• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Paltros

Does anyone have Drilbur in their safari? I'm looking for one with Moldbreaker but the fine, upstanding gentlemen of the GTS keep taking my Dittos and giving me Sand Force/Rush despite my added comment asking for Mold specifically.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Depends on what role you want it to fill. If you're on the market for an unmatched lategame clean-up sweeper, definitely go for the Choice Band. Very little can survive a STAB Adaptability Aqua Jet that's been augmented by a Choice Band, and those that can will crumble before Knock Off.

If you just want an all-around versatile glass cannon, then I'd suggest a combination of Life Orb and Swords Dance. If you can force a switch and get a dance off, then you can wreck shop until one of The Daunt''s hard counters stops him in his tracks.

Splash Plate is also viable if you just want to kill things with Crabhammer and Aqua Jet though. There are actually a lot of items that work well on Crawdaunt!

Hmm, I might give life orb a go then, because I want to use on a team based around scolipede's baton pass. Though the idea of a choice band adaptability boosted crawdaunt with some speed boosts and and sword dance baton pass down.... *drools*

spiritfox

Does anyone have Drilbur in their safari? I'm looking for one with Moldbreaker but the fine, upstanding gentlemen of the GTS keep taking my Dittos and giving me Sand Force/Rush despite my added comment asking for Mold specifically.

I can trade you one. Or more if you want, I have a box full of them. My FC is 0404-6055-6338.

Hmm, I might give life orb a go then, because I want to use on a team based around scolipede's baton pass. Though the idea of a choice band adaptability boosted crawdaunt with some speed boosts and and sword dance baton pass down.... *drools*

You''ve gotta be careful if you want to Baton Pass to Crawdaunt. Ol' Dauntis is pretty squishy, and the absolute last thing you need is for him to be knocked out before you can even put his majesty to use. If you feel like living dangerously, perhaps you could attach an Iron Ball or Lagging Tail onto Scolipede so that the pass is guaranteed to happen after the opponent makes their move for that turn. It would make Scol much more vulnerable to a one hit KO, but also ensure that your team's lynchpin doesn't get unceremoniously ground into the dirt.

Antiwhippy

You''ve gotta be careful if you want to Baton Pass to Crawdaunt. Ol' Dauntis is pretty squishy, and the absolute last thing you need is for him to be knocked out before you can even put his majesty to use. If you feel like living dangerously, perhaps you could attach an Iron Ball or Lagging Tail onto Scolipede so that the pass is guaranteed to happen after the opponent makes their move for that turn. It would make Scol much more vulnerable to a one hit KO, but also ensure that your team's lynchpin doesn't get unceremoniously ground into the dirt.

Oh I'm not going to make him the sole sweeper. The idea is to have a team of sweepers who complement each other's typing and style of sweeping, and then baton pass to the suitable one.

Could be a terrible idea, but hell, I already have other teams which I can play around with. :p

PK Gaming

The only real problem with this team is that half of them are weak to Fighting, one of the most common offensive types in the metagame. The only member that can safely switch into a Fighting-type move is Aegis/Sableye, which leaves you in a sticky situation if said member is KO'd before going up against the foe it's supposed to counter.
Oops you're totally right.

Perhaps he can remove Excadrill for another Fighting-type resist (such as Volcarona maybe?)

And Tyranitar too if it lacks Stealth Rock.

Forkball

Taking a break for a while, I am too busy with Mario/Zelda/Steam. I will definitely get back into it later this month when Pokemon Box comes. Too bad it will be annoying moving around the dozens of boxes I own.

Firestorm

I'm still in awe at how amazing Knock Off is this gen. Since basically every competitive Pokémon carries an item, it's guaranteed to both do 50% more damage on the first hit (which climbs to absurd heights when you add the bonuses from STAB, Adaptability and the Super Effective modifier) as well as throw a large monkey wrench into whatever strategy the opponent is trying to pull off.

Did any other moves that get buffed to the same degree? I know that Chatter got completely re-tooled, but it's still nowhere near as useful as the new Knock Off.
Quick Guard and Wide Guard no longer have a chance to fail on subsequent uses. Quick Guard also protects from Prankster / Gale Wings attacks.

Gotta rebreed Scrafty.

Antiwhippy

Fuuuuuuck this shiny breeding bullshit.

Argh, I really don't feel like going at it anymore. Worst thing is that now I have 7 boxes of litwicks which will be a pain in ass to get rid of.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Fuuuuuuck this shiny breeding bullshit.

Argh, I really don't feel like going at it anymore. Worst thing is that now I have 7 boxes of litwicks which will be a pain in ass to get rid of.
Only 7?
If you're going for Masuda Method, you have to be committed.

spiritfox

Oh man a support Mandibuzz with Knock Off/Taunt/Defog/Tailwind or Whirlwind seems really good. Knock Off can get rid of annoying items without being Taunt bait. She wouldn't be able to kill anything for shit though.

Top Bottom