• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

How are you getting so many metal coats?

I use Thief on Magneton in the Lost Hotel or whatever it is called. The area with the punks that teach you the final skating trick. I lead with a Pokémon with Compound Eyes to increase my chances of finding an item on a wild Pokémon.

edit: no prob boss, ask me for a trade in game lol

Tirael

I hate to be "that guy", because I saw a Carbink-stravaganza giveaway recently and didn't jump on it. But does anyone have a Sturdy Carbink to spare? I don't care about IVs, I can get them on my own. PM me please.

Tirael
2552-1098-4530

btw, the offer for a 6 IV'd Scyther (Jolly w/ Technician) is still on the table for another 6 IV mon.

Edit: LOL, I just now realized that I bred Baton Pass onto all of these Scyther and I made two boxes of these sons of bitches...

Nbz

Gonna try and breed some 5v Defog/Brave Bird/Whirwind Zubats later. Got a 6v parent to work with, should hopefully get them pretty quickly.

Holmes

Sigmaah, I believe there's a 20% chance of a mother passing down the other ability, so it might be a bit annoying but you can do it.

Gonna try and breed some 5v Defog/Brave Bird/Whirwind Zubats later. Got a 6v parent to work with, should hopefully get them pretty quickly.
Nice, I bred an Infiltrator Zubat a few days ago and gave him Taunt, Defog, Brave Bird and U-Turn.

Kamisamaa, I have some leftover Sturdy Carbinks but I'm having internet connection problems. If I can fix it today, I'll PM you.

Really debating whether I should run an offensive Choice Band Scizor or bulky Mega Scizor. The former will allow me to simply import my Superpowe/Bug Bite Scizor in December, whereas the latter will require more immediate effort but will fill an important spot on my B-Team while simultaneously looking really friggin' sweet.

upandaway

Found a shiny Ditto today, guess he'll sit in a box forever. Also finished breeding and EV training everyone (11 Pokemon), so now all that's left is level them up and I'll have a new team, my first team fixed, and the Nita counter team finally. My Espurr came out at 6 IV which was neat, considering his egg group.
I also sat for like 2 hours in front of my PC to organize everything, and it was such a mess, I set aside a couple peeps to make re-breeding easier in the future too, after learning my lesson the hard way.

Anyway I have ~15 boxes of breeding leftovers to get rid of, so I might as well put 'em up here. Come Pokebank I'll be Wonder Trading everything away to make room for the full Pokedex.

Timid HA Espurr w/ Yawn
Timid Horsea
Jolly Infiltrator Zubat w/ Defog, Brave Bird (only like 2 are Infiltrator though)
Modest HA Vulpix
Adamant Aron
Modest Staryu
Modest Larvesta
Jolly Hoppip
Modest Petilil
Anticipation Eevee w/ Curse, Wish, Yawn, Natural Gift (not a lot of those either)
Adamant Beldum
Timid Charmander
Adamant Trapinch
Adamant Mawile
Timid Protean Froakie

I should have 4 IV of all of them in both genders (except for the silly ones like Eevee and starters). Even if not, 3 IV easily.

Sigmaah

Found a shiny Ditto today, guess he'll sit in a box forever. Also finished breeding and EV training everyone (11 Pokemon), so now all that's left is level them up and I'll have a new team, my first team fixed, and the Nita counter team finally. My Espurr came out at 6 IV which was neat, considering his egg group.
I also sat for like 2 hours in front of my PC to organize everything, and it was such a mess, I set aside a couple peeps to make re-breeding easier in the future too, after learning my lesson the hard way.

Anyway I have ~15 boxes of breeding leftovers to get rid of, so I might as well put 'em up here. Come Pokebank I'll be Wonder Trading everything away to make room for the full Pokedex.

Timid HA Espurr w/ Yawn
Timid Horsea
Jolly Infiltrator Zubat w/ Defog, Brave Bird (only like 2 are Infiltrator though)
Modest HA Vulpix
Adamant Aron
Modest Staryu
Modest Larvesta
Jolly Hoppip
Modest Petilil
Anticipation Eevee w/ Curse, Wish, Yawn, Natural Gift (not a lot of those either)
Adamant Beldum
Timid Charmander
Adamant Trapinch
Adamant Mawile
Timid Protean Froakie

I should have 4 IV of all of them in both genders (except for the silly ones like Eevee and starters). Even if not, 3 IV easily.

I'll take 2 charmander with a side of 2 HA vulpix if you don't mind kind sir : D

Wanace

Hi All,

Long time pokefan here and finally just beat the Champion.

Haven't been into breeding since Diamond/Pearl but I'm looking to get a badass team set up now.

Looking to add people to my friend's list so I can at least use the Friend Safari etc to get started.

My friend code is 0318-7547-2566

Anyone wanna help me out?

macklelol

Timid HA Espurr w/ Yawn
Timid Horsea
Modest HA Vulpix
Adamant Aron
Modest Staryu
Modest Larvesta
Jolly Hoppip
Modest Petilil
Adamant Beldum
Timid Charmander
Adamant Trapinch
Adamant Mawile
Timid Protean Froakie

Could I get an pair of Espurrs and a Petilil? FC is 2251-4573-2793.

DaBoss

So on the high IV dittos, do you just catch them or can you breed them?
You can't breed Dittos, only catch them. You can catch Dittos in this place near the 8th gym and you can also catch them from the Friend Safari if one of your 3DS friends has beaten X/Y's Elite 4 and has been online at the same time as you at one point in time.

It is better to catch Dittos at the Friend Safari because the Friend Safari Dittos are guaranteed to have 2 perfect IVs.

Quest1

Timid HA Espurr w/ Yawn
Timid Horsea
Modest HA Vulpix
Adamant Aron
Modest Staryu
Modest Larvesta
Jolly Hoppip
Modest Petilil
Adamant Beldum
Timid Charmander
Adamant Trapinch
Adamant Mawile
Timid Protean Froakie

I don't have much to offer but I'd really like a horsea and larvesta. Females if possible. Let me know!

Aggrotek

Timid HA Espurr w/ Yawn
Timid Horsea
Modest HA Vulpix
Adamant Aron
Modest Staryu
Modest Larvesta
Jolly Hoppip
Modest Petilil
Adamant Beldum
Timid Charmander
Adamant Trapinch
Adamant Mawile
Timid Protean Froakie

Could I get an Aron, an Eevee and a Petilil?

Holmes

Argh, I have to evolve Smoochum every time I want to use her to breed, and she evolves at level 30. I feel so much despair right now that I might as well be at Hope's Peak Academy.

onslack

i dont suppose anyone has a spare chespin and a squirtle ? they dont need to be anything special as i have nothing of special to give in return :(

Timid HA Espurr w/ Yawn
Timid Horsea
Modest HA Vulpix
Adamant Aron
Modest Staryu
Modest Larvesta
Jolly Hoppip
Modest Petilil
Adamant Beldum
Timid Charmander
Adamant Trapinch
Adamant Mawile
Timid Protean Froakie

Could I get the Froakie, or Trapinch?

Timid HA Espurr w/ Yawn
Timid Horsea
Modest HA Vulpix
Adamant Aron
Modest Staryu
Modest Larvesta
Jolly Hoppip
Modest Petilil
Adamant Beldum
Timid Charmander
Adamant Trapinch
Adamant Mawile
Timid Protean Froakie

Any chance I can grab a Zubat and Staryu? :D

Edit: PM'd

Sigmaah

Just got a 6v scyther with swarm, wish it was tech but I also got a 5v scyther with tech in the same batch so I'm very pleased!

rac

Banned
I forgot how hard it was to breed from scratch. Finally got my 5 IV Harvest Phantump now but that shit was getting annoying.

J. Bravo

Hey guys! Sorry for the shameless post, but I figured some of you would be interested in
this sweater I designed with all 151 Pokemon on it! Cheers! :)

Available here: http://www.theyetee.com/shop/detail.php?itemid=swf-catchm

RZZs2Ua.jpg

hey so I want this sweater. I need a good sweater.
but how do I know what size to get lol. I dont think I've worn a sweater since like 7th grade.

Timid HA Espurr w/ Yawn
Timid Horsea
Modest HA Vulpix
Adamant Aron
Modest Staryu
Modest Larvesta
Jolly Hoppip
Modest Petilil
Adamant Beldum
Timid Charmander
Adamant Trapinch
Adamant Mawile
Timid Protean Froakie

edit [pm'd]

Decent Wonder Trade haul today. Thick Fat Swinub, Lapras w/ Freeze Dry and Curse (people use the latter on Lapras?), Ralts w/Destiny Bond, Shadow Sneak,Encore and Memento (don't know if any of those egg moves are useful but hey). Biggest disappointment was a recover Sableye with...stall. Ugh. That is almost as much of a wonder trade sin as a random fletchling you just caught on route 2.

Tirael

That was the easiest elite 4 ever. It took me 10 - 15 minutes. The way EXP share works now is so broken.

It is my opinion that turning the EXP. Share on for the main game is basically Easy Mode. Also yes, the Elite Four isn't hard. I didn't have EXP. Share on for any of the game, and I swept every one of them with +1 [Insert Shared Weakness Here].

It is my opinion that turning the EXP. Share on for the main game is basically Easy Mode. Also yes, the Elite Four isn't hard. I didn't have EXP. Share on for any of the game, and I swept every one of them with +1 [Insert Shared Weakness Here].

I tell this to everyone as well.

Atlantis

Haven't found this game to be any easier than past entries, at least not because of EXP. Share. It just allowed me to steamroll with a party instead of one or two Pokemon with good coverage.

If they're going to include things like Pokemon Amie, Super Training, or O-Powers in the future though, they should really bring back difficulty settings.

Top Bottom