• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Can you retrieve Pokemon found on X/Y from Pokebank to your B/W game? Or is it only a one-way thing?

It's one way only.

Q: If I transfer my Pokémon from Pokémon Black, Pokémon White, Pokémon Black 2, or Pokémon White 2 to Pokémon Bank using Poké Transporter, can I later move them back to those games?

A: No, that is not possible. Pokémon moved to your online Boxes using Poké Transporter cannot be returned to Pokémon Black, Pokémon White, Pokémon Black 2, or Pokémon White 2.

Makes sense since that's what happened in all previous transferring. From my understanding, whenever we transfer, it makes a copy of the data and moves it to a new game, while deleting the old. Like if you have something on your desktop and you "Cut" it and paste it into a new folder somewhere else.
Although, you can continuously put pokemon in and out of the Bank from XY though. And I would assume they're going to use this in the forseeable future for newer titles.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Super Doubles is pretty susceptible to weather teams. I made it to 50 with a hail team that wasn't even properly bred, I beat a team of all legendaries to get 50 but got wrecked by team 51. Just keep in mind that your back line should be the counter to what can counter your front line, while still being able to take advantage of your chose weather.
Oh, this was ages ago, and it was a weather team that failed me. I reverted to using an altered Super Singles team and crushed it on my first try.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Oh, this was ages ago, and it was a weather team that failed me. I reverted to using an altered Super Singles team and crushed it on my first try.

Really? What weather? I was thinking of trying out a rain team next. I'd need to get my hands on a drizzle Politoad though...

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Really? What weather? I was thinking of trying out a rain team next. I'd need to get my hands on a drizzle Politoad though...
It was a rain team, but my issue was that I didn't carry anything that deviated from my core mechanic of utilizing the rain through Surfs, Water Absorbs, Storm Drains and whatnot. In hindsight, a foolish mistake.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It was a rain team, but my issue was that I didn't carry anything that deviated from my core mechanic of utilizing the rain through Surfs, Water Absorbs, Storm Drains and whatnot. In hindsight, a foolish mistake.

Yea that'll do it.

Oh you wouldn't happen to have a HA Poliwag leftover from breeding for that team would you?

L.O.R.D

that strange
i have 4IV Protean timied Froakie and made him hold everstone
half of the time his children is torrent and the other half is Protean

am i doing something wrong ?

SeZMehK

I've got 77 more pokemon to get before I can fully complete the dex. Of the 77, 44 are legendaries and 33 are not. Getting there. Hopefully I can also have a living pokedex in the bank once it is released... >.>

daripad

I have noticed that I don't have Encore on my 6 IV cottonee :'(. Could someone lend me a Cottonee with Encore? I just need it to breed another Cottonee, I'll give it back to you afterwards.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
The Fairy Gym was pretty tough. It took me 3 tries to beat the leader.

Jaeger

Elgyem is amazing, it can just about get you any non legendary that's existed in the series on GTS within five or so minutes or less. It can even get you some legendaries (Managed to get a Rayquaza and a Ho-Oh with the little guy) but this takes longer and you have to add in Pokerus and some decent IV's for that.

I'm pretty sure i'll complete my national dex just of the back of this one Pokemon lol.

Good stuff. I'm working my way on the GTS no myself with him. I would like to end up scoring a Deoxys by the end of the night (crosses fingers)!

uberluigi

Banned
Last time I played Pokemon was Blue version and this new version looks really fun, is it too late for me to start playing and which version should I get first?

ugoo18

Good stuff. I'm working my way on the GTS no myself with him. I would like to end up scoring a Deoxys by the end of the night (crosses fingers)!

Deoxys can't be aquired on the GTS unfortunately (At least i don't think it can).

It's one of the Non-GTS Pokebank Legendaries.

Hot DAMN. I should have stayed quiet. Look what I landed after 20 eggs.

BcsreLdIcAAuMJ_.jpg:small

And guess what? The stats are perfect! 31/31/31/X/31/31!

one_kill

Last time I played Pokemon was Blue version and this new version looks really fun, is it too late for me to start playing and which version should I get first?
Never too late.

I recommend going straight to XY since you can get most non-legendary Pokemon via GTS with no real problem.

You can also start with BW and BW2 and then play XY since you'll be able to transfer Pokemon from those games to the Bank.

From experience, it's quite disorienting to play BW or BW2 after playing XY.

ugoo18

Never too late.

I recommend going straight to XY since you can get most non-legendary Pokemon via GTS with no real problem.

You can also start with BW and BW2 and then play XY since you'll be able to transfer Pokemon from those games to the Bank.

It's even worse if you try HeartGold or SoulSilver after playing XY.

uberluigi

Banned
Never too late.

Whats the difference between x and y ?

Jaeger

Can I get an Elgyem too? I've got some 5v swinubs, chimchars, and rotoms.

I got tons of Elgyem's.

Deoxys can't be aquired on the GTS unfortunately (At least i don't think it can).

It's one of the Non-GTS Pokebank Legendaries.

I saw a few that were acquired through GTS (I think) on YT/IG.

Although I could be wrong... lol They may have just snagged that off the Bank/Transporter.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Although I could be wrong... lol They may have just snagged that off the Bank/Transporter.

That vid is shady as all hell, lol. They skip half of the steps to view the deoxys in question, haha.

Ill add you. Trying to clone right now, so it will be about 15 minutes if that's ok.

Totally fine.

I'll dig up that list, it's probably a ways back at this point.

Edit:

Lashley
FSLink
Tiamant (Offers)
Ohkay
ugoo18
Anbec7
ColossalLazy
macklelol
SenorArdilla (Offers)
PBalfredo
OceanBlue (Offers)
spiritfox
fek
Nub
Zeta_Enforcer (Offers)
B-Dubs
SeZMehK
Nista
SpinDasher
cmurph (Offers)
CrimsonN0
Jaeger
Panzon (Can assist in cloning.)
Aggrotek (Offers)
DarFrey (Offers)
KittenMaster
one_kill
Neo0MJ
HawthorneKitty
Nintendo Playstation (Offers)
L.O.R.D
Usobuko
Ryne (Can assist in cloning.)
StellaX
spindashing (Offers)
podracer35 (Offers)
Quest1 (Can assist in cloning.)
daripad (Offers)
Muku (Offers)
Metroidvania
Starwolf_UK
Morokh
Holmes

That was the last time I saw the list, and I haven't seen anyone confirmed getting one since then.

Top Bottom