• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Usobuko

Banned
Just kind of lost the will to do anything in Pokemon right now. At 67 link battle wins and I feel like I might be done. Help inspire me, PokeGAF.

Which do you play usually? Flat battle or normal battle? Play more multis, rotational?

Building another team helps. Maybe it's just me, but I have like 2 generations of void to fill in before I'm burnout from Pokemon.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Anyone have a female Aron with Head Smash and Rock Head I could have? Preferably at least 2 IVs (x in Special Attack), but anything would work, really. I don't really have much to offer, but I do have some 4IV Pokémon (Froakie [Torrent or Protean], Torchic [Blaze or Speed Boost], Phantump, Aron) and some 3IV Pokémon (all of the previous Pokémon, plus Carbink and Togepi). I also have a 31/31/x/31/31/31 Phantump I could give up.

EDIT: Actually, I'll even give up my x/31/31/31/31/x Ditto for one.

Holmes

Does anyone have a Regenerator Slowpoke they're willing to part ways with? It would be much easier than going through all the hordes.

spiritfox

I'm breeding Vullabys even though I don't have space in my team for her. I still need to finish LBW too. Help me Gaf!

BTW when does the Pokebank open?

McNum

So, thanks to some very nice trades i did today, my old idea of making a full set of nearly perfect Eeveelutions as a Baton Pass team is suddenly much closer to reality.

Got a male Modest Eevee with 31/x/31/31/31/31, Anticipation, and Wish.
Got a bunch of Dittos covering all IVs with some redundance. Some have Imposter.
Not a bad haul that.

I've read the breeding guides, but I'm not entirely sure of how to start. Since I have a 5IV Eevee to start with, this shouldn't be too hard. How does the egg rejection part work? I need to save-scum somehow, yes, but how?

Also, thinking of Eeveelutions here... What natures do they want? I'm thinking Jolteon wants something +Speed, maybe. Vaporeon... I'm not sure if I should go +Sp. Atk or +Sp. Def. Flareon and Leafeon want +Attack. Espeon want +Sp. Def, so does Umbreon, while Glaceon and Sylveon both want +Sp. Atk. Does that sound about right?

Also, any Eeveelutions that should NOT have their hidden ability? Sylveon's seems... useless for it. Not entirely sure about Vaporeon. If it gets Hydration, it wants Rain Dance, which Jolteon wouldn't mind playing with. But I might be planning too far yet.

FSLink

Banned
Also, any Eeveelutions that should NOT have their hidden ability? Sylveon's seems... useless for it. Not entirely sure about Vaporeon. If it gets Hydration, it wants Rain Dance, which Jolteon wouldn't mind playing with. But I might be planning too far yet.

Vaporeon's is only good on a rain team, yeah, otherwise Water Absorb is hella useful, and Vaporeon/Jolteon have some decent synergy (throw in Vaporeon to stall, then switch to Jolteon with Volt Absorb if you think they're gonna do an electric move)
Sylveon's will be great once Pokebank is out and Hyper Voice Eevees are out in the open.

spiritfox

Jolteon's normal ability is much better, since he can't be paraylzed anyway, and other statuses cripple him too much. And I think Chlorophyll is more useful than Leaf Guard on Leafeon.

I just realized they have an Eevee for all weather except Sandstorm. We need a Rock/Ground Eevee now!

DaBoss

Does anyone have an updated list of unused type combinations?

This gen was pretty good in introducing type combinations that have not been previously used.

coopolon

Boy, Moltres is being a pita. I've got capture power level 3 on, got him down to last 1hp, and using dusk balls in a cave and I have yet to get past the second shake after 10-20 balls. I forgot to bring raichu along to paralyze but still...

Edit: Finally got it, only took about 30 dusk balls and 5 ultra balls (trying to change it up.)

Korosenai

Does anyone have an updated list of unused type combinations?

This gen was pretty good in introducing type combinations that have not been previously used.

I second this. It would be cool to see a list that shows the new type combinations introduced this gen as well as ones that haven't been used.

DaBoss

Well changing up my Google search terms got me an answer:
p2azS8Q.png
There's also the whole new fairy type.
Well I purposely left that out since I only wanted to focus on the unused type combinations from before the Fairy-type was introduced.
I second this. It would be cool to see a list that shows the new type combinations introduced this gen as well as ones that haven't been used.
Going off of the top of my head for type combinations introduced this gen.
Ghost/Steel - Honedge line
Normal/Electric - Helioptile line
Normal/Fire - Litleo line
Normal/Ground - Diggersby
Dark/Psychic - Inkay line
Poison/Dragon - Dragalage
Fighting/Flying - Hawlucha
Rock/Ice - Amaura line
Rock/Dragon - Tyrunt line

Fairy type unique combinations (looking at Bulbapedia for this):
Rock/Fairy - Carbink
Water/Fairy - Marill/Azumarill
Electric/Fairy - Dedenne
Grass/Fairy - Contonee line
Flying/Fairy - Togetic/Togekiss

Which do you play usually? Flat battle or normal battle? Play more multis, rotational?

Building another team helps. Maybe it's just me, but I have like 2 generations of void to fill in before I'm burnout from Pokemon.

Typically just play singles. I've invested at least 250+ hours to every Pokemon game so once I've done everything with a gen's new Pokemon I start running out of things to do. I've been playing religiously since launch, maybe I just need to take a week off.

Alchemy

Just finished my doubles team, ready to take on Battle Spot... and maintenance. I guess I can start EV training some of the things I got off Wonder Trade? Not sure what to do.

Typically just play singles. I've invested at least 250+ hours to every Pokemon game so once I've done everything with a gen's new Pokemon I start running out of things to do. I've been playing religiously since launch, maybe I just need to take a week off.
Take a week off for sure. Breaks from a game are a necessity!

WonderPup

Who wins a priority move showdown while under Trick Room? Does the slower Pokemon's priority move fire off before the faster one's?

Who wins a priority move showdown while under Trick Room? Does the slower Pokemon's priority move fire off before the faster one's?

I think priority still takes, well, priority, but if I had to guess I'd think the slower Pokemon. If both were using priority moves, the slower one would technically have first pick.

Korosenai

Same way with me, its why I havent played this past week. Probably wont until Pokebank opens.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nah it's fine. I already have a budew which has fairly good IV spread to work with, it's just that I hate friendship level ups.

Sigmaah

Your Safari gave me Lampent and Phantumps. I can get some nice IVs for those there lol. I don't even know what my Safari is yet.

Your in game name is sho right? (I'm assuming so)

I can't see your 3rd mon since we haven't been online at the same time (I think) and I think u gotta beat e4 if you didn't already but your type is rock and so far I've met Magcargo and Dwebble.

Top Bottom