• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Since it's pretty much confirmed that I am moving to Japan now, does anyone know if I can use my North American Pokemon X to get Japanese Pokemon XY event Pokes?

Though on the other hand I'm going to miss out on non-wifi North American retailer pokes. =/

Well also remember that BW/B2W2 take place in UNOVA, aka Pokemon's rendition of the United States of America.

Anyone know if there are and which ones are the terribly offensive/insensitive Francais Pokemon for Kalos/XY?

Congrats on the move! I went to Japan for vacation back in November and I can tell you that at Pokemon Centers there is a notice that says downloads are only for Japanese Pokemon games. Sorry, man. :/

Oh, and if you're interested in the Pokemon Center at all, it mostly focuses on the newer stuff. I was looking for figures of the team I want to use and had to end up getting Lucario and Togekiss on the Internet.

lupinko

Wi-Fi ones might be locked, but local distros aren't locked I believe.

Congrats on the move! I went to Japan for vacation back in November and I can tell you that at Pokemon Centers there is a notice that says downloads are only for Japanese Pokemon games. Sorry, man. :/

Oh, and if you're interested in the Pokemon Center at all, it mostly focuses on the newer stuff. I was looking for figures of the team I want to use and had to end up getting Lucario and Togekiss on the Internet.

Thanks!

I'll probably buy a Japanese 3DS anyway, and will double dip on future Pokemon games, e.g. Pokemon X NA, Pokemon Y JP, and so forth.

Wichu

ihq0fR2aQPIY6.png

FABULOUS~

EDIT:
ibchtZW7ly6PwI.png

This Miiverse thing is pretty fun.

Holmes

A Timid Ampharos with 252 speed EVs can probably outspeed quite a bit after an Agility, but those EVs are probably better spent enhancing its bulk instead.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
WTF I just got a horde of Sevipers and one Zangoose. Joining forces just to fight me?

A Timid Ampharos with 252 speed EVs can probably outspeed quite a bit after an Agility, but those EVs are probably better spent enhancing its bulk instead.

I bred like three of them so I can try out multiple builds. Granted, Sticky Web is a necessity if you want to outrun some things.

i have a ton of adamant shellders with skill link (and rock blast)

most of them should have about 4IVs (i wish i had marked which had which before i put them away)

Mr Swine

Banned
Hmm can someone please confirm to me that the latest firmware for 3DS boosted the frame rate for pokemon in 2D mode? Feels like its a lot smoother...

Edit: either way, where do you get geodude?

Wichu

Hmm can someone please confirm to me that the latest firmware for 3DS boosted the frame rate for pokemon in 2D mode? Feels like its a lot smoother...

Edit: either way, where do you get geodude?

Smash some rocks. It's also found in Victory Road in hordes.

My latest Miiverse drawing (image link because of unrevealed Pokémon spoiler). With the Sableye and Mega Ampharos drawings I did earlier, I guess I just like drawing Pokémon with gems on their bodies :p

EDIT: Crap, just noticed a mistake. Time to redo it.

Hey does anyone have any of the following for the Friend Safari? I was a bit behind on everyone else to getting to the Elite Four so I kind of missed out when everyone else was adding everyone... I'm sick of dealing with the little kids on Serebii too. I have Beautifly, Heracross, and Combee. These are all I have left to finish off my Dex...

Bug: Beautifly
Dark: Nuzleaf, Vullaby, Cacturne
Fairy: Togepi
Electric: Luxio
Fighting: Mankey, Breloom
Fire: Ponyta, Magmar, Larvesta, Ninetails
Flying: Tropius, Tranquill
Ghost: Spiritomb
Grass: Tangela, Swadloon, Maractus
Ground: Phanpy, Gastrodon
Poison: Cascoon
Psychic: Xatu
Ice: Spheal, Dewgong
Steel: Metang, Klang, Bronzong, Excadrill

Hey does anyone have any of the following for the Friend Safari? I was a bit behind on everyone else to getting to the Elite Four so I kind of missed out when everyone else was adding everyone... I'm sick of dealing with the little kids on Serebii too. I have Beautifly, Heracross, and Combee. These are all I have left to finish off my Dex...

I don't have any of those in my safari, but if I could give you advice on how to complete your dex... What I did was breed Chanseys to obtain a bunch of Happinys. Then I put those Happinys on GTS for what I wanted. I got a hit quickly virtually every time.

I can trade you some of those too if you have any 4-5 IV pokemon or HA pokemon.

Holmes

All I want is a female Abra to breed. Two batches later, 10 male Abras. Same shit happened with Slowpoke, when all I wanted was a male one. Three batches later and I had 15 females.

edit: Next batch had 4 males. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm bye.

Woah! I was playing the Wonder Trade lotto since I restarted my file. (Getting all the starters before I jump into a real playthrough!) I got a Lv. 1 Klefki with Iron Defense! A quick google search told me that was a very good thing, and fighting my first trainer battle with it was a war of attrition. (Curse Zigazagoon and its Growl! >_<)

This thing is a freaking TANK! I've never been a fan of stat-boost moves, but when I can face opponents that are 4 levels above me and reduce their damage to 1 HP, that's pretty darn amazing in my book!

Growlie19

Mine has a Tropius along with Farfetch'd and Swanna if you want to add me. I could also trade you many of the other missing mons, unless you only want them to have your OT. PM or reply if you're interested.

In other news, I found a shiny Mankey hunting in a Fighting Safari. It has a perfect HP and Special Attack with an Impish nature, so pretty sucky stats. At least it has Defiant. Oh well, a shiny's a shiny.

Holmes

Yas! A Hidden Power Ice Abra! The bad news is that its Speed isn't perfect (31/xx/31/31/31/xx), but with a Timid nature and 252 Speed EVs, it'll still outrun literally most things anyway. And HP Ice is so worth it!

Yas! A Hidden Power Ice Abra! The bad news is that its Speed isn't perfect (31/xx/31/31/31/xx), but with a Timid nature and 252 Speed EVs, it'll still outrun literally most things anyway. And HP Ice is so worth it!

Thank goodness I have a Ditto with 30s IV in Defense. Makes breeding for HP Ice much more manageable.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Damn Mareep, I've been at it most of the day and can't get the one I want. I just want you to have 4IVs perfect and all you give me is one or two.

Top Bottom