• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

upandaway

Okay I really feel bad about this. I sacked the Kingdra on purpose because I felt bad about the 1 HP, but then you miss Head Smash 10 times in a row.

edit: and i don't even know how i had such amazing luck in a fight and i'm still basically winning with only 2 pokemon. i let them go way too easily.

upandaway

That Kingdra though. I had no clue crits work that way (I put Draco Meteor on him just now after finding out).

STAB Draco Meteor x2.25 that can be endlessly spammed.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Thing is, if I knew about that I would have faced off with my absol (or make sure my samantha wasn't paralysed) so I can counter it because you need the focus energy setup time. Didn't think that you'd use draco meteor.

upandaway

What a dumb mistake, should've gone for Will-O-Wisp on the switch. I forgot that you're choiced on Will-O-Wisp yourself.

edit: second dumb mistake, I have Solar Beam on Ninetails. Shouldn't have Will-O-Wisp'd.

upandaway

Major screwups on my part there with Mawile but I guess it didn't matter. Didn't get THAT lucky this fight for once.

Oh and also the fact I brainfarted twice on you switching into Jumpluff. I told myself, "whippy's gonna switch on Jumpluff, U-TURN U-TURN U-TURN" before the fight and I still forgot.

lemme change my team too

Antiwhippy

What you really need for gliscor is a gengar, because gliscor can't do anything to it. :p

But yeah having someone faster than him helps.

Godamnit I forgot about magic bounce.

Antiwhippy

Rest cures you of status, but you can't status someone who is already statused.

GGs man. If you had psychic on meowstic I would have lost though. Sorry for subjecting you through the hell that is toxic stalling, but I needed something against that kingdra. :p

upandaway

That was super fun, man. Last fight especially, I used to think "well he's gonna switch out, i don't even remember what his team has, let's go with the move that has most chance of being good across his team". Feels so much better to actually predict switches.

Espeon has never failed me in a match, I don't think. Against you especially, but in general, Espeon's just doing work everywhere. Starting to get the hang of using Mawile too, I couldn't do anything with him before.

My Kingdra's EVs are actually HP and SP.ATK, which I put on him back when I didn't know about Draco Meteor spamming and had Yawn instead. I'm now strongly considering switching the HP EVs to SPD, which could have won me the fight with Gliscor. Speed is so much more important than HP.

Not sure if you'd have lost with Psychic on Meowstic, since he was poisoned too and not too strong. I might have had a chance with Lilligant's Aromatherapy (which screwed you over more than once, haha, love that move)
wait.. maybe if Meowstic had sp.attack EVs instead of speed (he doesn't really need them at all). I don't even use Yawn on him much, I could definitely switch Psychic in. Resetting EVs is a pain though.

Antiwhippy

Wouldn't help you against gliscor. 85 base speed vs 95 base speed. :p Though my nature is defense focused, so if you had a speed boosting nature you might outspeed it.

Espeon is pretty great, especially with magic bounce. You could use it more often to nullify gliscor's toxic too.

Antiwhippy

Critical focused kingdra ain't no joke though. That draco meteor damage. :(

Though honestly though it can be revenge killed by quite a number of dragons who are usually faster. Should have read your switch to mawile though.

upandaway

Critical focused kingdra ain't no joke though. That draco meteor damage. :(

Though honestly though it can be revenge killed by quite a number of dragons who are usually faster. Should have read your switch to mawile though.
To be fair, most threats can be revenge killed easily by those same Pokemon.

Not looking forward to trying to get a reset punching bag..

Holmes

Reset bags are easy to get. I got two in a matter of seconds when I tried. Make sure you have enough room for the bag though, otherwise you'll get nothing.

Antiwhippy

That's entirely random though. The first time I tried I got 3 in 5 mins. The next time I tried it I didn't get one in two days.

Could try using the berry juice combination that resets EVs instead. Though IIRC the berries that make it are mutations from combinations of mutated berries.

Otherwise, get the EV down berries (but 26 to reset one 252 stat...ugh).

fek

Anyone has a Petilil? I have Trapinches, Mawiles, Vulpixes, Drilburs, and Litwicks.

Breeding is addictive.
I think I already offered you one a few days ago, but I have some, I just won't be able to trade for a few hours until I get home. They are modest with chlorophyll and some have 4IVs while others are closer to hidden power rock, if you are looking for that.

spiritfox

I think I already offered you one a few days ago, but I have some, I just won't be able to trade for a few hours until I get home. They are modest with chlorophyll and some have 4IVs while others are closer to hidden power rock, if you are looking for that.

I'm fine with anything, but I'm going to bed soon. It's ok, I don't need it urgently.

Anyone know what's happened with the Mega Evolution animation in single player? Initially, it'd show my character / trainer touching his watch, and it was pretty epic....now the animation is permanently cut short...and just shows a brief, ball of transformation.

Usobuko

Banned
Anyone know what's happened with the Mega Evolution animation in single player? Initially, it'd show my character / trainer touching his watch, and it was pretty epic....now the animation is permanently cut short...and just shows a brief, ball of transformation.

Battle Masion's Single Player? Probably because you will likely play hundred over 3v3 to get enough BP for prizes.

Battle Masion's Single Player? Probably because you will likely play hundred over 3v3 to get enough BP for prizes.

Just any and every battle now (Wild encounters, trainers, everthing)...the animation is shortened. Not as epic / cool as when you initially get Mega Evolution.

Usobuko

Banned
Just any and every battle now (Wild encounters, trainers, everthing)...the animation is shortened. Not as epic / cool as when you initially get Mega Evolution.

Aww, is that so? I'm out of loops.

I don't recall this on Elite 4 / Champion though. I just beat E4 again for levelling purposes and against Diantha, I still see the 'trainer touching watch' animation.

Holmes

It really is, especially when you begin collecting parents for specific egg groups.

I was able to hatch a perfect 6 IV Togepi (I wasn't aiming for 6.) in 10 minutes because of great parents.
Yup, it's great. Only thing that sucks is the low chance of an egg appearing while breeding two Pokemon of different species. It's still worth it when you begin with a 5 IV father.

upandaway

Got a reset bag in about 10 minutes, so I guess it wasn't too bad. I still need another one though. When I re-train those two, I could train Cubone and Tyrunt on the way too, so there's that.

By the way yeah, breeding using egg-groups is so much faster. When the parents like each other, I get 5 eggs, use an O-Power, hatch them, and check, rinse repeat. When they don't like each other, I use O-Powers after getting the second egg, and go check when I have no eggs left (even if I don't have 5 Pokemon).

Not too much difference in time between them, I just check more often. Way better than using 4IVs of the same species. I got Cubone after 2 batches.

So I have some Pokemon I want to move from HeartGold (the last one I played) to Y. I understand I need to go through Black/White or Black2/White2. Since I'm not getting a 2DS & Y until Christmas I have some time. Which should I get? Is there a difference in how quickly I can get to the Poké Transfer facility? Thanks.

I had a battle with a friend of mine just now (note I am using my ingame team) I seriously thought I could win though had I more knowledge of the newer pokemons, he sent out a pokemon with a nickname who I had no idea what type was, but turned out was the healer of the team being green I kinda just assumed grass and icebeam it and was lucky enough to had it frozen solid, but for the life of me I still couldn't kill it in the time it was frozen, it was only after the fight I founded out it was a fairy, which my Aegislash could have made quick work of :(

I still manged to battle him down to one pokemon though lol even though is team is fully trained never realized how fun these battles could be, I should be studying though...

Wichu

So I have some Pokemon I want to move from HeartGold (the last one I played) to Y. I understand I need to go through Black/White or Black2/White2. Since I'm not getting a 2DS & Y until Christmas I have some time. Which should I get? Is there a difference in how quickly I can get to the Poké Transfer facility? Thanks.

Go for BW2. There's more Pokémon variety, more legendaries to Poké Bank up, and more stuff to do after you beat the game (PWT is awesome). The difference between the two in terms of Poké Transfer is minimal.

Shouta

Your in game name is sho right? (I'm assuming so)

I can't see your 3rd mon since we haven't been online at the same time (I think) and I think u gotta beat e4 if you didn't already but your type is rock and so far I've met Magcargo and Dwebble.

Oh, sweet. Magcargo and Dwebble, eh. I've beaten the game so we should just need to be online at the same time for you to see what my third mon is.

Top Bottom