• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

DaBoss

Yeah, I got quick powders. I've fought so many Golurk and they all have nothing
Lead with a fainted Compound Eyes Pokemon.

Well, the fainted part is optional, but I don't think any Pokemon with that ability can learn Thief, but I am most likely wrong about that.

CrimsonN0

Well, the fainted part is optional, but I don't think any Pokemon with that ability can learn Thief, but I am most likely wrong about that.

There are some.
I caught a CompoundEyes Galvantula in the Safari, taught it Thief, then went Metal Coat hunting on Metangs in another Safari.

This. Also put a Pokemon with Frisk in the second slot. That way you can just run if the wild Pokemon isn't holding anything.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Shouldn't use non drought boosted solar beam man.

Just asking to be destiny bonded. :p

Destiny bond works with the lastest damaging move.

CrimsonN0

Huh, so a Gyro Ball from a Forretress just destroys a Gardevoir.

Forrestress managed to take out Talonflame with a first turn Explosion and my Rocky Helmet, too.

upandaway

I would have won just now if I Volt Switched instead of doing another Shadow Ball. Dangit!

edit: we're both making a gajillion mistakes haha. oh well.

Antiwhippy

Wait what.

How did breloom outspeed charizard?

edit: oh man.

All praise the RNG gods, for they have favoured me today.

GGs man, those were some seriously close games. The last one was kinda bullshit though. :p

upandaway

Pffft what the hell :lol

Really I thought so hard about Volt Switching because I knew you'd switch, and it would have been perfect, but alas. I also made the mistake of using U-turn with Jumpluff instead of just switching out when I was in Trick Room. I do remember doing two skillful Roosts with Crobat though, and one time I had a great countdown plan on Trick Room that I pulled off, that made me feel happy.
Considering how I lucked out on the Banette Overheat, it's not really bullshit that I stayed asleep on Breloom. I lost cleanly there.

Fighting you is so exhausting Whippy, just counting Trick Room and planning around that was taxing enough. My team really isn't built around stalling Trick Room turns, save for Jumpluff (and he's gimped pretty hard by Trick Room).

edit: oh also, the mistake of using powder with Jumpluff when it was obvious you'd switch to Breloom. I should have U-turned to Charizard there. That actually might have turned things around now that I think about it...

Antiwhippy

Nah seriously though, you need to use more moves other than roost and overheat on charizard. If you had flamethrower or air slash you would have won the match. I'd consider changing overheat to something more reliable (seriously, with drought charizard doesn't need it) and also have air slash.

Your team is pretty tricky to maneuver around too. I was surprised that petitil managed to OHKO slowbro with no boosts. Plus I can't do anything to jumpluff other than prediction. It was fun games man.

So right now my team idea for Doubles is looking like (Mega) Venusaur, 9tales, Dragonait, Florges.

The other two I'm not sure about. Probably Meowstic for Fake out and prankster support, and something like Metagross to tie it all together (again not sure).

CrimsonN0

I was confused as hell when I frisked Tyranitar and Heracross and found mega stones on both.

Still GGs either way, even though parashuffle is annoying as hell.

Yeah, never actually used a parashuffler before, but I noticed most of my pokemon were pretty slow and always getting demolished before I could attack.
It does get completely stopped by a Fairy, though.
Though, even without that with full HP/SpDef and Marvel Scale with Eviolite, Dragonair can really take attacks.

EDIT: My Tyranitar just got destroyed by an Arcanine. It didn't have Close Combat either; Will-O-Wisp, Morning Sun, and a Rocky Helmet.

We just need to get access to ANYONE with a Starf and a Lansat berry and leveling up will become a joke.
Are those related to supers in battle mansion or are they unreleased like enigma berry? If you're thinking about mixing drinks then wasn't there a 1 a day limit on that?

holy $@#
i just put my 82 L gardevoir female in the GTS asking for xerneas
after 5 minutes and its traded
and with level 100 Japaneses xerneas
I don't know if I can part with my Brave level 97 French Gardevoir just yet (its a nice backup to similarly levelled Lapras) but Xerneas is basically all that is keeping me from oval charm so I'll keep that in mind.

L.O.R.D

Are those related to supers in battle mansion or are they unreleased like enigma berry? If you're thinking about mixing drinks then wasn't there a 1 a day limit on that?

I don't know if I can part with my Brave level 97 French Gardevoir just yet (its a nice backup to similarly levelled Lapras) but Xerneas is basically all that is keeping me from oval charm so I'll keep that in mind.

the Gardevoir i traded was extra anyway, i have alot of ralts from breeding and decide to put him in day care and went to Lumiose City and made my 3DS up all the night
the next morning it i found him at 70, evolved him twice and return it to the day care , after 3-4 hours , he-she was in 86

Argh, finding dittos with >3 IVs is nearly impossible. :(
Well it is 32 times harder than 3IVs which is turn is 32 times hard than 2 IVs...speaking of Ditto, I've got all natures but Calm and Mild, all 15 combination of 2IV (there are 20 combination of 3IV) and a spare box of Ditto to Wonder Troll away* (this is storing inefficiently but easy to find what I want too so I have one box of natures plus non-trick room synchronize for non -Def and -SpD natures**, another box houses the 2 IV combination, the trick room natures and 3IV Ditto I have). Forgot to mention, with all that I did not find a single 4IV Ditto...then again assuming a sample size of 70 my chances were about 6%.

Ideally I'd want to have the 3 IV combination as the natures but that would be statistically difficult. I might be able to get the 2IV combination though which would free up 0.5 boxes.

*-Unsure if I or the recipient are the one getting trolled...
**-I don't think I'll ever use those natures, I have their Ditto as a just in case.

upandaway

Nah seriously though, you need to use more moves other than roost and overheat on charizard. If you had flamethrower or air slash you would have won the match. I'd consider changing overheat to something more reliable (seriously, with drought charizard doesn't need it) and also have air slash.

Your team is pretty tricky to maneuver around too. I was surprised that petitil managed to OHKO slowbro with no boosts. Plus I can't do anything to jumpluff other than prediction. It was fun games man.
I was thinking that Focus Blast is more useful than Air Slash because Crobat is amazing (it resists fighting x4 and can take a rock move), but it would definitely be nice to have a reliable move. I really like the pure destruction Overheat deals though, with Drought it's basically a STAB 130 move coming off of 200 base Sp.Atk. Even if it's resisted, it'll do around the same amount as a Starmie's SE boltbeam, or a non-resisted Hydro Pump, which is crazy (if my calculations are right). But that's completely useless in the face of Trick Room :lol

I really have a ton of things on my team which, against a Trick Room team, are basically just taking up space. I can easily think of 5 moves and 3 abilities that are completely useless.

Antiwhippy

Ideally I'd want to have the 3 IV combination as the natures but that would be statistically difficult. I might be able to get the 2IV combination though which would free up 0.5 boxes.

I actually have a decent stable of 3IV dittos with useful natures. Still, that 4IV one eludes me. Plus catching dittos are so expensive. Stupid low capture rates. :(

I was thinking that Focus Blast is more useful than Air Slash because Crobat is amazing (it resists fighting x4 and can take a rock move), but it would definitely be nice to have a reliable move. I really like the pure destruction Overheat deals though, with Drought it's basically a STAB 130 move coming off of 200 base Sp.Atk. Even if it's resisted, it'll do around the same amount as a Starmie's SE boltbeam, or a non-resisted Hydro Pump, which is crazy (if my calculations are right). But that's completely useless in the face of Trick Room :lol

I really have a ton of things on my team which, against a Trick Room team, are basically just taking up space. I can easily think of 5 moves and 3 abilities that are completely useless.

Air slash has a chance to flinch, and focus blast isn't called focus miss for nothing. :p Also, you can make use of your flying STAB on charizard.

The whole point of trick room is basically to disrupt what people normally expect. Don't worry about trying to cater to it too much though, my experience online tells me that I'm pretty much the only one using it extensively.

DaBoss

There are some.
I caught a CompoundEyes Galvantula in the Safari, taught it Thief, then went Metal Coat hunting on Metangs in another Safari.
BUTTERFREE

omg you know nothing :mad: :mad: :mad:
Oh OK lol. Did not know that at all, and the reason being...
This. Also put a Pokemon with Frisk in the second slot. That way you can just run if the wild Pokemon isn't holding anything.
This. I always used Frisk + Compound Eyes.
Mixing has a limit? I thought you can only just buy one drink a day, but are free to mix as much as you like?

EDIT: You're right. :(
At the righthand counter, you can mix your own berries. Like the other counter, you can only do this once a day.

I heard how long dragons took to hatch but I didn't know how bad it was until I started breeding Deino.
I was breeding many Beldum yesterday - thank goodness for Hatching O-Power and Lumiose City :D

Right now, I'm laughing at the convoluted pass chain in order to get Rapid Spin and Haze onto Tentacool. But it must be done :D

(Also, I have your Krabby Smedwicks :) )

NEO0MJ

I was breeding many Beldum yesterday - thank goodness for Hatching O-Power and Lumiose City :D

Even those barely help. I mean Hatching LV.3 runs out before I even hatch one egg! And they keep inheriting the attack stat, so I have a lot of 4 IV Deinos but no 5 IV one, except one that has perfect attack IV, instead of health like I wanted. What stings the most is that it was random, as none of the parents have perfect attack.

ZenaxPure

If you can breed something that is rare-ish you can get almost any pokemon you want really. I've been averaging 3 to 4 Xerneas per day for the last week getting rid of prankster/recover sableye rejects from when I bred my own.

Actually just turned on my 3DS to check the GTS because of this post, and, the Sableye I put up last night before going to sleep just got me an Articuno.

Finally decided to work around being unable to get the set of perfect IVs I want that still has drought, and got this:

Vulpix - #037 (Timid)
Male (♂) Drought
HP: 31
Att: 31
Def: 28
SpA: 31
SpD: 31
Speed: 31

I'm gonna wonder trade anything with Flash Fire.

DaBoss

....................why does Sky Attack have a 30% chance to flinch and then on top of that have a 140 base power and 90% accuracy?

ZenaxPure

It seems everything I can do like that (all pseudo legendary, I guess multiscale Dragonite is the best I can do) already has pages and pages of offers along those lines.

Well you could always find a niche and work towards it. I'm actually down to my last prankster/recover Sableye, but, it's so easy to reproduce and IVs don't really matter for the GTS that I'll probably just breed another 20 or so sometime later today. There are a lot of other lesser popular but still desired guys like him you could probably use for easy trades.

Ultimadrago

The Scyther + Metal Coat trading still works last I checked. Or you can ask to see another Gaffer's Xerneas for a second.

Top Bottom