• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Wait... is Trev supposed to have 0 speed IVs?

Also how does Destiny Knot work? Is it 5 IVs from one of the two parents? Or does it select 5 stats that will definitely be passed down, and then randomly select between the two parents for each one? I've been assuming the latter.
I'm not sure why low Speed would be positive, unless you're running a trick room set. And you are correct about Destiny Knot. It selects five stats, then randomly chooses between the parents.

P.S. I keep trying to trade you SeZMehK, but you aren't responding. D=

Kokonoe

Banned
That's some Primal Rage shit right there.

PrimalRageGameplay8.png

Love that game.

Screw that last battle, though. Only possible with save states unless you are like completely ultimate.

Firemind

Need help with thoughts around nature/ev spread for a Ttar that includes stealth rocks and also a build/spread for assusalt vest use (I know vest = no SR) Cheers!

I'm just not sure if Adamant is the right choice or not.

Depends on if you want to use it as a trapper or as a general special tank. Adamant lets it trap Psychic and Ghost types more easily in case they don't switch.

Careful 252/252 HP/SpD for tanking and Adamant 252/252 HP/Attack for trapping.

SeZMehK

I'm not sure why low Speed would be positive, unless you're running a trick room set. And you are correct about Destiny Knot. It selects five stats, then randomly chooses between the parents.

P.S. I keep trying to trade you SeZMehK, but you aren't responding. D=

Oops sorry was looking through my boxes.

Busaiku

Man, if The Pokemon Company decides to lock it to Kalos Pokedex for tournaments, I would be so freaking bummed.

Love that game.

Screw that last battle, though. Only possible with save states unless you are like completely ultimate.

Yeah, I knew there was a reason I don't remember beating it. Recently watched a playthrough where the guy wins as Sauron with <25% health remaining at the end. Made it look like a cakewalk, I don't remember Sauron's moveset being so exploitable.

This franchise didn't deserve to die.

L.O.R.D

new thread

i am trying to breed shiny charmander
i got male charmander from japan
and female Charmeleon US
i hatch about 12 eggs, but didn't get any shiny
i am doing something wrong ?

EMT0

Banned
new thread

and female Charmeleon US

You're going to need a LOT more than 12 man.

Korosenai

new thread

and female Charmeleon US

Yea, you're anywhere from 1 egg to 600 eggs away from it.

MicH

new thread

and female Charmeleon US
Maybe when you've hatched 1000 eggs

EDIT holy shit all posts at the same time

Wichu

Shiny Froakie took me about 400 eggs. I'm pretty sure I've hatched at least 600 Chespin eggs and no shiny yet :(

EMT0

Banned
Does anyone have an Eevee Friend Safari? I'll give you glory, riches, and a perfect(everything perfect, IVs and Nature) Larvesta in exchange for Friend Safari access.

Kaji

Depends on if you want to use it as a trapper or as a general special tank. Adamant lets it trap Psychic and Ghost types more easily in case they don't switch.

Careful 252/252 HP/SpD for tanking and Adamant 252/252 HP/Attack for trapping.

So a build like this could work

Ttar @ smooth rock(??)
Adamant 252/252 HP/Atk
Sandstream

Stealth Rock
Pursuit
Stone Edge
EQ

Sounds solid, any suggestions?

Neiteio

This thread moves fast, has this CollegeHumor video been posted yet? Pokerap with every pokemon in it... 9 mins long: http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6935996/updated-pokerap-with-all-718-pokemon
This is beyond amazing. Same voice as the TV show and everything! And lol @ the psychopath singer, lol.

Used Carbink in my first Rating Battle

I love Carbink
YESSS

Brick Break Conkeldurr.

It's not like it cares about the fairy typing at all since Carbink has almost no offensive power.
Switch to Ghost!

EMT0

Banned
Gaaaaahhhhh. The RNG is trolling me hard. Trying to breed a perfect FEMALE Larvesta right now. Keep getting outstanding female Larvestas with 4 perfect IVs. The scoreboard is currently 4-0 in favor of male Larvestas.

Damn you RNG. Damn you to hell.

Firemind

So a build like this could work

Ttar @ smooth rock(??)
Adamant 252/252 HP/Atk
Sandstream

Stealth Rock
Pursuit
Stone Edge
EQ

Sounds solid, any suggestions?

Well, if you want to use it as a sandstorm enabler, then maybe you want it to be more defensive. :lol

Unless you also have Hippowdon.

Crunch/Payback is almost mandatory. Steel doesn't resist Dark anymore, so Scizor and the like won't ruin your day as often as before. However, Crunch is blocked by King's Shield, so if Aegislash is a problem for you, EQ is an option. There's also Fire Blast/Flamethrower to consider to hit Skarmory and Ferrothorn harder.

Bulbasaur

Banned
It bugs me when someone asks you for a battle, you accept and then they have the X, Y, Z Legendaries + Mega Mewtwo. But you know what? Last night I beat one of such teams with my leveling team, talonflame, Venus, ninja, auroras, doublade and meowstic! I was very proud.

L.O.R.D

ok thanks guys
another question
if i take back my charmander to give him something to hold then return it to the day care
will i break the chain ?

ok thanks guys
another question
if i take back my charmander to give him something to hold then return it to the day care
will i break the chain ?
It's not a chain, so you'd be fine. Every egg you hatch has the same chance of being shiny as the next.

ok thanks guys
another question
will i break the chain ?

I don't believe there's a "chain", you have just as good a chance of getting one on your 1st egg as you do your 100th.

EMT0

Banned
and...is it better if i use japan detto instead of charmander or its the same effect ?

You'll just want two Pokemon from two different regions to boost your shiny chances. As long as they're from different regions it doesn't matter where they're from or what they are so long as they can breed.

Regiruler

Not many good Defog users until Poke Bank, and even then the options wouldn't be exploding.

Plus, I play just as many battles with Carbink in the pocket until the threats are gone.

CARBINK IS THE GREAT CALAMITY

But carbink is a lead and most of your builds have been support. What exactly would you do with it?

Sub Bulk Up Chesnaught is fucking amazing you guys.

I ended up Substituting twice and was able to refill to full health from Leftovers by the time Sub was over.

Sub Bulk Up Chesnaught is fucking amazing you guys.

I ended up Substituting twice and was able to refill to full health from Leftovers by the time Sub was over.

I've thought of trying this as well, as Chesnaught is really the only starter third form I like. I've wanted a sub-seeder for a while, trying to decide between Chesnaught and Trevenant.

I've thought of trying this as well, as Chesnaught is really the only starter third form I like. I've wanted a sub-seeder for a while, trying to decide between Chesnaught and Trevenant.

I use a Bulk Up/Sub/Seed Bomb/Hammer Arm set and it's worked decently well in this past match I did, but I'll have to try it out a lot more I think.

789shadow

Banned
Bought 100 Premier Balls from the Pokeball Boutique so I could get into the fancy clothes store.

*walks in*
*walks out*

Everything was hundreds of thousands of dollars. *cries*

Top Bottom