• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

TWILT

Banned
Soo, hate to be that guy, but can someone please get me another one of those 6IV Japanese Dittos? It's for a friend.

Name your price.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Thanks Drago!

Anyone else want GodDitto? I have three left.
If you still have one left, I wouldn't mind taking it off of your hands.

Not much I can give you, though I can breed any starter you want outside of Snivy (no specific IV or anything though, just the pokemon).

My FC is 2492-5233-0873.

Sigmaah

I'm trying to make a really defensive aggron, I plan on using Mega Aggron. This is my Aggrom so far, I need to decide it's evs. I'm thinking sp.D and HP.

Aron
Adamant/Rock Head
-Iron Head
-Superpower
-Head Smash
-Stealth Rock

I know those moves are offensive but they can be changed if needed. I wanna be really defensive but be able to do some nice damage.

What do?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm trying to make a really defensive aggron, I plan on using Mega Aggron. This is my Aggrom so far, I need to decide it's evs. I'm thinking sp.D and HP.

Aron
Adamant/Rock Head
-Iron Head
-Superpower
-Head Smash
-Stealth Rock

I know those moves are offensive but they can be changed if needed. I wanna be really defensive but be able to do some nice damage.

What do?

Maybe just swap Superpower with Thunder Wave.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ya that does sound better, any ideas on EV spread? Ppl say disregard sp.D cause even with max sp.d it'll still get hurt a lot. Maybe hp and atk?

Nah, that spread looks ok. He needs more bulk there anyway, his base attack and defense are high enough. Plus with Fliter all super effective attacks do half damage.

Panzon

Nah, that spread looks ok. He needs more bulk there anyway, his base attack and defense are high enough.
Really? I used to run a sp def mega aggron and it still got KOd by any pokemon with a good base sp att fairly easily. I would do 252 att/252 Def/6 HP or maybe make him bold and do 252 def/252 HP/6 att since his base attack is pretty vicious to begin wiyh. Again, this is for mega aggron

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Really? I used to run a sp def mega aggron and it still got KOd by any pokemon with a good base sp att fairly easily. I would do 252 att/252 Def/6 HP or maybe make him bold and do 252 def/252 HP/6 att since his base attack is pretty vicious to begin wiyh. Again, this is for mega aggron

Really? I'd have thought Filter would have prevented any OHKOs.

PK Gaming

Ya that does sound better, any ideas on EV spread? Ppl say disregard sp.D cause even with max sp.d it'll still get hurt a lot. Maybe hp and atk?
I wouldn't disregard it. Investing in SpD gives a massive boost to Special Defense (196 ---> 259)

Let me put things in perspective:
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Filter Mega Aggron: 335-398 (97.38 - 115.69%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
vs
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Filter Mega Aggron: 257-304 (74.7 - 88.37%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

As you can see, the investment in SpD can make the difference between life or death for Mega Aggron. If Mega Aggron can survive one of the strongest, super effective Special Attacks in the game, one can only imagine what else it can survive. Trust me, you'll appreciate its ability to effectively take around 20% less damage from Special Attacks in general.

Moveset wise:
-Head Smash is out of the question without Rock Head. I'd probably rebreed for Sturdy, but its not necessary.
-I'm guessing this Mega Aggron is probably for 6v6 since you're using Stealth Rock.
-In that case, packing Earthquake over Superpower for Steel-types like Aegislash, Excadrill, Jirachi and Heatran (in the future) will be useful.
-Thunder Wave is awesome for spreading paralysis; you can have your teammates take advantage of it.
-If you can somehow get your hands on a Gen V Aron with Ice Punch, use that. It'll kick so much ass, heh.

Nah, that spread looks ok. He needs more bulk there anyway, his base attack and defense are high enough. Plus with Fliter all super effective attacks do half damage.
Actually, filter only drops the damage of Super Effective attacks by 25%, so they still do 1.5 damage. That said, OHKOing Mega Aggron is pretty much impossible.

Panzon

Really? I'd have thought Filter would have prevented any OHKOs.
It didnt quite work out well for me.Also someone told me that its never a good idea to invest too much in the pokemon's weaknesses anyway since a really strong poke can take out out easily. What you do is switch out whenever you come accross sp attackers because even with the filter ability it can easily get 2OHKOd.

This was my experience when I first got the game though and wasnt very good so maybe you can make it work with the correct team. My team was very unbalanced and they didnt play to each other's strenghts so take it with a grain of salt

Sigmaah

I wouldn't disregard it. Investing in SpD gives a massive boost to Special Defense (196 ---> 259)

Let me put things in perspective:

vs

As you can see, the investment in SpD can make the difference between life or death for Mega Aggron. If Mega Aggron can survive one of the strongest, super effective Special Attacks in the game, one can only imagine what else it can survive. Trust me, you'll appreciate its ability to effectively take around 20% less damage from Special Attacks in general.

Moveset wise:
-Head Smash is out of the question without Rock Head. I'd probably rebreed for Sturdy, but its not necessary.
-I'm guessing this Mega Aggron is probably for 6v6 since you're using Stealth Rock.
-In that case, packing Earthquake over Superpower for Steel-types like Aegislash, Excadrill, Jirachi and Heatran (in the future) will be useful.
-Thunder Wave is awesome for spreading paralysis; you can have your teammates take advantage of it.
-If you can somehow get your hands on a Gen V Aron with Ice Punch, use that. It'll kick so much ass, heh.

Actually, filter only drops the damage of Super Effective attacks by 25%, so they still do 1.5 damage. That said, OHKOing Mega Aggron is pretty much impossible.

Awesome, thanks for this and thanks for the input guys. Gonna run with hp/sp.D and I'll mess around with the move set and see what I come up with. Maybe rest and sleep talk as well?

I would try to get ice punch but this aggron is shiny 5v so I plan on using it for battle haha. Gotta rep that shiny stuff!

Who's a good special defense pokemon to pair up with mega aggron? maybe sylveon?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Awesome, thanks for this and thanks for the input guys. Gonna run with hp/sp.D and I'll mess around with the move set and see what I come up with. Maybe rest and sleep talk as well?

I would try to get ice punch but this aggron is shiny 5v so I plan on using it for battle haha. Gotta rep that shiny stuff!

Who's a good special defense pokemon to pair up with mega aggron? maybe sylveon?

Assault Vest Goodra seems like he'd work.

Panzon

I'm just doing a quick run to the supermarket for breakfast, if you're about in 30 mins time i can give you one then :) have 9 of them total for anyone else who wants!
Hopefully I dont fall asleep but I already added you so just send me a trade request anyway

Edit: Cant hold it anymore so Im going to sleep. Hopefully you can hook me up with that totodile sometime tomorrow. PM me

Adrian121

Just got the Up-Grade and Dubious Disc from the Maison. Can anyone please help me evolve my Porygon into Porygon-Z by trading back and forth twice?

FC: 2852-7581-0509

Hopefully I dont fall asleep but I already added you so just send me a trade request anyway

Edit: Cant hold it anymore so Im going to sleep. Hopefully you can hook me up with that totodile sometime tomorrow. PM me

Yeah sorry, my area has been hit by storms pretty hard so lots of traffic. I've added you back as a friend and will hold a Totodile for you, so lets sync up later :)

On the subject of Mega Aggron, i've used one with some pretty good success in 6v6. I go with a Stealth Rock/Thunder Wave/Earthquake and Heavy Slam moveset. The accuracy on Iron Tail is so woeful, and the Heavy Slam does do great damage against 2/3 of the pokemon out there. Fairies in particular get squashed by it!

I also preferred to invest the EVs into HP rather than SpDef, the hard counters to M-Aggron like Charizard-Y are gonna roast you regardless - just be sure to leave them a nice Stealth Rock welcoming party :)

Kinokou

So, I need more tips for my mono team. In general when building a monoteam should you have a move to hit every type super effectively or is it enough to cover weaknesses and common types?

Nearly got 5IV Tepig. My next project is either Fennekin (easy to tell which 4 moves to use as egg moves, it only gets 4) or Totodile (Dragon Dance, Aqua Jet and Ice Punch are given...the rest of its egg moves have nothing useful but I'm now obsessed with having 4 egg moves, I'll just go with the easiest out of Metal claw, Block, Mud- or water- sport).

Ugh, I should not have neglected the chateau.
I'm in a similar boat with the chataeu (though do I have some good trainers there but the Furosade girls with their 3x Audino they are the only easy to tell ones). For things that only need to get to level ~20 (or less) I've started to use victory road but usually I use the route to the Pokemon village (as my flame body Talonflame can OHKO everything there, victory road I need to pull my Lapras out of storage for).

With le-wow I'm wondering if it quicker to have 3 level 100s in battle (or just do singles) than watch the EXP bars go up.

Top Bottom