• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Wichu

It's Modest, so I think Special Attack is boosted. Should I just go with Special Attack, then?

Nah, its Special Attack stat is terrible. Does your team need a physical tank or a special tank more?

(also if it were up to me I'd rebreed for a +Def/+SpDef nature)

EDIT: Oh, by the way, does anybody have a Magneton safari here? I think I accidentally deleted mine :(

I'm still in awe at how amazing Knock Off is this gen. Since basically every competitive Pokémon carries an item, it's guaranteed to both do 50% more damage on the first hit (which climbs to absurd heights when you add the bonuses from STAB, Adaptability and the Super Effective modifier) as well as throw a large monkey wrench into whatever strategy the opponent is trying to pull off.

Did any other moves that get buffed to the same degree? I know that Chatter got completely re-tooled, but it's still nowhere near as useful as the new Knock Off.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Nah, its Special Attack stat is terrible. Does your team need a physical tank or a special tank more?

(also if it were up to me I'd rebreed for a +Def/+SpDef nature)

I was thinking of running Reflect and Light Screen along with Light Clay on it, and also Moonblast and Power Gem.

I'm still in awe at how amazing Knock Off is this gen. Since basically every competitive Pokémon carries an item, it's guaranteed to both do 50% more damage on the first hit (which climbs to absurd heights when you add the bonuses from STAB, Adaptability and the Super Effective modifier) as well as throw a large monkey wrench into whatever strategy the opponent is trying to pull off.

Did any other moves that get buffed to the same degree? I know that Chatter got completely re-tooled, but it's still nowhere near as useful as the new Knock Off.

While it's not an old move, Boomburst is similarly ridiculous.

I actually kind of wish Knock Off / Thief would negate Focus Sash on an otherwise-lethal hit because of the fact that they're disabling the item.

Sigmaah

Guys, I need help making a legit badass team. I'm gonna list off all the pokemon I have 5v'd and from there choose which 6 will make the best team! I'm new to battling so I need expert help!

Pokemon I have:
Ferrothorn, alakazam, noivern, aegislash, greninja, volcarona, metagross, aggron, garchomp, sableye, Delphox, rotom, Hydreigon, goodra, Kangaskhan, lapras, Tyranitar, espeon, togekiss, Excadrill, tyrantrum, scizor, and chandelure!

Wichu

I was thinking of running Reflect and Light Screen along with Light Clay on it, and also Moonblast and Power Gem.

Yep, but 50 base Sp. Atk isn't going to be OHKOing anything even with a Modest nature. I run Reflect/Light Screen/Stealth Rock, with Rock Tomb to slow opponents down and make them easier to beat for the rest of my team (and to wreck enemy Talonflame). It doesn't do much damage, but it's really good in certain situations and means I don't auto-lose to Taunt.

GG!

That was fun and I was surprised how little damage my scald did to your charizard.

Maybe we'll get lucky and some more peopel will want to do some multi's heh

Drought halves Water damage and boosts 1.5 Fire damage. The inverse happens with Rain Dance.

I need to breed some Pokes but I am too lazy to do it. *looks at game backlog*

Wazzy

Banned
Drought halves Water damage and boosts 1.5 Fire damage. The inverse happens with Rain Dance.

I need to breed some Pokes but I am too lazy to do it. *looks at game backlog*
Ahhh right right. Completely forgot about Droughts effects.

I just finished Zelda so I'm just messing around with pokemon for now lol

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Sorry. Big post at the end of a page curse struck again...

I'm trying to legitimately fill in as much as my Pokedex as possible before moving on to Y for those few exclusives it contains, and I'd rather catch myself than trade with others. OCD.

So I ask a huge favor. Those of you that are still actively playing and offer the following Pokemon in your Friend Safaris, would you please consider adding me as a friend, even if only temporarily?

My details:
Mejilan (Firinel)
1977-0169-2527
Sadly, I'm Poison type and have Ariados, Seviper, and Drapion on offer.
I live in the NE of the Continental U.S. (for a rough idea of my typical evening hours of availability).

I'm looking for the following critters:
Zebstrika (Electric)
Xatu (Psychic)
Girafarig (Psychic)
Heracross (Bug)
Dusclops (Ghost)
Spiritomb (Ghost)
Liepard (Dark)
Forretress (Steel)
Bronzong (Steel)
Excadrill (Steel)
Chansey (Normal)
Ninetales (Fire)
Breloom (Fighting)
Rufflet (Flying)
Maractus (Grass)
Muk (Poison)
Galvantula (Electric)
Palpitoad (Ground)
Cloyster (Ice)
Venemoth (Bug)
Nuzleaf (Dark)
Clefairy (Fairy)

If my own offerings suck too much ass, I am willing to breed eggs to help others fill their dexes.
I'm playing X, and even without the above (or their evolutions) my current dex counts are as follows:
150 (crown) / 141 / 146 / 523

Those are registered AND resident (as I keep one of every evolution of every Pokemon I have registered resident in my PC boxes.
My 200+ hour save file shows that I've seen 547, so far. 523 of 547 isn't too shabby, right?

If you're game, please PM me your FC, which of my requested Pokemon you have in your safari, and any egg requests you might have.

Usobuko

Banned

It's an extremely good move this gen. I find it pretty effective on walls like Gliscor and Sableye too.

PK Gaming

Guys, I need help making a legit badass team. I'm gonna list off all the pokemon I have 5v'd and from there choose which 6 will make the best team! I'm new to battling so I need expert help!

Pokemon I have:
Ferrothorn, alakazam, noivern, aegislash, greninja, volcarona, metagross, aggron, garchomp, sableye, Delphox, rotom, Hydreigon, goodra, Kangaskhan, lapras, Tyranitar, espeon, togekiss, Excadrill, tyrantrum, scizor, and chandelure!

Kanghaskan / Rotom-W / Goodra (sap sipper) / Aigislash OR Sableye / Tyranitar / Excadrill

Just got the game today. So this Wonder Trade is a new thing. I had no idea what it was supposed to do. I offered up a junk Level 3 character and got a Level 27 Dugtrio in exchange. Was that a total dick move by me? Did I just screw over the other guy?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Just got the game today. So this Wonder Trade is a new thing. I had no idea what it was supposed to do. I offered up a junk Level 3 character and got a Level 27 Dugtrio in exchange. Was that a total dick move by me? Did I just screw over the other guy?
There are no dick moves on Wonder Trade. You just give up what you're willing to give up; it's all in the name of fun.

Guys.

Choice band or life orb for crawdaunt?

Depends on what role you want it to fill. If you're on the market for an unmatched lategame clean-up sweeper, definitely go for the Choice Band. Very little can survive a STAB Adaptability Aqua Jet that's been augmented by a Choice Band, and those that can will crumble before Knock Off.

If you just want an all-around versatile glass cannon, then I'd suggest a combination of Life Orb and Swords Dance. If you can force a switch and get a dance off, then you can wreck shop until one of The Daunt''s hard counters stops him in his tracks.

Splash Plate is also viable if you just want to kill things with Crabhammer and Aqua Jet though. There are actually a lot of items that work well on Crawdaunt!

Sigmaah

Kanghaskan / Rotom-W / Goodra (sap sipper) / Aigislash OR Sableye / Tyranitar / Excadrill

Ooo sounds fun! Only problem is I have goodra with Goomy and no way am I going to breed another 5v Goomy for sap, so I'll try to trade for one.

Megamon probably gonna be kang correct? Also, do I want sand rush for double speed escadrille or mold? I know weather is only 5 turns but double speed excadrill sounds nice.

The only real problem with this team is that half of them are weak to Fighting, one of the most common offensive types in the metagame. The only member that can safely switch into a Fighting-type move is Aegis/Sableye, which leaves you in a sticky situation if said member is KO'd before going up against the foe it's supposed to counter.

Top Bottom