• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

MicH

These Scythers are driving me insane. I've had EVERY possible outcome.. Except 31/31/31/x/31/31

Gah

I'm so susceptible to Pokemon trends in this thread. Every time someone says "so and so is awesome, you should train one" I feel compelled to do so. I need to stop and try and find my own niche.

Comprehensive list of trends?
  • Aegislash in general
  • Gale Talonflame
  • Protean Greninja
  • Prankster Klefki
  • Sturdy Carbink
  • Harvest Trevenant
  • Multifang Tyrantrum

Am I missing anyone?

Anteo

I got a Bold Prankster female Klefki waiting for you; 31/x/31/31/x/31

Oh that looks nice, I'll give you the frog experiment I got earlier today. I think it could work pretty nice, maybe as something unexpected, but it needs testing.

Edit: Ha! you ask for a trade just as I'm posting this. Thanks a lot, that will save a lot of time.

ohlawd

Oh that looks nice, I'll give you the frog experiment I got earlier today. I think it could work pretty nice, but it needs testing.

I have more Froakie than any other Pokemon I swear.

Got a shit ton of them from Wonder Trade, bred loads of them yesterday, what's another one for the pile?!?!?!?

Regiruler

Wait, I just realized something.

Isn't it 8 points to 1 stat at level 50, the game's base level for ranked? Then anything other than a mod of 8 would have wasted points, correct?

I'm so susceptible to Pokemon trends in this thread. Every time someone says "so and so is awesome, you should train one" I feel compelled to do so. I need to stop and try and find my own niche.

• Aegislash in general
  • Gale Talonflame
  • Protean Greninja
  • Prankster Klefki
  • Sturdy Carbink
  • Harvest Trevenant
  • Multifang Tyrantrum

Am I missing anyone?

I hope Coil Zygarde becomes a trend. Everyone needs to use one!

wiibomb

is there any sense to the tip thing?

I mean, why does everyone ingame seem to ask for a tip? is there any purpose for that in the game?

New thread smell. Owned Suckah!

Looking for 4 IV Klefki (Or male in mineral egg group). I can give 3 IV Protean Froakie/4 IV Aron/4 IV Noibat.

Cactus

Banned
I have a couple of questions for you guys...

1) Does Eviolite-wielding Dusclops still suck competitively? (please say no)

2) How come the muscle icon in super training flashes for some fully IV trained Pokemon, but not for others?

Also, SHINY SHROOMISH EGG!!!! HAHAHHAAA

Quick feet/bullet seed/jolly/3 perfect IVs (atk, spd, def). I was trying to get a perfect one, but I think I'll stick with this.

jrDev

I haven't played in a while (since Ace Attorney 5 came out) so I haven't been following, but has anyone figured out what tipping someone does yet from the last thread?

Anteo

I have more Froakie than any other Pokemon I swear.

Got a shit ton of them from Wonder Trade, bred loads of them yesterday, what's another one for the pile?!?!?!?

It has a different IV distribution, thought it could work as some sort of mindgame against some people, but just for fun moslty.
Actually I still dont have any pokemon that is not for fun. I mean Mega Charizard Y/Venasaur double battle is so silly. And aerodactyl has no place there, my team sucks :lol. I like Timid Greninja but a lot of people run the frog that way so I dont want that. that's why i wanted to make my own

• Aegislash in general
  • Gale Talonflame
  • Protean Greninja
  • Prankster Klefki
  • Sturdy Carbink
  • Harvest Trevenant
  • Multifang Tyrantrum

Am I missing anyone?
Paul_Azumarill.png

upandaway

• Aegislash in general
  • Gale Talonflame
  • Protean Greninja
  • Prankster Klefki
  • Sturdy Carbink
  • Harvest Trevenant
  • Multifang Tyrantrum

Am I missing anyone?
Marowak, definitely. And I remember hearing stuff about Exploud and Mega Medicham, they're something insane in their niches.

Mega Medicham has what, base 200 attack stat? Geez. That thing knows High Jump Kick!

I have a couple of questions for you guys...

1) Does Eviolite-wielding Dusclops still suck competitively? (please say no)

2) How come the muscle icon in super training flashes for some fully IV trained Pokemon, but not for others?

Also, SHINY SHROOMISH EGG!!!! HAHAHHAAA

Quick feet/bullet seed/jolly/3 perfect IVs (atk, spd, def). I was trying to get a perfect one, but I think I'll stick with this.

It flashes when said Pokemon's EVs have been maxed out outside of Super Training. tapping the flashing icon will give you the congratulations message. If you max out after a ST regimen you get that message automatically and the icon doesn't flash.

Azumarill's always been trendy as far as I can see.

Marowak, definitely. And I remember hearing stuff about Exploud and Mega Medicham, they're something insane in their niches.

Mega Medicham has what, base 200 attack stat? Geez. That thing knows High Jump Kick!
I'd explain Exploud as a general fascination with the move Boomburst.

OceanBlue

If you max EVs through battles (or training bags maybe), the muscle icon will flash. The only thing it does is unlock Secret Super Training when you press it. Otherwise Secret Super Training is unlocked automatically.

ohlawd

It has a different IV distribution, thought it could work as some sort of mindgame against some people, but just for fun moslty.
Actually I still dont have any pokemon that is not for fun. I mean Mega Charizard Y/Venasaur double battle is so silly. And aerodactyl has no place there, my team sucks :lol. I like Timid Greninja but a lot of people run the frog that way so I dont want that

mmk I'll check the IVs later. I have a Protean Greninja all trained up but it's the same as everyone else's; special-based.

If the one you gave me is more physical then I can do a physical Greninja >_>

upandaway

Trying to wrap my head around 200 base attack. Things that resist fighting will still see a base 100 attack hit their face. Even after getting burned it will still be at base 100 attack.

That's a bit silly, there. I mean, that's a bit silly.

emb

Timid, IMO.
I agree. It's in a really competitive speed tier area. Anything from 100-130 speed I'd say always max speed unless you're boosting or using priority or something.
Azumarill has been around for a while with huge power and hasn't done jacksquat. What's different?
Isn't belly drum a new move on him? Or at least belly drum + aqua jet. Fairy is a pretty good type, but I thought that was the bigger deal.

Trying to wrap my head around 200 base attack. Things that resist fighting will still see a base 100 attack hit their face. Even after getting burned it will still be at base 100 attack.

That's a bit silly, there. I mean, that's a bit silly.

Can't get over my hatred of Medicham to use it. One of my least favorite Pokemon, if only for his appearance.

hemtae

I have one 5 IV Jolly Axew and thirteen 4 IV Jolly Axew if anybody wants any. They all have Mold Breaker but no moves bred on to them.

I'll take whatever but my preference is for FS ditto of any nature.

Does anyone have the data for the leaders in the Battle Maison as to what items their Pokémon hold, what moves they use, and possibly their IVs and EVs? Thanks.

ohlawd

From what I've seen, the Japanese love Mega Kangaskahn. So strong. x__x

Mega Kangy is awesome in the Maison. I've only used her in Doubles however.

Send her as one of your leads. Use Fake Out on the Pokemon that can threaten your other Pokemon the most. She's pretty bulky so she'll likely survive any hit that isn't a Fighting move. Fake Out is effectively a 2HKO on most Pokemon. Return is freaking deadly; it's a OHKO on a lot of Pokemon that isn't resistant to it. Sucker Punch for priority but I don't depend on it. I have Power Up Punch as the last move but I only use it when I know it can faint a Pokemon (does crap damage as 2x and I wouldn't even use it against a 4x weakness 'mon like Aggron). If you do manage to get a +2 from PUP, that's game. It dents even Skarmoy hard at full HP. But it's still no good against a 4x like Bastiodon, Aggron, etc.

Firestorm

• Aegislash in general
  • Gale Talonflame
  • Protean Greninja
  • Prankster Klefki
  • Sturdy Carbink
    [*]Harvest Trevenant
  • Multifang Tyrantrum

Am I missing anyone?
This was a trend in this thread?! Perfect. If someone has a Brave or other -speed nature one with 0 Speed IV and 2 - 3 31 IVs I'd give you a Quad Charmander and/or Gible for it!

Top Bottom