• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

CrimsonN0

Sucker Punch works on you even when you choose an attack while asleep.

This Spiritomb has managed to Hypnosis me everytime.
Each of my pokemon got hit with it at least 5 times each - never missing and just really slowly died to Dream Eaters and Sucker Punches.

CrimsonN0

I have a dozen things to EV and train. Joy. At least I'll have options when I'm done!

I've pretty much finished with my own EV training.
Only, mabye 5 or less pokemon I'm planning to breed and train.

Though, I'm finding the pokemon I've trained over the past week aren't fitting together as well as I thought they would.

So trying to finish off the pre-Pokebank dex so getting the last few Safari Pokemon via GTS (it is easier than finding and adding Safari), putting up Ditto/searching on GTS, Vullaby was traded in the time I got Krabby and Tropius so I thought I'd do the same tactics for Drowzee (put up a Ditto wait for morning, get Drowzee), no dice.

So I'll do the proven tactic of complain to GAF :p Oh yeah, if anyone has a Drowzee I'd love it if you hit up GTS* search for Ditto and trawl through the HACDSV Ditto 4Xerneas offers (wonder if these are legit this time...legit as in cloned rather than just scams).

*-(I don't care who I get it from so it is more convenient than having to exchange FC and arrange to be online).

spiritfox

Thanks for the trapinch! He's so goddamn cute. <3

285Shroomish.png

mah face.

Tiamant

Whoa, it's on times like this when u appreciate IV training, 1 HP left for Vaporeon!

GG Whippy, I got really scared when I saw M-Lucario with Swords Dance, that burn decided the game.

NEO0MJ

Why Pokemon don't level up automatically in Battle Maison? Now I need to level up my Pokemon to 50, thanks Gamefreak ¬¬

On the bright side it lets you use fear tactics against the PC :p

Haha well, half of them didn't get a chance to get used due to Pinsir wrecking me down :p

Sorry about that.

Goddamn. Mega pinsir still 2HKO mega lucario after memento?

I did get the chance to use two super effective moves.

NEO0MJ

Am I the only one here who nicknames his Pokemon?

GGs neomj. Man nothing on my team can take a hit save for tyranitar. :( That Avalugg is super bulky.

GGs. Those matches were too intense. And Tyranitar was super scary, it shut down a few of my pokemon.
And yeah, Avalugg can take a lot of hits, as long as they're physical. Nothing in the game can OHKO, I think. It took an earthquake from Mega-Tar and spinned the hazard away for my team before dying the next turn.
If I were to give a suggestion, stop boosting your Luccario each turn, you only give me chances to KO you.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I usually nickname but my current team mostly consist of trades, so... can't name them. :( Such a dumb rule.

Last match I had no choice. Either hope to survive and OHKO everyone afterwards or go unboosted against dudes that can all OHKO me. :p But yeah, most of the team needs a boost in order to sweep.

After playing with a somewhat bulky team that could come in a few times without a worry it's definitely a change of pace to having to play with a team that is pretty fragile. Need to think more about what's the best way to ensure that I can get in and setup.

NEO0MJ

I was thinking about starting to nickname my team. It's a reversible thing as they're originally mine, right?

Yeah, you can rename any of your pokemon as many times as you want. It's only traded pokemon that can't be renamed.

But yeah, after playing with a somewhat bulky team that could come in a few times without a worry it's definitely a change of pace to having to play with a team that is pretty fragile. Need to think more about what's the best way to ensure that I can get in and setup.

Get a Scolipede with the ability Speed Boost, make it hold a Focus Sash and teach it Baton Pass, Sword Dance, Protect and an offensive move that fits your team. It's really hard to stop that.

Holmes

I nickname my Pokemon all the time. Sometimes they fit a theme, like Seiryu and Longryu for my Charizards X and Y, or Rojo and Azul for my Gardevoir and Gallade. And sometimes they're just random, like Herbert for my Greninja.

spiritfox

All my Pokemon are nicknamed. I feels more personal, and it's fun thinking of names for all of them. But it gets tiring, and some of the names obviously reek of me running out of ideas at that time.

Antiwhippy, I think Baton Passer would work well on your team. Scolipede is one of the best phys passer, and most Eeveelutions can pass Wish and Calm Mind.

JoeM86

I'm a purist, I never nickname my Pokémon. It feels wrong.

That said, when I was younger, I used to nickname my female Mr. Mimes "Mrs. Mime". Silly young me.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Get a Scolipede with the ability Speed Boost, make it hold a Focus Sash and teach it Baton Pass, Sword Dance, Protect and an offensive move that fits your team. It's really hard to stop that.

Yeah, I've tried that on showdown which works to some degree, but I'm still fairly attached to the pokemon on this team. I have a venipede when I need it, but I'll futz around with this team a bit more.

NEO0MJ

I nickname my Pokemon all the time. Sometimes they fit a theme, like Seiryu and Longryu for my Charizards X and Y, or Rojo and Azul for my Gardevoir and Gallade. And sometimes they're just random, like Herbert for my Greninja.

I mostly rely on pop culture references, such as nicknaming Hydreigon Ghidorah. Wish I could just give them name like Herbert.

Blaziken works too, though he's more fragile.

It's actually more Bulky than Scolipede, but it's slower. Only reason not to use it is if you follow Smogon rules.

Top Bottom