• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Kinokou

Got a reset bag in about 10 minutes, so I guess it wasn't too bad. I still need another one though. When I re-train those two, I could train Cubone and Tyrunt on the way too, so there's that. .

I have the berries needed for Perilous soup. I'm mostly interested in IV'ed dragon pokemon I can breed that arn't Tyrunt, Skrelp, Noibat, Dratini or Gibble, we are building a local league and I got dibs on dragon so I need all I can get.

upandaway

It ignores drops on the Pokemon attacking but has not ignored buffs for a few generations now.
Yeah the fact it listens to buffs is what threw me off. Never paid attention to crits before really.

@ StellaX sorry man, I already traded away all my Horseas to gaffers. I could give you one for no berries or anything but alas. That's about the only dragon I'm using.

I'm pretty sure that crits ignore buffs in this gen. My Scizor OHKO'd a +6 Defense Avalugg that she couldn't even KO in three hits before it had any Defense boosts.

NEO0MJ

Decided to visit the safari today as my friend list has grown a lot the past few weeks. While exploring Gogo's safari I caught a Shiny Boldore!

11194224393_81251288ba_o.png

It's been some time since I last caught one. I don't care if they can be easily hatched using SV, I was still so happy to capture one. Its nature is naive, which is really bad for it, but whatever. Can someone here help me evolve it?

Ultimadrago

Decided to visit the safari today as my friend list has grown a lot the past few weeks. While exploring Gogo's safari I caught a Shiny Boldore!

11194224393_81251288ba_o.png

It's been some time since I last caught one. I don't care if they can be easily hatched using SV, I was still so happy to capture one. Its nature is naive, which is really bad for it, but whatever. Can someone here help me evolve it?

I shall.

Sigmaah

Fuck, how do I get morning sun on my arcanine? I think I need a female eevee, need to evolve it to espeon and I think then I can get it?

Anyone got a spare 3-4iv female eevee I can get? would be helpful if it has iv's in at least sp.def and no sp.atk iv's lol.

Go for BW2. There's more Pokémon variety, more legendaries to Poké Bank up, and more stuff to do after you beat the game (PWT is awesome). The difference between the two in terms of Poké Transfer is minimal.

Awesome. Last question: how far into the game is the Poke Transfer building?

Do crits ignore the attacker's stat drops? I know they ignore the opponent's boosts but I never thought that, say, Draco Meteor crits from Kingdra wouldn't run out of steam.

upandaway

Do crits ignore the attacker's stat drops? I know they ignore the opponent's boosts but I never thought that, say, Draco Meteor crits from Kingdra wouldn't run out of steam.
That's what I was freaking out over in the last page. My Kingdra went crazy on Whippy's team.

Would probably be viable on anything that can learn Focus Energy and one of those moves (Overheat maybe), since Kingdra's SP.ATK isn't that high.

Haven't seen this posted anywhere: The 2DS bundles are coming to the US

YPlwgFi.png

This was in a little TRU flyer I received today. Same price as the UK ones; $149.99. Kinda cool, maybe they'll sell well during the holidays.

NEO0MJ

Man, I hate this pre-installed bullshit. I was considering buying the M&L 3DS XL but the pre-installed game was a deal-breaker.

I wouldn't mind having a preinstalled game but I don't intend to get something like that until after Nintendo sorts out their account problems. If something should happen to the system, I'd like to be able to get it back.

I'm also a sucker for having the physical copies. I've been getting them this long lol

I want a Shiny Kirlia. =(

Hell, I just want a good IV'd Ralts so I can start making a Gardevoir I can use. =o

Ha, I got 2 shiny good IVed Ralts and 2 FS Kirlia. Was planning on giving the Male Kirlia to someone but she isn't replying to me for some reason :/

If you want the BEST MegaGard though ... you're gonna need the bank (Hyper Voice!).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So, trying to come up with a Team fabulous, and I can't think of a fifth and sixth teammate.

So far I have:

Roserade
Gardevoir
Gothitelle
Mega Ampahros

Tiamant

So, trying to come up with a Team fabulous, and I can't think of a fifth and sixth teammate.

So far I have:

Roserade
Gardevoir
Gothitelle
Mega Ampahros

Aromatisse?

I was thinking about making a Ninja Team, so far I've got:

Greninja (duh)
Shedinja
Ninjask
Accelgor
Samurott

So far I have:

Roserade
Gardevoir
Gothitelle
Mega Ampahros
Nidoqueen
Ninetales
Mismagius(PokeBank)
Delcatty
Milotic(PokeBank)
Froslass
Gorebyss
Vespiquen
Lopunny(PokeBank?)
Lumineon
Glaceon
Lilligant
Cinccino
Jellicent(PokeBank)
Alomomola
Mienshao
Aurorus
Gourgeist
Aromatisse?

I was thinking about making a Ninja Team, so far I've got:

Greninja (duh)
Shedinja
Ninjask
Accelgor
Samurott
Crobat?

I just got a Japanese Adamant Chespin with max IVs in HP, Attack, Defense and Special Defense. Not only that, but it has Belly Drum and Synthesis! UGH. What to do...I love Chespin, and I like Quilladin, but even now I just can't accept Chesnaught's design. I really wish I liked it.

Antiwhippy

Argh, so many good ones that you could only get from pokebank. :(

If I had it though I would probably go:

Roserade
Gardevoir
Milotic
Mega Ampharos
Mismagius
Cincinno

Any specially defensive team can shut this down, but at least it's somewhat balanced!

Shouta

Ha, I got 2 shiny good IVed Ralts and 2 FS Kirlia. Was planning on giving the Male Kirlia to someone but she isn't replying to me for some reason :/

If you want the BEST MegaGard though ... you're gonna need the bank (Hyper Voice!).

Screw da bank. I'll make do without it. >=O

I don't really expect to win anything Pokemon related though, lol. So I don't care about having what's best in the meta. No fun if I can't do it my way.

Tiamant

I seriously hate the stupid concept of megaevolution, I'll never forgive GF for this.

If I see another Megakangaskhan I'm going to kill somebody...

Antiwhippy

Mega evos are fine as a concept, it's just that they seem to have created stupidly powerful ones in kangaskhan and mawile.

Tiamant

they would be fine if they were used in shitty pokes like farfetch'd or krikectune insted of trying to appeal to the Charizard/Mewtwo demographic.

I know I'm at disadvantage because I don't use them and it's ok, I'll keep enjoying killing stupid M-Scizors or Gengars with my Venomoth, but seriously, I hope they don't touch any of my favourites in later mega additions.

edit: I want to punch in the face every kid that uses M-Lucario.

spiritfox

Megas wouldn't be so bad if they didn't boost already strong pokemons and pseudo-ubers. Also, more of them so I don't have to pick from such a small pool.

Where'a my MFlygon?

Top Bottom