• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Tirod

about to start making a team. where do I start? I've got a few ditto safaris. I've got a few good IV pokes. but how do I even figure out what i want on my team?

Honestly, I'd say just go for your favorite pokemon, slap them on one roster together, research a moveset for them, and throw yourself in the lion's den.

Either you get torn apart, do okay, or do great! And if you do terribly (which is not abnormal at the start) you'll have the experience of seeing other team composition's, movesets, synergy, etc.

All the work you put into breeding the "failure" team isn't neccessarily wasted either; you can use them to make 5/6 IV breeding faster, or bench them and give them another shot later once you get a larger variety of pokemon and see how them fit in a new team composition.

TLDR: Experiment, don't worry about it.

Quest1

Do any of you have any cubones with decent IVs? Lightning rod and gyarados seems like a pretty beasty doubles core. I have a crapton of Charmander and drillbur with pretty decent IVs for you if you do. Also, how does Breloom get spore? I have a bulky absorption breloom but I want a sleeper for kangaskhan in doubles.

macklelol

Do any of you have any cubones with decent IVs? Lightning rod and gyarados seems like a pretty beasty doubles core. I have a crapton of Charmander and drillbur with pretty decent IVs for you if you do. Also, how does Breloom get spore? I have a bulky absorption breloom but I want a sleeper for kangaskhan in doubles.

Shroomish learns Spore at like level 45, while Breloom doesn't learn it at all.

MicH

Yeah, I think we're friends. My trainer name is Zach. Do you want anything special for it?
Yup, we're friends. I tried sending you a trade request, but you didn't respond.

Anyway, if you have anything good to spare, sure. Otherwise you can just send me whatever

Yup, we're friends. I tried sending you a trade request, but you didn't respond.

Anyway, if you have anything good to spare, sure. Otherwise you can just send me whatever

Oh sorry, I'm in the Maison right now, I'll send you a trade request later. Is your IGN the same as your GAF name?

MicH

That's why I always check a Pokémon's level up moves before doing anything. I need to know if some moves are pre-evolution only, egg moves and so on. It is very important to do this. Serebii is very good - it even lists pre-evolution only moves on every evolved Pokemon

Quest1

I looked at Brelooms and I assumed it was just an egg move that I needed to breed for. At least it's already perfect. I can't wait til I finish this doubles team...

Nopren

I've been making some changes in my line-up before hitting the eight gym, and I am now finding myself levelling up a Meowstiq. It is currently at about level 38 and I need it to get to about 52. Is there any better place to level up than triple battles in the restaurant?

Kokonoe

Banned
Uhh.....guys

I caught another Shiny Excadrill. o_O

ibcbdMO7FBfwVP.jpg

Top Bottom