• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

WonderPup

Can someone help me evolve my Haunter into a Gengar? I would be ever so grateful.

My FC is 3153-4172-0166, and my name is WonderPup. Thanks!

L.O.R.D

Bought 100 Premier Balls from the Pokeball Boutique so I could get into the fancy clothes store.

*walks in*
*walks out*

Everything was hundreds of thousands of dollars. *cries*

you don't have to buy all this pokeball
only 20 is good
and see this
kI8nuMW.jpg

i got 5 million from battle chateau

ohlawd

Awesome. Thank you!

Name is Akari, just send me the request.

Wait, how. Share your secrets.

Put up the Gold Writ of Challenge and just keep fighting everyone in the Chateau. Eventually you'll rank up to Grand Duke/Duchess allowing you to put up the Black Writ of Challenge.

Massive money to be had with Amulet Coin + Prize Money lvl 3. It costs 300k to put up the Black Writ but you'll get it back real quick.

L.O.R.D

Wait, how. Share your secrets.

O Power Money Level 3 + Amulet Coin
and Black writ to level up all the trainers 20 levels up ( this will cost you 300000 for 24 hours )

ah..and you need to be Grand Duke or Grand Duchess

Korosenai

Name is Akari, just send me the request.

Put up the Gold Writ of Challenge and just keep fighting everyone in the Chateau. Eventually you'll rank up to Grand Duke/Duchess allowing you to put up the Black Writ of Challenge.

Massive money to be had with Amulet Coin + Prize Money lvl 3. It costs 300k to put up the Black Writ but you'll get it back real quick.

Once you buy a writ, does it stay put out?

Neiteio

But carbink is a lead and most of your builds have been support. What exactly would you do with it?
I believe I shared videos in the other thread where I circumvented various threats by simply switching out and using a strong Pokémon to take down whatever was blocking me. In my favorite video, Carbink went second, against Metagross, and set up everything that needed to be done.

Unless the opponent knows my tricks and comes prepared, most will be blindsided. And the people who know what to expect won't get what they're expecting. ;)

Training Pokemon up to Lv. 50 is such a drag

I can get someone from Level 1 to 50 in 15 minutes. Just give them a Lucky Egg, put them in the second slot in your party, and do the Restaurant Le Wow Rotation Battles with Exp Power Level 3. Since they're technically participating in the battle, they get full experience, which is amplified by the Egg and Exp Power.

If you want to go one step beyond, you can also get the query up to Affection Level 3 in Amie. That gives them an Exp boost akin to that of a traded Pokémon.

I can get someone from Level 1 to 50 in 15 minutes. Just give them a Lucky Egg, put them in the second slot in your party, and do the Restaurant Le Wow Rotation Battles with Exp Power Level 3. Since they're technically participating in the battle, they get full experience, which is amplified by the Egg and Exp Power.

If you want to go one step beyond, you can also get the query up to Affection Level 3 in Amie. That gives them an Exp boost akin to that of a traded Pokémon.

How easy is it to get those O-Powers? I haven't really touched them.

Wazzy

Banned
You can do Adamant and squeeze in a Dragon Dance. If you want an Adamant Charmandar with Dragon Dance/Outrage let me know
I was def running a DD so you think that would be better than jolly?

And that would be awesome! Quick thing though, wouldn't dragon claw be better since outrage is done after two turns and I can't use a berry to cure confusion?

I mean I can always change it, just asking before hand though so I don't waste the outrage :p

EMT0

Banned
I believe I shared videos in the other thread where I circumvented various threats by simply switching out and using a strong Pokémon to take down whatever was blocking me. In my favorite video, Carbink went second, against Metagross, and set up everything that needed to be done.

Unless the opponent knows my tricks and comes prepared, most will be blindsided. And the people who know what to expect won't get what they're expecting. ;)

Actually, now that you bring up Metagross. It and Conkeldurr absolutely murder my Carbink and I don't really have a counter for them either. My current strategy for dealing with Conkeldurr is to send in a Liquid Ooze Tentacruel on its Drain Punch attacks and to use Scald to make Conkeldurr's life miserable.

ohlawd

Scald shouldn't really help with Conkeldurr because most sets use Guts as its ability. You're giving them a free attack boost for status'ing them o.o

Guts ignores the Burn effect of lowering attack by the way.

How easy is it to get those O-Powers? I haven't really touched them.

Got to the Anistar Pokémon Center and talk to the creepy raper guy guy in the purple suit staring at the wall in the western corner. He'll give you Exp Power Level 1. Use it repeatedly on your friends or on yourself, and eventually it will level up to Level 2 and then 3.

I was def running a DD so you think that would be better than jolly?

And that would be awesome! Quick thing though, wouldn't dragon claw be better since outrage is done after two turns and I can't use a berry to cure confusion?

I mean I can always change it, just asking before hand though so I don't waste the outrage :p

Outrage lasts 2-3 turns. Given the STAB and Charizard Xs ability, whatever doesn't resist it is gonna die. After that you can switch him out I guess

FC is in my profile. Got 3 with DD/Outrage in case anyone else is interested. First 2 to quote after Wazzy

EMT0

Banned
Scald shouldn't really help with Conkeldurr because most sets use Guts as its ability. You're giving them a free attack boost for status'ing them o.o

Guts ignores the Burn effect of lowering attack by the way.

...goddamn it. I figured they'd all be using Sheer Force. It's what I'd do, personally. Okay, desperately need an anti-Metagross/Conkeldurr guys. Any help, greatly appreciated.

Wazzy

Banned
Outrage lasts 2-3 turns. Given the STAB and Charizard Xs ability, whatever doesn't resist it is gonna die. After that you can switch him out I guess

FC is in my profile. Got 3 with DD/Outrage in case anyone else is interested. First 2 to quote after Wazzy
Okay sweet. Thanks. I'll pm you my FC.

I'm really debating whether or not I should raise a Donphan. On the one hand, getting a perfect one is stupidly easy thanks to the new breeding mechanics, and I've always wanted to own one of the cute little guys. On the other hand, it won't have access to Stealth Rock due to the move being exclusive to Gen IV TMs/Gen V tutors, meaning it'll lose a big part of what makes it so effective.

I'm probably run Earthquake/Ice Shard/Rapid Spin/Stone Edge on one if I choose to raise it in Gen VI. Anyone have any opinions on the matter?

Korosenai

After experimenting more with Aegislash on Showdown, i've come to find that Weakness Policy is perfect for it.

Select sword dance, tank a hit that you know is super effective, and boom. Instant 3x attack.

I am working on my speed boost torchic. Such a long process when you have to start from scratch lol.

I've got a lot of leftover Adamant Speed Boost Torchic if you want one. Guaranteed 3 perfect iv.

Neiteio

I'm really debating whether or not I should raise a Donphan. On the one hand, getting a perfect one is stupidly easy thanks to the new breeding mechanics, and I've always wanted to own one of the cute little guys. On the other hand, it won't have access to Stealth Rock due to the move being exclusive to Gen IV TMs/Gen V tutors, meaning it'll lose a big part of what makes it so effective.

I'm probably run Earthquake/Ice Shard/Rapid Spin/Stone Edge on one if I choose to raise it in Gen VI. Anyone have any opinions on the matter?
I like every Pokémon design quite a bit, but Donphan is one I'd submit as a candidate for Pretty Much Goddamn Perfect.

Do the Lumiose Restaurants really give that much more Exp than the Battle Chateau? At Grand Duke with the Black Writ of Challenge I'm fighting Gym Leaders, Elite 4 members, Diantha and a few trainers with three Lv 65 Audinos each (good for about 20,000 Exp a pop with Lucky Egg, Amie and trade bonuses and Lv 3 Exp O-Power), but I still end up fighting a lot of Lv 35 Scatterbugs in between. I'd happily switch over to the Restaurants if it'll speed things up.

Okay smartpantses, what moves does Bulletproof protect against? And by how much?

Nullifies all of these

Acid Spray
Aura Sphere
Barrage
Bullet Seed
Egg Bomb
Electro Ball
Energy Ball
Focus Blastl
Gyro Ball
Ice Ball\
Magnet Bomb
Mud Bomb
Octazooka
Rollout
Seed Bomb
Shadow Ball
Sludge Bomb
Weather Ball

ramyeon

I'm probably gonna end up raising one of these based on design alone. It was a personal favourite since it was revealed in the lead up to the GS release, haven't even seen its model in XY yet, sadly.

Top Bottom