• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

MicH

Do you have any reject females of tech sycthers and timid larvestas in luxury balls? :eek:
Pretty sure I do. If you're online now, let me just find two good ones and send you a trade req

Also I have no idea why I went with Jolly for Scyther, but eh.. I'll take it! Outspeed EVERYTHING

NEO0MJ

Thanks for the Magikarp, Aytrial!

Pretty sure I do. If you're online now, let me just find two good ones and send you a trade req

Also I have no idea why I went with Jolly for Scyther, but eh.. I'll take it! Outspeed EVERYTHING

It is strange, considering one f the main uses of that pokemon is abusing priority moves.

SeZMehK

I'm at work :<. I'll be at home at 6 pm est

Wait, what coin trick? :eek: I've used ev berries (before ev training) to raise happiness. If there is a easier way I would like to know about it. :D

In this pokemon, skating will increase your pokemons happiness little by little. If you go to the big city north or south areas, the camera goes into behind the back mode. Grab a small coin and place it between the analog stick/nub and the top hinge or near the screen to make your character skate in a circle. Let it sit for like 5-10mins, and boom max or pretty damn close to max happiness.

Just made an espeon and umbreon using it lol.

Aytrial

I heard all the cool kids have Adamant Scythers and that you should totally scrap your past day's work of breeding and begin anew.

Wazzy

Banned
Anyone know the fastest or easiest way to get a dratini/Dragonaire with their hidden ability? None of my friend safari's have dragons so I'm trying to think of some alternatives.

DaBoss

Sucker Punch is stupid in Doubles. It should only work if someone is going to attack the Pokemon that is using the move. Why does it work if I'm not attacking the Pokemon that is going to use it?

Sucker Punch is stupid in Doubles. It should only work if someone is going to attack the Pokemon that is using the move. Why does it work if I'm not attacking the Pokemon that is going to use it?

While we're discussing our grievances with Sucker Punch, why the heck doesn't Scrafty get access to it? It could've been his signature move, for chrissakes. The lack of a priority move was pretty much the only thing holding him back from OU dominance in Gen V, too... T^T

spiritfox

Hm, I want to make all the Eeveelutions, but I'd like a few of them to actually be useful, too. So, what's good in Eeveelutions?

I'm thinking a Vaporeon could be good, bit of an unusual pick for a water-type, but I'm not entirely sure what to build for. Other than Vaporeon has big HP, so I'm seeing a defensive build. Something like Acid Armor, Scald, Aqua Ring, and Substitute. But I see on Serebii that you get a Wish egg move on Vaporeon. That would be better than Aqua Ring, I imagine, can heal off the Substitute damage quick.

But how the heck do you get Wish onto an Eevee? Sylveon doesn't learn it. I have a bunch of Ralts, and they learn it, but I don't think there's a breeding path from Ralts to Eevee. I also have access to Togepis through a Friend Safari. That might be a better place to start?

Another Eeveelution I'm looking at is Jolteon. Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, and.... well. What's good in pure offense Jolteon? Max EVs in Speed and Sp. Atk, obviously. Hit first, hit hard.

But what about the rest of the bunch? Glaceon might be interesting, with the "Heals in hail" ability. I can get their hidden abilities easily enough, got a few Eevees with it.

Also, what's good natures for them? I got a Jolteon already with +Speed -Attack. I think that's a keeper. Unless I need an egg move on one... I really don't hope I do.

Magic Bounce Espeon is a good counter to all those Carbinks that got sent out recently. It's also good against general status inducers and walls since it can hit pretty hard with 130 SpA. And Eevee gets Baton Pass, so you can set all the Eeveelutions as Baton Passers.

Wish you need to chain breed from Togetic, through Skitty to Eevee.

OceanBlue

Magic Bounce Espeon is a good counter to all those Carbinks that got sent out recently. It's also good against general status inducers and walls since it can hit pretty hard with 130 SpA. And Eevee gets Baton Pass, so you can set all the Eeveelutions as Baton Passers.

Or you can use a Smeargle.

Fury Sense

I Wonder Traded a Bidoof named "Derp" and got back a Magikarp. Best trade ever...

Magikarp_Salesman.png

McNum

Through... Skitty? I would never have guessed. I thought it might be Pikachu that was the link.

The idea of having an all Eevee team with Baton Pass all over is amusing, I guess I evolved the ones I have too soon... You can't use the Move Relearner to learn Eevee moves as an evolved Eevee, can you? Then again, they don't all get stat increasing moves, so maybe they don't all need it.

Wait a second, does Wish -> Baton Pass work the way I think it does? Vaporeon uses Wish. A heal of the strength of half of Vaporeon's Max HP is ordered. Vaporeon uses Baton Pass, Jolteon tags in. Jolteon gets healed by Wish. Is that right? If so... neat.

Ah, well, Water Stones are easy to come by, and the Vaporeon I have has three capped IV, most notably HP, so it can work, I suppose. Except it's male. Doesn't it have to be the male that carries the egg move? I never really tried breeding for one before.

Or you can use a Smeargle.
Huh? I can use a Smeargle? How?

Holmes

Oh good God I have 7 boxes of Eevees, Magikarp, Axews and Ralts I need to Wonder Trade.

This is going to take forever.
Would it be too much you ask you to save me an Axew and Ralts? I have Larvitars (DDance + Pursuit), Woopers (Recover), Togepis (Nasty Plot), Scythers (Technician), Riolus (Crunch + Bullet Punch) if you want anything in return. The only thing is that I don't have access to my 3DS atm (black screen of death) so it'll be a few days...hopefully.

upandaway

An Eevee Baton Pass team is definitely amusing. Sylveon is a pretty good Calm Minder, and Jolteon has Charge Beam, it could work. Does Aqua Ring pass through Baton Pass?

spiritfox

Through... Skitty? I would never have guessed. I thought it might be Pikachu that was the link.

The idea of having an all Eevee team with Baton Pass all over is amusing, I guess I evolved the ones I have too soon... You can't use the Move Relearner to learn Eevee moves as an evolved Eevee, can you? Then again, they don't all get stat increasing moves, so maybe they don't all need it.

Wait a second, does Wish -> Baton Pass work the way I think it does? Vaporeon uses Wish. A heal of the strength of half of Vaporeon's Max HP is ordered. Vaporeon uses Baton Pass, Jolteon tags in. Jolteon gets healed by Wish. Is that right? If so... neat.

Ah, well, Water Stones are easy to come by, and the Vaporeon I have has three capped IV, most notably HP, so it can work, I suppose. Except it's male. Doesn't it have to be the male that carries the egg move? I never really tried breeding for one before.

Pikachu and Skitty both get Wish from Togetic, so you can use Pikachu too. If you want to use Smeargle, get him to Sketch Wish from somewhere and then breed him. It's easier but you need to find a Pokemon that uses Wish first. Now both males and females can pass down egg moves. But you need a female for the species.

No you cannot get Eevee moves from the Relearner, unfortunately. I'm not sure how Wish works exactly, but I think it uses the HP of the current Pokemon.

An Eevee Baton Pass team is definitely amusing. Sylveon is a pretty good Calm Minder, and Jolteon has Charge Beam, it could work. Does Aqua Ring pass through Baton Pass?

Yes.

Yes. In older games you didn't have to use baton pass (okay, the two times I tried without baton pass in this gen nothing happened, anyone like to confirm if I did it wrong).

Male Smeargle can get nearly every move (use the restaurant doubles battle?) so is a good egg move mule for the group it is in (guessing field considering Eevee)

Pachimari

Tried out Wondertrade for the first time.

Traded a lvl 6 Bunny-whatisitcalled Pokémon to a Tentacool. It had a Japanese name so I traded it again with Wondertrade and received a lvl. 20 Eevee. Pretty good trade but that too had a Japanese name.

So now I'll try to get rid of my lvl. 20 Eevee to anyone who wants it.

Tenck

Tried out Wondertrade for the first time.

Traded a lvl 6 Bunny-whatisitcalled Pokémon to a Tentacool. It had a Japanese name so I traded it again with Wondertrade and received a lvl. 20 Eevee. Pretty good trade but that too had a Japanese name.

So now I'll try to get rid of my lvl. 20 Eevee to anyone who wants it.

You know if you evolve it the name changes to whatever language your game is set to? Since Japanese names bother you that much, it's something you can probably look forward to if you want to keep it.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
You know if you evolve it the name changes to whatever language your game is set to? Since Japanese names bother you that much, it's something you can probably look forward to if you want to keep it.
Not if it was nicknamed though.

Wazzy

Banned
I'm sure one of us has one to spare.

Oh okay. If anyone has one that would be fantastic!

Quick question: If I get one off someone but I need to breed for a different nature/moves, how much chance is there of passing down their hidden ability? I'm going to be trying for Adamant or Jolly.

Breeded a 31/X/31/31/31/X Carbink just now thanks to dat Carbink giveaway. Sturdy, too.

I feel like I should stick with this but the non-perfect Speed is bothering me. I know that Carbink's Speed is abysmal but...but...

Fuck, I'll take it.

Anteo

Oh okay. If anyone has one that would be fantastic!

Quick question: If I get one off someone but I need to breed for a different nature/moves, how much chance is there of passing down their hidden ability? I'm going to be trying for Adamant or Jolly.

60% if it's a Female with the HA with a Male Dratini, or a Male with the HA with a ditto. 0% for everything else

McNum

Seems like I'll have to evolve another set of the ones I already have... I wish I had a good female Eevee.

I'll have to be sneaky here, I think. Maybe I CAN make a good Eevee to use as a base. I might not have an Eevee or Ditto in my safaris, but really, all I need is anything in the Field group to pull off the breeding trick. Than all I need in the end is bringing over the five perfect stats in a breeding with a female Eevee while getting Wish into it for the Vaporeon and probably Sylveon, too. Hmm, it would be quite a project, but it could work.

Would be quicker if I had an Eevee or Ditto safari, but eh, I can manage. I have a Mawile safari. Those breed with Eevees. Scarily enough.

So the plan would be something like this:

1. Breed a perfect male Mawile, except for Attack. I'll use the guide for that.
2. Evolve Togepi and have it learn Wish. Breed with Pikachu to get a male Pikachu with Wish.
3. Breed male Wish Pikachu with Female Eevee to get a female Eevee with Wish.
4. Breed perfect male Mawile with imperfect female Wish Eevee, to get a perfect Eevee with Wish.
5. Breed ALL the Eevees!

So, what six of the eight should I go for? Vaporeon, Jolteon, Sylveon, Espeon, Glaceon and...?

The troll in me says "Mega Aggron!" for the last slot. Just as a surprise. Actually, something decidedly NOT an Eevee would be amusing.

Neiteio

Breeded a 31/X/31/31/31/X Carbink just now thanks to dat Carbink giveaway. Sturdy, too.

I feel like I should stick with this but the non-perfect Speed is bothering me. I know that Carbink's Speed is abysmal but...but...

Fuck, I'll take it.
Spindashing... Do I need to give you the "who gives a shit about Carbink's speed" talk, too?

You're always going to go second with Carbink. With high speed, you might outpace like Mega Aggron or some shit. But it's so incredibly situational. Start having fun with your Carbink right now! You can always continue to breed later, if you wish, but take it from me: I have a perfect 31 in Speed and I virtually -always- go second.

Spindashing... Do I need to give you the "who gives a shit about Carbink's speed" talk, too?

You're always going to go second with Carbink. With high speed, you might outpace like Mega Aggron or some shit. But it's so incredibly situational. Start having fun with your Carbink right now! You can always continue to breed later, if you wish, but take it from me: I have a perfect 31 in Speed and I virtually -always- go second.

u__u I guess I've been too used to trying to get 5 31's.

I'll settle. You're right. Thanks.

QP3

Why do some people in the Passerby/Acquaintences screen look like in-game characters? Also some don't have hats (even on my friends list). Anyone know how?

DedValve

Banned

Fuck, I'll take it.

Don't you WANT a slow speed on carbink though? He'd make for a great trick room user.

chronosic

So is has anybody else tried breeding for synchronizers of every nature? I did a bout of ralts breeding last night and got 15 or so of the natures with synchronize so far. Maybe we could help eachother get the natures we don't have.

Top Bottom