• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

NEO0MJ

I'm using it mostly for Choice Scarf U-Turn right now, with Earthquake/Dragon Claw for STAB, and Stone Edge cause Steel Wing is kinda weak and Superpower does not really cover any types other than Ice (but I have Fire types for them). He lacks good setup moves like DD so he can't really be a sweeper, but he can harrass and revenge kill well with his speed, and Levitate is always nice to avoid quakes.

A shame it can't learn dragon dance, it needed it more than any other dragon. Right now I feel that Noivern is a better revenge killer because it's already faster than most Pokemon, but I might find some way to use it.

MegaMelon

So Korea is getting the shiny genesect event later this month. I'll punch a kitten if we don't get it
ofcourse I won't actually

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You know for a team mostly assembled from my trades (roserade being something I've bred and wanted to breed, plus my shiny chandelure) the team I have now is doing surprisingly well, especially seeing that I have 3 dark types.

Roserade and tyranitar are one hell of a defensive core, and crawdaunt, lucario, honchkrow and chandelure can sweep once they get their thing going. Which is somewhat easy to do with residual damage from spikes + stealth rocks as well as sleep powder.

Antiwhippy

I'm seriously contemplating making an all flying team.

I also want to use fearow, but that will depend on if I can breed focus energy on him this gen, which hopefully I can get with swellow. Nothing ventured nothing gained, eh?

JoeM86

The latest guide confirmed a load of new egg moves. Among others:

Bergmite gets Barrier
Klefki gets Switcheroo
Drifloon gets Tailwind
Escavalier gets Drill Run
Hawlucha gets Mud Sport
Dedenne gets Natural Gift

There's many others too, though mostly just reconfirmations of ones that older Pokémon had but are currently unavailable. I'm currently coding an algorithm to grab a list of all Pokémon that have brand new egg moves like Drifloon/Karrablast.

You guys know where to go for them :)

Usobuko

Banned
I'm seriously contemplating making an all flying team.

Can try Hawlucha. Give it Speed and HP EVs. Let it learn Feather Dance and Roost, coupled with Rocky Helm as item. Play BattleSpot 3v3. Most physical attackers, including notorious M.Kangaskhan will cry.

Very gimmicky though but hilarious when you pull off.

JoeM86

Hmm, just in time! No focus energy on fearow I guess, but it's awesome that drifloon gets tailwind.

Well it did get it as a tutor move last gen, but now it can happily be bred across :)

I'm rather intrigued that Drifloon can still get Defog as an Egg Move. I did some testing with my database to get the chain, and the only way to get it is the ridiculous following path

Teach it Defog in DPt. Trade it to HGSS. Transfer to BW. Transfer to XY. Breed. It's the only way. Unless some of the 122 unavailable Pokémon have it as a move now, that's the only way it can get that move.

Antiwhippy

I'm gonna use hawlucha, but I'm gonna use an unburden set. Really tempted to run featherdance on a prankster murkrow though.

Usobuko

Banned
Teach it Defog in DPt. Trade it to HGSS. Transfer to BW. Transfer to XY. Breed. It's the only way. Unless some of the 122 unavailable Pokémon have it as a move now, that's the only way it can get that move.

This sounds like a pain in the ass for Togekiss Defog too. Especially when I don't have DP, BW etc.

JoeM86

This sounds like a pain in the ass for Togekiss Defog too. Especially when I don't have DP, BW etc.

There are some even more brutal Egg Move chains. Assuming some unobtainable Pokémon still have it as their Egg Move, here is how you may be able get Wide Guard on Honedge/Doublage/Aegislash, which got confirmed in the guide too

Mantine/Tirtouga/Carracosta/Alomomola > Mudkip > Turtwig > Paras(? - Only thing I can think of to pass it) > Dwebble > Honedge

This is the only way I can see it being obtained, especially since Dwebble just got it as an Egg Move, too, and so would Paras if it does get it. If not, I'm at a loss as to who it can be passed to and how Honedge can get it.

Huh, really? I can't find any information about it.

What do you mean?

Holmes

Is there anything about Inkay getting Sucker Punch or Pawniard getting Knock Off as egg moves?

Speaking of which, I'd love to get a Bisharp with Knock Off, but breeding in B2W2 without the Destiny Knot and 1 IV Dittos sounds like a pain.

Wichu

Is there anything about Inkay getting Sucker Punch or Pawniard getting Knock Off as egg moves?

Speaking of which, I'd love to get a Bisharp with Knock Off, but breeding in B2W2 without the Destiny Knot and 1 IV Dittos sounds like a pain.

Nope, those moves were already tested and they didn't inherit them.

Yeah, you can't breed as easily in previous gens. On the other hand, you can abuse the RNG to get what you want ;)
You can either RNG a perfect wild Pawniard straight off, or if you want egg moves, you can RNG eggs (easier in BW1).

Oh, and Joe, you should add the new egg moves to the Attackdex - they're not there yet.

JoeM86

Nope, those moves were already tested and they didn't inherit them.

Yeah, you can't breed as easily in previous gens. On the other hand, you can abuse the RNG to get what you want ;)
You can either RNG a perfect wild Pawniard straight off, or if you want egg moves, you can RNG eggs (easier in BW1).

Oh, and Joe, you should add the new egg moves to the Attackdex - they're not there yet.

Oops. Forgot to run the compiler. Done

Antiwhippy

She has those pincer like things, which could look like wings.

God, I wish leavanny was in this game. Mostly because swadloon is so cute.

L.O.R.D

Finally..my poster is complete

odf2IqJ.jpg

i didn't plan on all those Zygarde, but getting them is very easy on GTS

1- first, you may consider breeding a will trained with 4 IV at least pokemon
and for best result , you should consider a good pokemon, like froakie , gengar , any dragon pokemon

2- put two pokemon on day care and go to the center of Lumiose city and put something very thin like a peace of card under the circle pad
after 12-15 hours , your pokemon should be at level 80-90
also, put the same gender or pokemon with different egg group so they can level up fast and not have any eggs , don't forget to evolve them in time

3- after you get them out of the day care and put them on GTS,you should put a note of this pokemon have a good IV
you could lie, but that make you EVIL

as i mention before, Zygarde is very easy to get, i put Hydreigon level 92, after 3 min, i remember to edit the note, and i found its been taken

xerneas and yveltal is also some how easy, you wait 6-8 hours, some times 1 day to get one

zapdos , articuno and moltres is very hard to get
maybe people had hard time to catch them

i found one of the yveltal i have in master ball, i guess some people don't care about it

Mumups

I just bred a few tyrunts with poison, ice, thunder and fire fangs.

Do I want to teach them crunch later on? If I do, what fang do I forget?

Bulbasaur

Banned
I finally bred my team, trying to be competitive but using pokes I dig more so than the super competitive ones you see all the time.

Ninjask, Ninetails, Donphan, Sawsbuck, Umbreon, Greninja.

I think I have my all bases covered? Any advice/comments would be appreciated.

DaBoss

The latest guide confirmed a load of new egg moves. Among others:

Bergmite gets Barrier
Klefki gets Switcheroo
Drifloon gets Tailwind
Escavalier gets Drill Run
Hawlucha gets Mud Sport
Dedenne gets Natural Gift

There's many others too, though mostly just reconfirmations of ones that older Pokémon had but are currently unavailable. I'm currently coding an algorithm to grab a list of all Pokémon that have brand new egg moves like Drifloon/Karrablast.

You guys know where to go for them :)
So is there a list with only new egg moves?

NEO0MJ

I just bred a few tyrunts with poison, ice, thunder and fire fangs.

Do I want to teach them crunch later on? If I do, what fang do I forget?

Crunch is its strongest move, it does the same damage as a stab dragon claw but has better coverage. If you had to drop anything I suggest dropping Poison Fang.

Korosenai

Since this new guide is out in Japan, does that mean it also has Goodra's official art in it? Because I need to see its official art.

JoeM86

Previous, but yea. Thanks, I'm really interested in seeing that.

Sorry, VGX has embedded "next gen" in my head by its repeated over-misuse.

I'll have that list up for you tomorrow

For Kalos Pokémon, however, I added:

Inkay Line: Flatter
Honedge line: Destiny Bond, Wide Guard
Amaura line: Barrier
Hawlucha: Mud Sport
Dedenne: Natural Gift
Klefki: Switcheroo
Bergmite Line: Barrier

Bergmite with Barrier seems a little redundant. Anyways, is there a full list anywhere of all new egg moves? It'd be easier for me to check and see what's available on teams as opposed to hunting and pecking for OU dudes in the dex.

So, any half-decent sheer force Nidoran males lying around? Something aimed towards special attacker. Certainly not asking for 5iv or anything crazy like that.

EDIT: Friend safari would also work, of course.

Holmes

What!? So Escavalier can now run Megahorn, Iron Head, Drill Run and Knock Off? Beast. Who do Karrablast inherit Drill Run from? Please don't tell me I have to wait 20 more days.

rac

Banned
So the only way to get some egg moves is to breed with pokemon from previous gens? That's really annoying especially for people who don't own those games.

Top Bottom