• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Tirael

I mostly rely on pop culture references, such as nicknaming Hydreigon Ghidorah. Wish I could just give them name like Herbert.

I usually name mine after things that remind me of friends and things I like. For one example, I named my Metagross after a mech from an Anime that I enjoyed with my friends.

Sigmaah

Get a Scolipede with the ability Speed Boost, make it hold a Focus Sash and teach it Baton Pass, Sword Dance, Protect and an offensive move that fits your team. It's really hard to stop that.

Well, looks like I gotta breed one more pokemon before I finally start battling! I think I'm gonna baton pass to arcanine and then proceed to extremespeed the fuck outta people.

What's a good bulky pokemon that can run sunny day? Was probs gonna run MegaZard Y for drought but I don't want him to be my mega lol.

spiritfox

Well, looks like I gotta breed one more pokemon before I finally start battling! I think I'm gonna baton pass to arcanine and then proceed to extremespeed the fuck outta people.

What's a good bulky pokemon that can run sunny day? Was probs gonna run MegaZard Y for drought but I don't want him to be my mega lol.

Ninetales.

No I'm not bias caused he's a fox.

Tiamant

Turns out that my Venomoth, slayer of multiple dragons and fighting-types, wasn't well IV trained, it's only perfect IV's were HP and Speed, the defenses and sp. attack were mediocre at best. Really happy to see that it' even better than I thought, bwahahahaha!

Sigmaah

Ninetales.

No I'm not bias caused he's a fox.

Wow it actually looks nice as a defensive pokemon, do I want roar, sub, or hypnosis though? And I think I'm gonna make Gliscor my baton passer. EV train that sp.d and hp and I'm Gucci. (I hope)

Got a drought timid vulpix I can get? all I really have to offer is imperfect 5v morning sun adamant growlithes.

I'm working on breeding a team on my JPN file. All the nicknames will be faces like (^ ^)/ and (o o)/. These actually look good on JPN games instead of the mess they become in battle on ENG games.
Is battle Mansion a good place to practice battling?

I would think the 3 Pokemon rule would damage it's value as a practice ground.
If you're playing a Battle Spot format then it's an excellent place to test out potential cores. Won't get you any real practice on reading people, though.

Panzon

Wow I'm so late I didn't even realize we were up to a third OT. Gonna pick us X this weekend after having Y completed and I'm actually gonna try to catch Em all.

Quick question about instacheck:
Is it possible for me to instacheck by myself with both my 3DS' next to me?

I've managed to get the program working and was able to see some passerby's eggs and whatnot but wanna know if I can breed shinies all by myself, to myself. Hope I make sense

Sigmaah

Roar in conjunction with entry hazards. Hypnosis is good if you want a safe switch next turn, but its accuracy is unreliable.

Think I might just run with Roar, thanks!

Also if anyone wants a 3-4v adamant Morning Sun Growlithe, holla at jurrrboi, THEY'RE FREE! Some have sp.A iv's cause I'm breeding it with a 5v Espeon. I was lucky enough to get 5v in the perfect stats in like 2 batches lol.

Think I might just run with Roar, thanks!

Also if anyone wants a 3-4v adamant Morning Sun Growlithe, holla at jurrrboi, THEY'RE FREE! Some have sp.A iv's cause I'm breeding it with a 5v Espeon. I was lucky enough to get 5v in the perfect stats in like 2 batches lol.

Roar is great and not many people have strats to straight up stop the negative effects of being Roared, at least from my experience. I'll take a Growlithe please :3

Sigmaah

Roar is great and not many people have strats to straight up stop the negative effects of being Roared, at least from my experience. I'll take a Growlithe please :3

I think you're right, people really wouldn't expect roar.

I'll mark you down for a good growlithe since your second to ask : D not home yet and won't be until tonight.

Add my FC and when I get home I'll add yours
FC is 1048-9257-7593

I always nickname my Pokémon. It makes me feel more attached to them.

Here's my B-Team's nicknames:

Katsuya (Espeon, male)
Malteser (Sableye, male)
Alhambra (Crawdaunt, male)
Corvette (Scizor, female)
Demona (Gliscor, female)
Asturias (Nidoking, take a wild guess)

Tirael

That's one way to deal with Aegislash.

Katsuya (Espeon, male)
Malteser (Sableye, male)
Demona (Gliscor, female)

What's the story behind Alhambra? Isn't that some sort of giant merchant group of buildings from another country?

Tiamant

What's the story behind Alhambra? Isn't that some sort of giant merchant group of buildings from another country?

alhambra.jpg

Tiamant

Is it worth to invest in speed (nature and EV's) with Accelgor? I mean, he has 145 base speed, one of the highest in the game, only Crobat or Jolteon could be a problem.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Is it worth to invest in speed (nature and EV's) with Accelgor? I mean, he has 145 base speed, one of the highest in the game, only Crobat or Jolteon could be a problem.

He only really gets outsped by Megas, Ninjask and Deoxys. I'd go with a more attacking nature, you can probably get away with only a partial EV investment in his speed as well. That said his movepool doesn't suck, but both the guys you mentioned would likely wall him anyways unless you ran hidden power rock.

Katsuya (Espeon, male)
Malteser (Sableye, male)
Demona (Gliscor, female)

now wait just one minute

props to your corvette actually being a female though

I decided to name the last two members of the team after Spanish heritage sites since I just wrote a stupidly long research paper on Spain. Alhambra also happens to be the name of a villain in a show I like, so that was an added bonus!

now wait just one minute

props to your corvette actually being a female though

When I got a perfect female Scizor I completely blanked on what I was going to name it (I name all of my male ones Edward Scizorhands), but then I remembered what you named yours.

ibdPhjvOBSHo7f.gif

Wichu

Nicknames are best. Sometimes I name my team members after friends, sometimes I name them with a theme, but usually I try to give them names I think sound nice. I try and get in puns when I can too :p
For example, my Gen VI only team:
Lockream (female Klefki)
Falcerise (female Talonflame)
Goozilla (female Goodra)
Kuroker (male Greninja)
Conkeror (male Chesnaught)
Sangarde (male Aegislash)

Holmes

I believe it has a better support movepool than Espeon. Plus U-Turn.
Oh, that's good even though its attack stat is kind of crap, better than just switching out and doing no damage. And it has Roost too. Ok... how about, Psyshock/Night Shade/U-Turn/Roost? Should I just fully invest in speed and special attack for EVs, or should I go a bit for HP?

edit: Actually, I've reconsidered making Xatu a special attacker of any kind. I'm thinking of running this. Impish nature, Toxic/Roost/Night Shade/U-Turn, 252 HP, 200 Def, 56 SpD.

Growlie19

I'm trying to breed a shiny Skiddo with some perfect IVs, but the GTS doesn't have any fair trades for a Safari Gogoat, and I don't have any Gogoat Friend Safaris. Anyone want to trade me a female Gogoat or Skiddo with some perfect IVs? I'll accept any offer, so PM me if you're interested.

PK Gaming

What can Xatu do without being outclassed by Espeon? I guess Night Shade is one thing.
They're different types of Pokemon.

Xatu has superior defenses, a typing that grants it an immunity/more resistances(which makes it pretty much one of the best Breloom counters in the game), the ability to completely destroy Forretress / Ferrothorn with Heat Wave, in addition to U-turn which somewhat mitigates the Pursuit weakness.

They both have their uses.

EDIT: The ideal EV spread is 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe w/ a Bold Nature. This lets you outrun nearly every variant of Tyranitar and Breloom in addition to being faster than Skarmory.

Holmes

They're different types of Pokemon.

Xatu has superior defenses, a typing that grants it an immunity/more resistances(which makes it pretty much one of the best Breloom counters in the game), the ability to completely destroy Forretress / Ferrothorn with Heat Wave, in addition to U-turn which somewhat mitigates the Pursuit weakness.

They both have their uses.

EDIT: The ideal EV spread is 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe w/ a Bold Nature. This lets you outrun nearly every variant of Tyranitar and Breloom in addition to being faster than Skarmory.
No Heat Wave in gen VI. RIP. :'(

That EV spread looks good, but I'm liking Impish more than Bold to be honest. I don't wanna lower the already small amount of damage that U-Turn will do, especially now with no Heat Wave, why should I care about special attack?

backlot

That EV spread looks good, but I'm liking Impish more than Bold to be honest. I don't wanna lower the already small amount of damage that U-Turn will do, especially now with no Heat Wave, why should I care about special attack?

You could use Psychic on Breloom. U-Turn isn't really meant to do damage in this case.

ED Cantu

Hey you guys!

I was breeding Squirtles, I've still got a bunch of stuff I'm trying to give away for FREE. Come take some of this before the wonder trade machine does.

All the Squirtles have modest nature with these egg moves: Dragon pulse and Aura Sphere, they come in Dive Ball, most of them have Rain Dish, there are only 2 of them with 5 iv's and the others have 3 or 4.

Just say something here or shoot me a PM if you want any of this. My FC is 3625-9195-5798.

From the looks of it, Espeon is Espeon.

Xatu, gameplay-wise, is sort of like the redheaded stepchild of Espeon and Togekiss.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
97 BP off a high base attack with adaptability is going to hurt a lot of things. :p

Yeah a ghost team is going to have a hard time against one that is mainly dark.

Hey you guys!

I was breeding Squirtles, I've still got a bunch of stuff I'm trying to give away for FREE. Come take some of this before the wonder trade machine does.

All the Squirtles have modest nature with these egg moves: Dragon pulse and Aura Sphere, they come in Dive Ball, most of them have Rain Dish, there are only 2 of them with 5 iv's and the others have 3 or 4.

Just say something here or shoot me a PM if you want any of this. My FC is 3625-9195-5798.
If you can still hold one for me that'd be great!

Top Bottom