• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Whoops, for a second there I forgot to pick a move for Reniculus.
I was wondering why nothing was happening.

I got some lucky freezes in that rematch :lol

That's a good opening, but once I knew what your second move was it wasn't quite as scary.

Those were some good matches.

CrimsonN0

I got some lucky freezes in that rematch :lol

That's a good opening, but once I knew what your second move was it wasn't quite as scary.

Those were some good matches.

Yeah, I've mostly just used this team on Battle Spot a couple times.
It was doing okay, but I wanted to do 6vs6.
And like you said, to see how it'd do against someone who knew what was going on.

One game, though, I actually managed to flinch both pokemon on the enemies side almost every single time with Rock Slide until Keckleon died.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah, I've mostly just used this team on Battle Spot a couple times.
It was doing okay, but I wanted to do 6vs6.
And like you said, to see how it'd do against someone who knew what was going on.

One game, though, I actually managed to flinch both pokemon on the enemies side almost every single time with Rock Slide until Keckleon died.

Oh god, thats evil

I will admit it was nice to see that my standard opening wasn't perfect, normally Glaceon just rolls guys or at least softens teams up. I also finally found a use for Mega Abomasnow: countering Trick Room teams. Normally the extended hail is more useful.

Tiamant

Hahaha I can't stop laughing. Turns out that motherfucking Linoone is the best counter to Mega Blaziken's classic protect + Speed Boost.

Just go for Belly Drum, which thanks to Gluttony activates the Salac Berry, then proceed to play rough on the face of that oversized chicken.

Starter rat 1 - Uber starter 0 BWAHAHAHA!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
To be fair you can say the same thing for azumarill. :p

Blazikens probably won't switch out on a linoone as much as they will from an azumarill though.

Tiamant

Yeah but does Azumarril adds the benefit of ABSOLUTE MEGA HUMILLIATION? I think not!

Besides, I'm sure not a lot of people are used to seeing Linoones online so they think "hey, free turn!". For me killing megas with shitty pokes is like a second metagame, it's the only good thing that megaevolutions have brought to me.

Antiwhippy

Oh yeah, definitely. I won't deny the awesomeness of killing blazikens with linoone.

That said, I really need to keep track of which pokemon can learn fairy moves. I always get blindsided by them, which is bad because I'm running so many dark types. :(

We have a friend safari thread, unless you've tried already and none of them have a drowzee.
There are 6 in the GAF spreadsheet (and it is slot 1 so I only need the people to add me), I had just hoped to finish off my pre-Pokebank Pokedex* (its about 8 species found in FS) purely using GTS. But it has made me realise I should prioritise using GTS for slot 3** and just add people for the slot 1 or 2.

*-Yep I've got Porygon and Entei and co from the Cafes...
**-And what do you Girafarig get...

Tiamant

Sigh, I should've gone for the scald instead of rain dance, GG! That Lucario seriously wrecks me, I need some kind of priority in my team :/

Antiwhippy

Yeah, scald would have killed me. I had roserade to back me up though.

GGs. I feel kinda bad just close combating to victory, but it works. :p

Tiamant

I don't know why I was expecting a switch to Roserade when Lucario can roflstomp me without hesitation. I can't wait to have my Typhlosion from BW2 back in my team to deal with these nasty steels!

Holmes

Jeez. Getting Relaxed nature and 0 Speed IVs on a Ferroseed has been such a pain, but now I've got one with Spikes and Stealth Rocks, just need to get a few more perfect stats and I'm done.

Accelgor is so cute when it releases those spikes.
Accelgor is really cute! But I don't understand why it's Shelmet who evolves into Accelgor, and Karrablast into Escavalier. I feel like it should be the other way around. Never understood that.

Antiwhippy

Man, thank god for priority. :p

I'm really not used to most modes outside of singles.

Also thank god for taunt to stop hydration vaporeon. >_> <_<

GGs man. First turn was brutal.

I'm actually surprised that magnezone didn't survive one fire blast from chandelure in the rain. Thought he would be bulkier than that?

Tiamant

GG!

All battle I was trying to use Accelgor's Guard Split on you but I guess it's only usefull against really bulky pokes, outside of that he was a dead weight.

I was scaried about Lucario but it turned out that Chandelure and Honchkrow wiped my team almost alone haha, I really need to start giving some bulk to my team.

Nah, I knew Magnezone was dead from the start. 90 sp. def isn't that great with 70 base HP.

Tiamant

Accelgor is really cute! But I don't understand why it's Shelmet who evolves into Accelgor, and Karrablast into Escavalier. I feel like it should be the other way around. Never understood that.

The way I understand it they change their shedding when they evolve so the knight-like shrimp turns into a kawai deadly ninja and the... bug...thing? turns into a... knight...thing?

NEO0MJ

I love the idea, personally. Karrablast grows tired of how vulnerable it is and steals a Shelmet's shell. Shelmet then decides to make use of its new condition without the heavy weight of the shell slowing it down to become the ninja it always dreamt it could be.

Holmes

Ooh, so Karrablast steals Shelmet's armour! That's actually pretty funny. I never really paid much attention to them, which is sad because they seem interesting enough. Escavalier just screams Trick Room attacker at first glance of its stats.

Antiwhippy

I feel that for trick room you need to have at least one of two fast sweepers when you can't make use of trick room.

CrimsonN0

I feel that for trick room you need to have at least one of two fast sweepers when you can't make use of trick room.

Yeah, Trick Room works a lot better in doubles.
Though, truthfully, at the moment I'm just trying out pretty much all the pokemon that I've trained.

Also, your Crawdaunt is sweeping my entire team.

EDIT: Want to try some double battles after I switch some.

Antiwhippy

Haha, yeah, I was seeing if I could get away with it when I saw that it even outped gallade. Aromatisse seems to be the best trick room setter that you have.

Also sure, I'll try doubles.

edit: ah whoops, guess we can try later?

NEO0MJ

This might be a heavy request but can someone send me a few pokemon, any pokemon holding Luxury balls with the moves false swipe and thunder wave/sleep powder/spore/yawn? The pokemon with the moves should be at max LV.30. I'm trying to capture snorlax in another game but because I don't have another 3DS I can't do this myself. I can grind a maison item for anyone that helps.

Edit: Caught it with my last luxury, and it has the ability thick fat! Will make breeding much easier, as they M/F ratio is really bad with Snorlax.

Did they tweak the accuracy on sleep powder? I feel like I haven't been missing it as much as I did before?

Accuracy is the same. I guess it's your luck.

Ooh, so Karrablast steals Shelmet's armour! That's actually pretty funny.

You never found it strange how they had to be traded together to evolve?

CrimsonN0

Taunt + sleep powder is a deadly combination against a trick room team.

GGs man.

Yeah, GG.

I can pretty much never deal with sleep attacks in any of my teams.
Also, your Crawdaunt pretty much KOs any of my Trick Room users,

Yeah, it's not a priority move. It only works if Greninja goes first on its speed alone.

Yeah, I somehow just didn't notice.
Probably because Greninja is pretty fast.
I guess priority just wasn't used on me before when I Mat Blocked.

spiritfox

Sigh. I want to run some new Pokemon but I can't choose who in my team to replace. At this point I almost want to remake my team again.

Sigh. I want to run some new Pokemon but I can't choose who in my team to replace. At this point I almost want to remake my team again.

I haven't really been replacing pokes so much as I have been switching mainstays between my three teams. I was running Bisharp / Mega-Mawile in the same team before because Intimidate + double dark STAB Sucker Punch isn't something people usually expect when they're trying to sweep and think they can just mow through Bisharp on the rebound.

I ultimately had to switch out Bisharp for Avalugg so I could have a Rapid Spinner, because Combusken gets screwed over otherwise.

Tirael

I haven't really been replacing pokes so much as I have been switching mainstays between my three teams. I was running Bisharp / Mega-Mawile in the same team before because Intimidate + double dark STAB Sucker Punch isn't something people usually expect when they're trying to sweep and think they can just mow through Bisharp on the rebound.

I ultimately had to switch out Bisharp for Avalugg so I could have a Rapid Spinner, because Combusken gets screwed over otherwise.

What's the deal with Combusken over Blaziken?

What's the deal with Combusken over Blaziken?

Showdown rules where Blaziken is in Ubers. After a Speed Boost buff, Combusken can outrun pretty much everything with max investment anyway. I'm running Protect / Reversal / Focus Energy / Baton Pass to pass some much-needed speed and crithax boosts over to Scope Lens Kingdra, who can then proceed to not only outrun nearly everything in the metagame after two boosts, but get guaranteed Sniper crits on everything. Clear Smog can kill fairies and also completely shut down enemy sweepers that are beefing themselves up, for example Dragonite.

Wichu

Does anybody have a good male Smeargle? I have a bunch of 4-5 IV Pokémon I'd trade for a similar-IV Smeargle.

EDIT: Never mind, GTS to the rescue. Thank you random stranger.

spiritfox

These Drilburs just do not want to cooperate. A whole bunch of 5 IVs, all of them with max SpA, while always missing either HP or SpD. Didn't help that I had a chain of 6 non-HA hatches. None of my other Pokemon were so troublesome.

Holmes

Omastar is the best.
2196.gif

Sigmaah

These Drilburs just do not want to cooperate. A whole bunch of 5 IVs, all of them with max SpA, while always missing either HP or SpD. Didn't help that I had a chain of 6 non-HA hatches. None of my other Pokemon were so troublesome.

Need a 5v drillbur? I got all abilities 5v drillbur :> VULPIX THO?

Top Bottom