• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

backlot

Bleh. Got my perfect 5 IV Roselia and it's Hidden Power is Dark. Sure, it's good to use against Psychic types, which Roserade is weak to, but it probably wouldn't put much of a dent in them anyway. Maybe I'll just run Sleep Powder instead.

If you want a different Hidden Power type you shouldn't go for 5 perfect IV's. The IV's are what determine its type.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Bleh. Got my perfect 5 IV Roselia and it's Hidden Power is Dark. Sure, it's good to use against Psychic types, which Roserade is weak to, but it probably wouldn't put much of a dent in them anyway. Maybe I'll just run Sleep Powder instead.

If you run technician it'll hurt them quite a bit. :p

Holmes

If you want a different Hidden Power type you shouldn't go for 5 perfect IV's. The IV's are what determine its type.
Yeah, I'm not too aware of how IVs affect Hidden Power, so I was just checking all my offsprings' HP type after they hatched, and none were Fire. My 5 IV Roselia came first, so I decided to go with that. It's not exactly a deal breaker, but would've been nice.

Somehow I got an HP Ice Eevee with good IVs for a Jolteon, wasn't so lucky this time.
If you run technician it'll hurt them quite a bit. :p
Natural Cure + Rest tho.

Shadow Ball is better than HP Dark.
Unless you're running Technician.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm honestly finding it very hard to fit rest in my moveslot. I really want spikes + sleep powder + leaf storm + sludge bomb.

Infinite

Yeah, I'm not too aware of how IVs affect Hidden Power, so I was just checking all my offsprings' HP type after they hatched, and none were Fire. My 5 IV Roselia came first, so I decided to go with that. It's not exactly a deal breaker, but would've been nice.

Somehow I got an HP Ice Eevee with good IVs for a Jolteon, wasn't so lucky this time.

Natural Cure + Rest tho.

what HP are you aiming for with roselia?

Infinite

You're luckier at HP than me. I always get fucking dragon. :(

Dark, Dragon, and Ice are perhaps the easiest to aim for in game.

Oooh. That.. sounds like a pain. But it's informative. How would I go about getting the other types? Is there a site with a rundown of that?

That one comes up a lot for me too!
You can use this. http://www.psypokes.com/dex/hp.php

Keep in mind though that it's a tool for previous gens before hidden power was reworked. basically what' you're aiming for is odd and even IV values so it doesn't have to be a 30 if you need an even number

EDIT: This site has the formula http://www.smogon.com/bw/moves/hidden_power

rac

Banned
When the IV judge says "But you won't get anywhere fast with this low of a Speed stat..." that means the speed IV is 0 right? I don't want to go through the trouble of getting it onto a Reuniclus if its not 0.

When the IV judge says "But you won't get anywhere fast with this low of a Speed stat..." that means the speed IV is 0 right? I don't want to go through the trouble of getting it onto a Reuniclus if its not 0.
Yes. That message will only play for a stat of exactly zero.

Top Bottom