• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Forkball

Dude sends out Lapras
I send out Starmie
Starmie uses Thunderbolt, does like a quarter damage
Lapras uses some Ice move that is apparently super effective against Water types, kills Starmie
I send out Reuniculus
Lapras uses one hit KO move, kills Reuniculus

ib2eMaXXZm98mg.gif

Tirael

Dude sends out Lapras
I send out Starmie
Starmie uses Thunderbolt, does like a quarter damage
Lapras uses some Ice move that is apparently super effective against Water types, kills Starmie
I send out Reuniculus
Lapras uses one hit KO move, kills Reuniculus

Freeze Dry. 70 power, 100 accuracy. That's rough, dude.

PK Gaming

I need a Fairy to replace Sylveon. The speed just isn't cutting it with that low defense. What's the super awesome Carbink or Klefki strategy people mention?
Depends on what kind of team you're looking for

Support: Klefki
Balance: Azumarill
Offense: Mawhile / Azumarill
Defense: Clefable

Can I take to gush about Clefable by the way

Seriously, Unaware Clefable is fucking amazing now. It was ok in the previous gens, but it was let down by its shit typing. Now that it's pure Fairy, it can actually resist shit. With a spread of 252hp/252def/4SpD and a moveset of your choice (Moonblast, T-wave, Encore, whatever). It's a legit check to Swords Dance users (Blaziken, Kanghaskan, Talonflame, etc!) and it's just so beast.

But it's such a baller now.

Forkball

Freeze Dry. 70 power, 100 accuracy. That's rough, dude.

I didn't even know this move existed. My fault, but using OHKO moves in a ranked battle? That shit ain't cool. The next match I did sweep a Mega Gengar/Mawile/Wash Rotom team though and made him forfeit. MEGA VENUSAUR DON'T PLAY.

fek

What. I just captured a 31/x/31/31/31/31 female togepi from friend safari, modest and serene grace too. What the hell, that's exactly what I was planning to breed.

Tirael

What. I just captured a 31/x/31/31/31/31 female togepi from friend safari, modest and serene grace too. What the hell, that's exactly what I was planning to breed.

Could someone run the numbers on getting this exact thing? I really, really want to know. Holy hell.

NEO0MJ

I didn't even know this move existed. My fault, but using OHKO moves in a ranked battle?

Only 5 or so fully evolved pokemon know that move, so no one will really expect, considering that all of them are rarely used.

Nice. Even if baby pokemon are guaranteed 3 perfect IVs, getting 5 perfect IVs, and in the right stats, too, is crazy lucky.

Holy shit. RNGods love you today.

In other news, after I complete the Kalos dex: I am thinking of running Volcarona with Hidden Power Rock... That's going to be such a bitch to breed in. I remember crying about Rotom-W with Hidden Power Ice...

I think I'll just go ahead and skip that and breed a fun Gliscor lol.

Ultimadrago

6EYG-WWWW-WWW3-3T5W

A Japanese player using Mega Mewtwo X, Zygarde and Xerneas. I wasn't sure about the outcome at first, but it works out in the end sure enough. I did goof huge on my Togekiss usage, however (essentially gave them a free kill). This is for you, girl!

DaBoss

Could someone run the numbers on getting this exact thing? I really, really want to know. Holy hell.

0.29% for getting 5 perfect IVs assuming that Friend Safari still has the whole No Egg Group gets 3 perfect IVs.

1/25 chance of getting the right nature.

Who knows what the chance of getting the right ability is in Friend Safari, but let's just go with 1/3.

So that means 0.0029 X 1/25 X 1/3 = 0.000038666 (0.00387%)

From OP:
Wild No Egg Group (guaranteed 3):
At least 4: 09.09% (about 1 in 11)
At least 5: 00.29% (about 1 in 348)
The IVs being in the right place is an additional 1/6 multiplier as is the 1/25 nature (unless lead was synchro). To make a bad pun, I don't know if that is Serene Grace or just Super Luck.

Edit: Beaten and I forgot the ability.

Tirael

0.29% for getting 5 perfect IVs assuming that Friend Safari still has the whole No Egg Group gets 3 perfect IVs.

1/25 chance of getting the right nature.

Who knows what the chance of getting the right ability is in Friend Safari, but let's just go with 1/3.

So that means 0.0029 X 1/25 X 1/3 = 0.000038666 (0.00387%)

What in the balls. I can't even believe that.

Edit:
From OP:

The IVs being in the right place is an additional 1/6 multiplier as is the 1/25 nature (unless lead was synchro). To make a bad pun, I don't know if that is Serene Grace or just Super Luck.

Edit: Beaten and I forgot the ability.
But you got a terribly awesome pun in, and that's what matters.

I didn't even know this move existed. My fault, but using OHKO moves in a ranked battle? That shit ain't cool. The next match I did sweep a Mega Gengar/Mawile/Wash Rotom team though and made him forfeit. MEGA VENUSAUR DON'T PLAY.

In my experience vs. Japanese players. Any bulky pokemon that has weak or poor coverage moves will run a OHKO move.

It makes sense when you think about it logically. A 30% chance to hit means it will most likely connect after 3 attempts.

It's great vs. opposing walls since neither pokemon likely has the power to take eachother out quicker than that.

Is the only way to get the other starters and the OG starters and legendary birds to trade?

Is there anyone out there helping out people just trying to catch'em all? I dont think anyone wants to give me a Squirtle for a Pokemon I'd want to give up lol

NEO0MJ

Is the only way to get the other starters and the OG starters and legendary birds to trade?

You'll have to trade to get the legendary birds, but all the gen VI and Gen I starters can be found in the friend safari. Just find a person in that thread with the right safari and add them to your friend list.

fek

It's in a luxury ball, I'm rerolling my whole team in luxury balls (don't know why I'm doing this), that's why I was looking for a female with the right ability and got this, lol. I had a synchronizer, but I still can't believe I got this.
I have a male with the same stats+nasty plot as egg move, I'm considering breeding them and make a giveaway to celebrate this crazy event so if anyone wants one, it's free, just send me a PM.

Gotta love Pokemon RNG. Fiery Dance has a 50% chance of raising a Pokemon's special attack. The enemy Volcarona used it four times in a row and it went up every time. MEANWHILE HYDRO PUMP MISSES TWICE IN A ROW

I had Will-O-Wisp miss 4 times out of 4 today. That move apparently has 85% accuracy now. Rock Blast missed 3 times. That one has 90% accuracy.

I also got hit by two Hurricanes (70% accuracy). One of them was an OHKO and the other one left me confused (30% chance). This game sucks 6 dicks in a row.

DaBoss

Anyone available for trading to check eggs?
It's in a luxury ball, I'm rerolling my whole team in luxury balls (don't know why I'm doing this), that's why I was looking for a female with the right ability and got this, lol. I had a synchronizer, but I still can't believe I got this.
I have a male with the same stats+nasty plot as egg move, I'm considering breeding them and make a giveaway to celebrate this crazy event so if anyone wants one, it's free, just send me a PM.
Because you want the best for your Pokemon.

Tirael

Oh my goodness, Togetic is in two egg groups, having a 5 IV male would extremely speed up breeding for those two.

I have a six IV Vulpix and yet I can't manage to breed a Vulpix with Sp.Atk instead of Attack while still having every other stat.

My boxes are filling quickly.

425kid

Probably someone already found it, but there's 3D out of battle/cutscene in Team Flare Secret Base in Geosenge Town. Are they any other places in the game with 3D as well?

Sigmaah

You can keep it, its just a spare i have.

Oh my god that would save me so much trouble I would love it!!! Thank you so much!

My FC is 1048-9257-7593 ign is Jody!

Anything you looking for in return? Maybe a certain pokemon? I got some 4v stuff lol

Added you.

Busaiku

Man, I don't get Gamefreak's idea of balance.
Tail Slap is the least versatile of all the multi hit moves, with nothing it's strong against, but 2 types resist it, and another is immune to it, yet it's the least accurate, with no additional properties.

Cinccino should get Bone Rush and Icicle Spear.
At least Bone Rush.
Speaking of Cinccino (just got a skill link one) if I use a normal gem will I only get the first hit of tail slap boosted or all 5? Then again the gem(s?) are apparently 30% boost now so life orb would be better (unless it loses 10% HP per hit..:lol: would be like fighting a rocky helmet user)

Probably someone already found it, but there's 3D out of battle/cutscene in Team Flare Secret Base in Geosenge Town. Are they any other places in the game with 3D as well?
A few cutscenes (e.g. the fireworks), a number of indoor places (most caves, some gyms, power plant and factory). The game really needed a 3D warning for those areas.

Speaking of things the game needed I totally forgot to mention anything useful in the post play survey I did :( Being able to play 6v6 is one that comes to mind. I also had an idea of custom communities (but restricting Pokemon is what I feel Nintendo is doing with the seasons stuff, the current gen VI only metagame is concise and Diggersby shines rather than being Azumaril-lite).

Cactus

Banned
I was just on Poke Showdown and my Psychic move "did not affect" an opponent's Gliscor.

Forgive my ignorance, but...how?

Top Bottom