• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Wichu

I can't find my GameCube. I left it at my parents' house and it's vanished. I hope they've just put it in the loft :(

The reason is because I want to transfer some Pokémon up from Sapphire (gotta do something special for my Swampert's 10th birthday), and they're all on my GC memory card (Pokémon Box R/S). I think I have a backup of the memory card, so they're not lost forever no matter what, but I sure hope I can find my copy of Box :p

EDIT: If it comes down to it, I could just extract the data from the memory card dump and insert it into one of my DS saves.

If you're willing to wait I think I can hatch you one. Not asking for anything in return but if you have any breeding leftovers can you tell me what they are?

I can wait some. I (still) have quit a few 31/31/31/x/31/31 Naive riolu with High Jump Kick. I don't have much left besides that, I've been handing them all out.

NEO0MJ

I can wait some. I (still) have quit a few 31/31/31/x/31/31 Naive riolu with High Jump Kick. I don't have much left besides that, I've been handing them all out.

I'll take one! Give me a couple of minutes to hatch one. My trainer name is Neo0MJ, I think I still have you on my friend list.

Andrefpvs

I can get you one tonight after 4cst if you still need one. Would be willing to trade one with Shell Smash, Spore, Sub, Baton Pass for something with 5 or 6 IV

Hi, apologies, I should have specified I don't really have anything valuable to give in return since I haven't started breeding yet, I'm just looking for the ability.

If no one has a crappy spare one I'll just get my Moody Smeargle from White 2 when Poké Bank opens :)

But thanks anyway!

joelseph

I can get you just a throwaway one with the ability tonight if needed. A regular in this thread has the SFC for it, forgetting who at the moment.

Andrefpvs

I can get you just a throwaway one with the ability tonight if needed. A regular in this thread has the SFC for it, forgetting who at the moment.

Thanks, that would be really appreciated. My FC is 2852-7757-0580

And yes, ideally it'd be best to get someone with a Smeargle safari, but the people on the spreadsheet haven't been online to answer my friend requests.

Korosenai

Does anyone have a 3+ iv Pinsir with its egg moves? I have a 5 iv Zubat with defog and brave bird that I can give in return.

I have some other stuff too, but ive just been breeding zubats lately.

NEO0MJ

Does anyone have a 3+ iv Pinsir with its egg moves? I have a 5 iv Zubat with defog and brave bird that I can give in return.

I have some other stuff too, but ive just been breeding zubats lately.

I can breed you one with close Combat and Quick Attack if that's good for you. Does ability matter?

Scoot2005

Banned
I would start over Y, but only after Bank comes :B

I haven't started Y lol. I got X at launch. I'm going through Dream Team atm.

I always played with experience share on and just steamrolled the entirety of X so that's why I'm thinking about deleting the file. It got kind of boring.

joelseph

I haven't started Y lol. I got X at launch. I'm going through Dream Team atm.

I always played with experience share on and just steamrolled the entirety of X so that's why I'm thinking about deleting the file. It got kind of boring.

You should trade off the exclusive megastones before restarting.

Did a couple battles in the new Special Format. I basically took 6 5V mons I had, slapped Protect on 5 of them, and went for it.

I suspect the Dan guy from NY I faced was a Nugget Bridger, and I think the JoeJ M guy I faced is also one (Much surer of the second one). I somehow managed to win the second one thanks to my Gogoat's Overheat-dodging ability. XP

I need to finish making a real team, but that was really fun! That and change that Surf to a Hydro Pump. That was kind of a "Oh FUCK I forgot to fix that!" moment.

ugoo18

Random question but does this sound like a viable setup?

Xatu (Holding a Focus Sash) leads and uses Trick Room, followed by U-turn to bring out Carbink. Carbink then sets up Light Screen, Reflect and Stealth Rock. Leaving one turn of Trick room left for Toxic or whatever other move my Carbink has.

After which i proceed with whatever else i plan using Cloyster, Garchomp, Greninja and Florges.

Holmes

Xatu (Holding a Focus Sash) leads and uses Trick Room, followed by U-turn to bring out Carbink. Carbink then sets up Light Screen, Reflect and Stealth Rock. Leaving one turn of Trick room left for Toxic or whatever other move my Carbink has.

After which i proceed with whatever else i plan using Cloyster, Garchomp, Greninja and Florges.

I wouldn't waste a Trick Room for Carbink, but that's just me. Plus Xatu might die instead of actually pulling off the U-Turn due to the Trick Room, so... I dunno. Kind of a waste all around.

ugoo18

I wouldn't waste a Trick Room for Carbink, but that's just me. Plus Xatu might die instead of actually pulling off the U-Turn due to the Trick Room, so... I dunno. Kind of a waste all around.

My current method is just to lead with Carbink and hope it lives long enough to at least setup a Light Screen and Reflect.

Admittedly the Xatu entry sounds more like it would be better for doubles than singles.

backlot

Carbink doesn't really gain anything by moving first to set up all those moves. Seems like you're just wasting a team slot on having Xatu sacrifice most of his health to set up Trick Room for no reason.

NEO0MJ

My current method is just to lead with Carbink and hope it lives long enough to at least setup a Light Screen and Reflect.

Admittedly the Xatu entry sounds more like it would be better for doubles than singles.

It's a waste, why give trick room to Carbink? Especially if you plan on having it stay for so many turns.

Carbink doesn't really gain anything by moving first to set up all those moves. Seems like you're just wasting a team slot on having Xatu sacrifice most of his health to set up Trick Room for no reason.

Yeah. It would be better to pass the trick room to a slow sweeper like Crawdaunt or mega- Abomasnow.

ugoo18

It's a waste, why give trick room to Carbink? Especially if you plan on having it stay for so many turns.

Yeah. It would be better to pass the trick room to a slow sweeper like Crawdaunt or mega- Abomasnow.

Fair enough, i thought giving trick room to Carbink would ensure it stays for longer since it would most likely get both Light Screen and Reflect out if it was going first as opposed to getting either Light Screen or Reflect out.

backlot

Fair enough, i thought giving trick room to Carbink would ensure it stays for longer since it would most likely get both Light Screen and Reflect out if it was going first as opposed to getting either Light Screen or Reflect out.

You could get a Klefki or Meowstic to set up screens before your opponent attacks them without needing to set up Trick Room first.

Its not until you go back to the older games that you appreciate how much better the PC is in Gen VI. The search function (highlight Pokemon of certain types) and how quick it is to switch boxes and move things...

The worst thing is it might be weeks or never that I get to transfer anything making the chore of playing the old games worse (I've not even got to the point of the Gen V transfer minigame...and I have got a few pal parks to go in Gen IV plus Saphire to finish for Kyogre...currently at Gym 4...oh crud, the Lati...whatever too).

Top Bottom