• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

This was a trend in this thread?! Perfect. If someone has a Brave or other -speed nature one with 0 Speed IV and 2 - 3 31 IVs I'd give you a Quad Charmander and/or Gible for it!

Yeah, he was trendy a few days ago. I was gonna breed one but I didn't have any Phantump in my FS that had their hidden ability. Might just breed one with Natural Cure now.

Mega Kangy is awesome in the Maison. I've only used her in Doubles however.

Send her as one of your leads. Use Fake Out on the Pokemon that can threaten your other Pokemon the most. She's pretty bulky so she'll likely survive any hit that isn't a Fighting move. Fake Out is effectively a 2HKO on most Pokemon. Return is freaking deadly; it's a OHKO on a lot of Pokemon that isn't resistant to it. Sucker Punch for priority but I don't depend on it. I have Power Up Punch as the last move but I only use it when I know it can faint a Pokemon (does crap damage as 2x and I wouldn't even use it against a 4x weakness 'mon like Aggron). If you do manage to get a +2 from PUP, that's game. It dents even Skarmoy hard at full HP. But it's still no good against a 4x like Bastiodon, Aggron, etc.
I've been running Return/Giga Impact/Earthquake/Sucker Punch myself. Fake Out's usefulness in Doubles in intriguing.

Thanks.

Time to see if Mega Aggron can hold its weight. Doubt it though but dat Filter...
Mega Aggron is so legit! I love mine.

Hey Aggrotek, I have some good Meditite for you:

Male 1: (x/31/31/x/x/31), Jolly, Pure Power, Quick Ball
Male 2: (x/x/31/x/31/31), Quirky, Telepathy, Quick Ball
Male 3: (31/31/x/x/31/x), Brave, Pure Power, Quick Ball
Female 1: (x/x/31/x/31/x), Adamant, Pure Power, Quick Ball
Female 2: (31/x/31/x/x/x), Naughty, Pure Power, Luxury Ball
Female 3: (x/x/x/x/31/31), Lax, Pure Power, Luxury Ball

Quest1

I'm so susceptible to Pokemon trends in this thread. Every time someone says "so and so is awesome, you should train one" I feel compelled to do so. I need to stop and try and find my own niche.

Comprehensive list of trends?
  • Aegislash in general
  • Gale Talonflame
  • Protean Greninja
  • Prankster Klefki
  • Sturdy Carbink
  • Harvest Trevenant
  • Multifang Tyrantrum

Am I missing anyone?

Good list of Pokemon I need to have answers to. I'm not afraid of Aegislash, Gale Talonflame doesn't like TTar, and the others I can deal with. Except Keys.

Good list of Pokemon I need to have answers to. I'm not afraid of Aegislash, Gale Talonflame doesn't like TTar, and the others I can deal with. Except Keys.

Honestly the only one on that list I encounter regularly is Aegislash, who my bro Malamar counters handily. The frequency of the Pokemon on that list still pales in comparison to the universal trendymons like Speed Boost Mega Blaziken. Good list to know when battling fellow Gaffers, though.

Neiteio

4npfnsdkaz.jpg

^ lol

Wonder if Sturdy Avalugg w/Weakness Policy will ever get any use. I don't see anyone else using him.

Or Shell Smash Barbaracle w/Focus Sash for that matter.

DaBoss

Lum Berry + Fire/Ground move would do a lot of damage on Klefki
Honestly the only one on that list I encounter regularly is Aegislash, who my bro Malamar counters handily. The frequency of the Pokemon on that list still pales in comparison to the universal trendymons like Speed Boost Mega Blaziken. Good list to know when battling fellow Gaffers, though.
I'm not easily predictable as that list seems to indicate. :p

Azumarill has made some sort of improvement in every single generation since it was brought in. Now it has ludicrous base attack, good coverage (Water/Fairy/Flying will hit most Pokémon for at least neutral and it can always run Return/Double-Edge if needed), is adorable, and a gimmick set that bad players will swear is good (Belly Drum) while good players will find the much better set (Choice Band).

There is no way it will not be one of the top threats of the metagame in 6v6 Gen 6, unless it gets banned (God forbid). It is simply too good not to be.

jelmerjt

After like 250 resets, I got this Timid, Alert to sounds Latios in Black 2:

80 - 15-16
90 - 3
80 - 0
130 - 29
110 - 30
110 - 31

Last 3 stats are amazing, however it has ZERO Defense ivs. Yes, ZERO.

Should I keep this Latios? Game is so cruel :(

Neiteio

Yes. He has since been re-bred with perfect IVs in everything but Special Attack, so hopefully his run continues. One of my favorite leads of all time.
Barbaracle is on my "List of Cool Pokemon I'd Like To Raise," along with Mega Aggron. Right now I'm focusing on Wash Rotom (which someone is helping me out with, and will be handsomely rewarded for!), and I'd like to start breeding for a high-IV Adamant Tyrunt that will run three elemental fangs and Earthquake in an Assault Vest set. He'll come out under full screens support and attack relentlessly. I know Dragon Dance is something to consider but using it takes a turn and forfeits Assault Vest, which with his Sp. Defense is risky. Also, a Tyrantrum that rips the earth asunder and bites with lightning, fire and ice is BADASS!!

Jarekx

Anyone have any rotoms with good IV's? Tried Rng'ing it but I didn't know the gender ratio's needed to match when choosing test parents.

Barbaracle is on my "List of Cool Pokemon I'd Like To Raise," along with Mega Aggron. Right now I'm focusing on Wash Rotom (which someone is helping me out with, and will be handsomely rewarded for!), and I'd like to start breeding for a high-IV Adamant Tyrunt that will run three elemental fangs and Earthquake in an Assault Vest set. He'll come out under full screens support and attack relentlessly. I know Dragon Dance is something to consider but using it takes a turn and forfeits Assault Vest, which with his Sp. Defense is risky. Also, a Tyrantrum that rips the earth asunder and bites with lightning, fire and ice is BADASS!!

That's some Primal Rage shit right there.

PrimalRageGameplay8.png

I'm so susceptible to Pokemon trends in this thread. Every time someone says "so and so is awesome, you should train one" I feel compelled to do so. I need to stop and try and find my own niche.

Comprehensive list of trends?
  • Aegislash in general
  • Gale Talonflame
  • Protean Greninja
  • Prankster Klefki
  • Sturdy Carbink
  • Harvest Trevenant
  • Multifang Tyrantrum

Am I missing anyone?
Gooey goomy

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
After like 250 resets, I got this Timid, Alert to sounds Latios in Black 2:

80 - 15-16
90 - 3
80 - 0
130 - 29
110 - 30
110 - 31

Last 3 stats are amazing, however it has ZERO Defense ivs. Yes, ZERO.

Should I keep this Latios? Game is so cruel :(
Are you okay by being killed with a dragon claw?

MicH

When I finally finish breeding this Scyther Ai think I'll work on Gardevoir or Contrary Malamar Malamar is such an awesome Pokemon

Quest1

The bird bodies Speed Boost MBlaziken pretty hard. Basically forces a switch.

I've seen the light on MKangaskhan and Azumarill though. They're pretty real. Talonflame/Azumarill/Scolipede/MKhan core seems really good.

Meh.
*Fighting Words haha.

Oswen

Still debating if i should raise a Harvest or Natural Cure Trevenant, both look quite nice.

Anyone with a 0 IV Speed pokemon which i could breed with Honedge? I've been hatching eggs with other stats locked in order to get one but still no luck, been a few days now.

^ lol

Wonder if Sturdy Avalugg w/Weakness Policy will ever get any use. I don't see anyone else using him.

Or Shell Smash Barbaracle w/Focus Sash for that matter.

I use Mega Kangaskhan (obviously I haven't blabbed about Mega Powers enough), Contrary Malamar and Focus Smash Barbaracle.

Face it; we're basically Poké-doppelgangers ;P

FSLink

Banned
What would be a good Smeargle lead set? Something like this with Focus Sash?

- Spore
- Magic Coat
- Shell Smash
- Baton Pass

Blasty

I'll ask here too.

Does anyone have a female Torchic with speed boost and, if possible, a few perfect IVs. I can trade a a rough skin Gible with 2-4 perfect IVs and the egg moves Iron head and Outrage.

Neiteio

- Spore
- Magic Coat
- Shell Smash
- Baton Pass
I see a lot of fascination with Smeargle. So how does he work exactly? So survive the inevitable OHKO with Focus Sash (provided it wasn't a multi-hit move), you put the foe to sleep with 100% accurate Spore (provided the target isn't Grass-type), you set up Magic Coat to defend against status changes, you drop defenses but power up both attack stats and speed with Shell Smash, and then you hand off all the boosts to your sweeper of choice?

FSLink

Banned
Also the anime OST for X/Y is so awesome sounding. I really like the rendition of the trainer battle and gym leader theme.

I see a lot of fascination with Smeargle. So how does he work exactly? So survive the inevitable OHKO with Focus Sash (provided it wasn't a multi-hit move), you put the foe to sleep with 100% accurate Spore (provided the target isn't Grass-type), you set up Magic Coat to defend against status changes, you drop defenses but power up both attack stats and speed with Shell Smash, and then you hand off all the boosts to your sweeper of choice?

That's the idea, yeah. Not sure if there's a better set to go with due to Grass types but I don't think there's any popular lead sets on Grass Pokemon at the moment that would give me issues with that. I'd have to predict if they were to switch them in, but that shouldn't be too difficult.

Oh yeha and Magic Coat would also reflect Taunt/Sticky Web/etc.

Wichu

So, I want to finish my Kalos dex to get the Oval Charm. Does anyone have a Rhyperior or Gliscor they can trade to me then trade back so I get the dex data?

Korosenai

Been breeding Gale Wings Fletchlings... Out of the past two batches (5 eggs a batch, 10 eggs total), only 3 have been Gale Wings... this sucks.

ohlawd

So, I want to finish my Kalos dex to get the Oval Charm. Does anyone have a Rhyperior or Gliscor they can trade to me then trade back so I get the dex data?

I have both. If you're okay with waiting for like 5 mins (stuck in Le Wow), I can lend you them.

Jarekx

Rng'd a shellos and got all the stats right, didn't realize the mother was a Sand Force one. Can the ability still change each time or is it locked as well?

If my pokemon holds white herb, will it regen in battle institute/battle maison? And by regen I mean it will be consumed in the first battle, but still be attached to my pokemon the next battle.

- Spore
- Magic Coat
- Shell Smash
- Baton Pass

That's the exact set I'm going to use on the Smeargle I'm currently training. I'm debating training a Shedinja with Safety Goggles as well just to troll people who don't carry moves that can harm it :>

Butane123

If my pokemon holds white herb, will it regen in battle institute/battle maison? And by regen I mean it will be consumed in the first battle, but still be attached to my pokemon the next battle.
Yep.

Just make sure you take it off instantly when you are done in the battle maison, or you risk loosing it on accident.

This was a trend in this thread?! Perfect. If someone has a Brave or other -speed nature one with 0 Speed IV and 2 - 3 31 IVs I'd give you a Quad Charmander and/or Gible for it!

Wait... is Trev supposed to have 0 speed IVs?

Also how does Destiny Knot work? Is it 5 IVs from one of the two parents? Or does it select 5 stats that will definitely be passed down, and then randomly select between the two parents for each one? I've been assuming the latter.

For the purposes of catching, here are the chances of catching Pokemon with at least x random IVs being 31:

Wild:
At least 1: 17.34% (about 1 in 6)
At least 2: 01.35% (about 1 in 74)

Wild Friend Safari
At least 3: 11.93% (about 1 in 8)
At least 4: 00.56% (about 1 in 178)

Wild No Egg Group
At least 4: 09.09% (about 1 in 11)
At least 5: 00.29% (about 1 in 348)

Kaji

Need help with thoughts around nature/ev spread for a Ttar that includes stealth rocks and also a build/spread for assault vest use (I know vest = no SR) Cheers!

I'm just not sure if Adamant is the right choice or not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Top Bottom