• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Tenck

That feel when you finish breeding a Sableye with 6IVs and Recover, only to come back after making food, and realize your 3DS died on you ;_;

MicH

Uhh.....guys

I caught another Shiny Excadrill. o_O

ibcbdMO7FBfwVP.jpg
What the hell

Tiamant

To ease the wait for my Christmas Cofagrigus I've decided to go for the Duskull line but I see that this is one case of pre-evo being better than the final evo. Is Dusclops really so much better than Dusknoir?

Holmes

That feel when you finish breeding a Sableye with 6IVs and Recover, only to come back after making food, and realize your 3DS died on you ;_;
I love getting 6 IV Pokemon. 5 IV's are always good enough, but when the judge reads out six perfect stats, feels good.

I just stopped breeding my Sableye at perfect HP, defense, special defense and speed, because he never uses his own attack stat anyway with Foul Play.

To ease the wait for my Christmas Cofagrigus I've decided to go for the Duskull line but I see that this is one case of pre-evo being better than the final evo. Is Dusclops really so much better than Dusknoir?

Eviolite gives him better defenses than Dusknoir. The only thing Noir has over Clops is better physical attack.

I've got another quick giveaway for you guys.

Three Bulbasaurs, each of them:

- Calm natured
- posessed of at least 4 IVs in relevant stats
- in Nest Balls

If you'd like one, just sound off in the thread.

Thanks!

Boogiepop

Wait, does the search for "other region" thing seriously not lock out Pokemon that are from your region, just trainers? Ugh, I'm trying to fill in as much of the Gen VI Japanese dex as I can using the GTS (already did a ton of Wonder Trades), and I got a Helioptile that was American when I was expecting a Japanese one.

On the plus side, I just got a shiny Litleo for a random squirtle due to someone putting that on there for some reason, so hooray!

Unicorn

I guess so, considering that Curselax was considered the strongest pokemon in the game.

Careful, despite its high defense it's still pretty fragile. Also, Talonflame will be your bane when using it. If you want I still have a few 4 IV Pinsirs left.
I would love a pinsir, if you don't mind me mooching

3136-6728-2378
Unicorn

Tiamant

Eviolite gives him better defenses than Dusknoir. The only thing Noir has over Clops is better physical attack.

I see, so with eviolite we're talking of base 195 defenses? O__o

If that's right then the Mean Look + Curse combo might be useful, I shall return to the breeding chambers right now!

NEO0MJ

I've got another quick giveaway for you guys.

Three Bulbasaurs, each of them:

- Calm natured
- posessed of at least 4 IVs in relevant stats
- in Nest Balls

If you'd like one, just sound off in the thread.

Thanks!

I'd love one. We're on each others friend list if I'm not mistaken.

I would love a pinsir, if you don't mind me mooching

3136-6728-2378
Unicorn

No problem, I'll go online soon. FC is in my profile.

I see, so with eviolite we're talking of base 195 defenses? O__o

If that's right then the Mean Look + Curse combo might be useful, I shall return to the breeding chambers right now!

It has horrible base HP, though. Like really bad, especially for what's meant to be a tank with no good recovery.

Tiamant

It has horrible base HP, though. Like really bad, especially for what's meant to be a tank with no good recovery.

Since I mostly play doubles I was thinking about raising a Skill Swap Dusclops and pairing it with Shedinja.

Is the world ready for this kind of madness?

Tenck

I love getting 6 IV Pokemon. 5 IV's are always good enough, but when the judge reads out six perfect stats, feels good.

I just stopped breeding my Sableye at perfect HP, defense, special defense and speed, because he never uses his own attack stat anyway with Foul Play.

Was the first batch of Eggs after I got Recover on it. I was so happy because I've been having some tough luck breeding (like getting constant 2-3 IVs from parents with 4-5 IVs). I usually try to ignore the stats I don't absolutely need (like attack and Speed on my Blissey). But if I get a Pokemon with 6IVs that's good for me :p

this guy

Does anyone have any Timid Gastlys with 4/5 flawless IVs they would be willing to trade? Even 3IVs would be cool, I'm just looking for one to breed with at least.

Natiko

Banned
I can never seem to pull off a good strategy with Sableye. Is it supposed to be almost exclusively a hit and run pokemon? Isn't that risky with having to waste turns for switch in/out?

Tenck

Does anyone have any Timid Gastlys with 4/5 flawless IVs they would be willing to trade? Even 3IVs would be cool, I'm just looking for one to breed with at least.

I've got a female Timid Gastly with 31/x/31/31/x/31

All you have to really breed for is SpDef.

I can never seem to pull off a good strategy with Sableye. Is it supposed to be almost exclusively a hit and run pokemon? Isn't that risky with having to waste turns for switch in/out?

First you Taunt, then you Burn, then you stall it out while using Foul Play/Recover when necessary. He should be the lead on your team since his purpose is to shut down the opponent's lead before they can set up, and you should've focused his EV distribution into HP and one of his Defenses. If you're doing all of the above and still having trouble, then maybe you're just unlucky :p

CrimsonN0

I skipped out on Multi Battles last night to breed and train more pokemon only to realize that for a few of them I actually forgot to put some egg moves or pre-evo only moves onto them(I'll just try to make them work anyway).

This morning I actually achieved having my Gligar Baton Pass 3 Agilities and a Substitute to my Belly Drum Azumarill.

It turns out the reason he let me set-up is he had a Furfrou that used Cotton Guard, Rest, and a Rocky Helmet to completely wall it(I should've kept Superpower on it).
I had to throw out my Bisharp and keep hoping Night Slash would crit through the Cotton Guard(and he wouldn't wake up soon enough to Rest again), he eventually killed it, but the Rocky Helmet killed him in turn- and the rest of the guys team destroyed me.

Natiko

Banned
First you Taunt, then you Burn, then you stall it out while using Foul Play/Recover when necessary. He should be the lead on your team since his purpose is to shut down the opponent's lead before they can set up, and you should've focused his EV distribution into HP and one of his Defenses. If you're doing all of the above and still having trouble, then maybe you're just unlucky :p

Ah, I believe my issue was I never used him as lead. I tried to bring him in to taunt if applicable and then burn with a recovery if necessary but the switches made it a bit of a gamble on what the opponent was going to end up doing. Makes a lot more sense running it primarily as a lead.

Pachimari

Excuse me for my noob question, but why do pokemons have a gender? Can a breed? And if so, what is in it for me?

I only touched Black and White for 6 hours and before that I were a Gen I kid with Pokemon Red back in the days.

NEO0MJ

Comin' right up.

Can't find you online :(

Excuse me for my noob question, but why do pokemons have a gender? Can a breed? And if so, what is in it for me?

I only touched Black and White for 6 hours and before that I were a Gen I kid with Pokemon Red back in the days.

By breeding you can combine the parents best stats, natures and abilities to create superior offspring. Also, if you breed with other species of pokemon ( such as a pinsir with a scyther) you can have a pokemon learn moves that it wouldn't normally have access to (this is how I gave my Pinsir quick attack).

Top Bottom