• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

I made a thread, but no one really posted in it, so I'll ask this here:

I had a 3DS XL where I had all my games and save data on and I decided to give this one to my mom, since I didn't really play all that much. However, now I want to buy a 3DS XL and transfer all my stuff over from that 3DS XL to a new one. The problem is that my mom plays Pokemon Y a lot on my old 3DS XL. Will her save data get transferred over to my 3DS XL? Or is the save data stored on the cartridge and it won't be affected by the system transfer?

Someone said that the save data is on stored on the cart, so does that mean that everything will be fine on the old 3DS XL?

I made a thread, but no one really posted in it, so I'll ask this here:

I had a 3DS XL where I had all my games and save data on and I decided to give this one to my mom, since I didn't really play all that much. However, now I want to buy a 3DS XL and transfer all my stuff over from that 3DS XL to a new one. The problem is that my mom plays Pokemon Y a lot on my old 3DS XL. Will her save data get transferred over to my 3DS XL? Or is the save data stored on the cartridge and it won't be affected by the system transfer?

Someone said that the save data is on stored on the cart, so does that mean that everything will be fine on the old 3DS XL?
Battle videos and patch data are stored on the SD card. Everything else is on the cart AFAIK.

If I were to change evasion mechanics, I would make it a multiplicative thing instead of an additive effect (like it is now). Basically it would modify any existing chance of missing instead of making a chance of miss from nothing.

From one use of Double Team
100% moves are still 100%
90% moves become 87%
80% moves become 73%
70% becomes 60%

And so on. It would be a nerf to making the game too luck based but have a niche in improving chances to avoid a move that's already prone to missing.

Nobody really uses evasion as it is now, there's no point in nerfing it.

upandaway

Oh.. ooooh..! I.. just realized something really cool. But it's something that needs gen 5 tutoring...

Dangit! I can't go back to gen 5 breeding. Why are you doing this to me GF

Tiamant

If I teach a pokemon from BW a move tutor attack and then transfer it to XY, can I breed that poke and keep the tutor attack or do I have to breed completely at BW and then transfer?

If I teach a pokemon from BW a move tutor attack and then transfer it to XY, can I breed that poke and keep the tutor attack or do I have to breed completely at BW and then transfer?

I want to know the answer to this myself.

Hyper Voice Mega Gardevoir needs to exist...

upandaway

Well it's something that you can't really prove right now, right? Since the moves aren't available.

Praying to god that all tutor moves are also egg moves.

backlot

Well it's something that you can't really prove right now, right? Since the moves aren't available.

Praying to god that all tutor moves are also egg moves.

Some Pokemon do have parents available now that could pass down previous tutor moves if they were egg moves. It doesn't seem to work though.

Velcro Fly

Just upgraded to an XL.

Guess now I should look around for a cheap copy of Y so that I can trade with myself like I did when I was a kid with Gen 1 and 2!

Usobuko

Banned
Personally, I still find Hawlucha the best looking Gen 6 Pokemon. Greninja is the runner up and Noivern / Dragalge tied for third place.

macklelol

About 5 weeks ago, I started my journey to getting a shiny Murkrow, and today, that journey finally ends:
d6L9AsR.jpg

It was more like 5 days but it took me several weeks to get around to it lol

Ultimadrago

About 5 weeks ago, I started my journey to getting a shiny Murkrow, and today, that journey finally ends:

Yeah, I remember you talking about getting one quite a while back. Congrats

Muku

Hope this is right place... but not sure where else to go.

I know at select Toys R Us and Pokemon Centers in Japan, they're giving out Christmas Pokemon. Scyther (with Metal Coat) and Haunter. It started yesterday, but was curious if anyone here has gone with a foreign copy (non-Japanese) of the game and been able to get them? I have my hopes pretty low since today is only second day, but thinking of going to to Pokemon Center tomorrow. Was hoping to know before I had my dreams dashed tomorrow. I only have my hopes up because I've read that the Inkay (only at new Pokemon Center for moment but soon will be given out at the other ones) was region free.

Firestorm

http://www.twitch.tv/NYCElite4

I've been watching this for a bit and I have to say that Doubles is incredibly entertaining to watch. It's my first time watching a Pokemon livestream too. I don't know if I could ever see myself playing Doubles, but it's pretty cool.
Back forgot to link that in here today as I was at a TCG tournament. There will be a streamed tournament in Chicago next Saturday as well on http://twitch.tv/nuggetbridge with top Midwest talent.

PK Gaming

I have two questions. What's a good build for a Crobat? What is better for Rotom W, modest or calm?

It depends on the format but...

Crobat should always be Jolly natured. From that point, you can experiment. Brave Bird / Roost / Taunt / U-turn is probably its best universal movesset. Super Fang is & Toxic are the good secondary move options, and are ideally used over U-turn.

Rotom-W should either use Modest or Bold. (Preferably Bold for stupid strong physical attackers, especially if you play 3v3). There isn't much of a reason to use Calm Rotom-W, currently.

Spinluck

Does the chaining thing with the Poke Radar really work?

I feel like would always walk into the wrong shaky grass.

golbat.gif

Golbat @ Eviolite
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Brave Bird
- Cross Poison
- Curse
- Roost

I WILL MAKE THIS WORK, DAMMIT

Wichu

Hi guys! Cross-posting from the trading post thread for visibility.

I have OCEAN and High Plains Vivillon available for trade.

Please see my full request details here.

I am open to other Pokemon in trade for Vivillon but would really like to complete the collection. Please PM me. Thanks everyone!

PMed.

EDIT: Had this encounter:

Whoah! A horde of Spinda appeared!
Go, Salamence!
<Salamence's Intimidate>
The wild Spinda's attack fell!
The wild Spinda's attack rose!

Go home Spinda, you're drunk.

Ah wonder trade, finally got a speed boost venipede. Also a Numel nicknamed banana and Japanese Pansear (I have the rest of this set in Japanese).

Now to get my boxes ready for 30-something Dittos to be GTS fodder for Pokebank (and get upset that Japanese people are busy getting Mewtwos for their Mudkips so are not interested in your 2IV Ditto...). Also continued clean-up of boxes such as the Eevee box...of the 30 I only need to keep one, the 4IV male with egg moves, hopefully the HA female (thank goodness for cute charm) in luxury ball (this does boost the hatched Pokemon happiness in the same way, right) is a good compliment.

Jaeger

Just got X a few days ago, and 0I traded for a Mewtwo ASAP. He's really the major Pokemon that I just have to have. Now I'm learning about th ehundreds of Pokemon I know nothing about, and finding new favs to add.

So much fun. So many nostalgia-bombas.

Just beat Korrina for my badgy. About to hit up the Tower.

Korosenai

It depends on the format but...

Crobat should always be Jolly natured. From that point, you can experiment. Brave Bird / Roost / Taunt / U-turn is probably its best universal movesset. Super Fang is & Toxic are the good secondary move options, and are ideally used over U-turn.

Rotom-W should either use Modest or Bold. (Preferably Bold for stupid strong physical attackers, especially if you play 3v3). There isn't much of a reason to use Calm Rotom-W, currently.

Crobat is also the fastest Defogger if you want to use him for that.
I think I am going to use a Defog Crobat. Would infiltrator be the best ability for it? And if I did use defog, what would be the best moveset for it?

Wichu

Wow, my Unaware Quagsire actually lost a setup war. I don't know what to believe any more.

My opponent led with Absol, while I started with Carbink. I started with a Reflect rather than Stealth Rock, since I thought he might go Mega. As predicted, Absol Mega Evolved and put up a Substitute.
I switched in Quagsire to set up, while Absol Swords Danced. Quagsire got in a few Curses while Absol got to +6. I expected him to attack me at this point, but he Baton Passed. No matter, Quagsire will just ignore the boosts anyway...

He passed to Mold Breaker Pangoro. Well, fuck. At least I have some defense boosts and Reflect so I should be able to easily get to +6 myself, with Recover support.

Pangoro used Storm Throw. WHY.

Top Bottom