's asking for you to share personal info so you must give consent.

Also the event happens organically. You need to go back because you need to sail to the next place. When you head back, youre automatically led to the president. Overlooking the new thing you got is your fault.

thanks a lot! I'm trying to breed a decent Bergmite atm bc I've never used it and I really like its design

np

Still working on building a stockpile of pokemon in AS. Still a lot of stuff to do lol.

So *you're* Pristine! Was wondering who that was.

My IGN is Julia for those of you who have me added here.

lol. I see a whole bunch of people on friends in the game with different names than in XY. Luckily it shows the friend codes so I can just do some basic investigation work.

Joqu

Man the dialogue in this reminds me of a dark comedian, it ranges from hilarious to downright dark and depressing.

Man RSE always had my favorite writing of the series. Sure the main plot is pretty stupid but yeah like you said, lots of hilarious lines, lots of poignant ones. I love it.

ORAS added some more of the latter with the Sea Mauville too, pretty good stuff.

Picked Ruby up today after having a mess around on my friend's copy and having a nostalgia trip. I forgot how uncomfortable the 3DS is to hold though :( I have an XL and have to put it in the CPP whenever using it or my hand just cramps up.

Besides the different colour, how else would I know if I have found a Shiny Pokemon, I know some of them don't look too different to their normal versions.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I've heard a few people say this. Was Pokemon ORAS the top-left icon on the streetpass management? For some reason that slot is bugged when you use Nintendo zones and it will never receive passes from them....maybe deleting everything but that kicks it into action (personally I use 3DS sound as a sacrifice to end up in that slot here the main menu on it has the enable/disable setting).
Think it was, yeah. And now Smash is the first one and it's also failing to get hits, so that may be the case. I'll have to do the same thing as you and sacrifice another game in the name of the first slot. Sorry Pokemon Battle Trozei, don't take it personally.

Will edit this post if I get a Smash hit after doing this.

Is there a video tutorial?
There probably is, but I used these two guides (they cover the same stuff, but I found the latter easier to follow; it's in Spanish, but I can translate it to English if you want):

http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/2n8hg9/want_the_eon_ticket_homepass_is_for_you/
http://www.cpokemon.com/2014/11/26/guia-como-obtener-el-ticket-eon-sin-salir-de-casa-via-homepass/

EDIT: I got a Smash Streetpass, so I can confirm the first slot doesn't work with Homepass.

Top Bottom