• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Is it better to have a Dragonite missing speed IVs or defense? I figure that after a Dragon Dance, a few missing points in speed won't really matter, right?

I really can't be bothered to breed for 5 IVs.

Random question, but what Pokemon are the special defense and attack super training bags based on? Special Attack is obviously litwick, speed is zubat, defense is aggron, hp is azumarill.

I think they're based on nothing, lol

Korosenai

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Random question, but what Pokemon are the special defense and attack super training bags based on? Special Attack is obviously litwick, speed is zubat, defense is aggron, hp is azumarill.

Attack is the Machop line. I honestly don't know the other.

Korosenai

So
HP: Marill line
ATK: Machop line
DEF: Aron line
SP ATK: Litwick line
SP DEF: Florges (?)
SPD: Zubat line

I still don't see Florges.

Does anyone have a reject female HA nidoran in a luxury ball? Having no luck with the hordes. :/

Yeah, I've been looking for one as well. They're hard to come by.

DaBoss

Does anyone have a reject female HA nidoran in a luxury ball? Having no luck with the hordes. :/
You could have asked earlier. :p
How do you even breed the Nidoran family?
1. Breed for Nature
2. Breed for IVs and correct gender

I have 2 sets of Nidokings (one is the normal special oriented one, while the other is physical oriented to see how it will work with that boost in Attack this gen) and 2 sets of Nidoqueen which you guys saw.

MicH

Aw yes, thanks to KittenMaster i already got my perfect Dought Vulpix w/ Extrasensory and Heat Wave :3 Breeding fast today!

You could have asked earlier. :p

1. Breed for Nature
2. Breed for IVs and correct gender

I have 2 sets of Nidokings (one is the normal special oriented one, while the other is physical oriented to see how it will work with that boost in Attack this gen) and 2 sets of Nidoqueen which you guys saw.
Sorry, what I meant was how exactly they breed. They have no gender? Can you even breed Nidoran female with male? And even so, wouldn't you only get females?

Or can they only breed with Ditto?

EDIT: Thanks Crimson. So that's what happens when you breed a male and a female? The gender of the baby is random? Weird, but makes sense I suppose

DaBoss

I'm on right now SeZ, can send you a Nidoran-F. Can send you one too Nub.
Sorry, what I meant was how exactly they breed. They have no gender? Can you even breed Nidoran female with male? And even so, wouldn't you only get females?

Or can they only breed with Ditto?

EDIT: Thanks Crimson. So that's what happens when you breed a male and a female? The gender of the baby is random? Weird, but makes sense I suppose
They can breed with whatever is in Nidoran's field group (Monster and Field) and Ditto. Nidoran-F's evolutions cannot breed, but Nidoran-M's evolutions can. If you want to pass down the Pokeball, you have to use a Nidoran-F.
Been out the loop the past few days. Any news on pokebank yet?
Pokebank is a myth.

MicH

They can breed with whatever is in Nidoran's field group (Monster and Field) and Ditto. Nidoran-F's evolutions cannot breed, but Nidoran-M's evolutions can. If you want to pass down the Pokeball, you have to use a Nidoran-F.

Pokebank is a myth.
Ah, this clears up a lot of stuff. Thanks!

SeZMehK

Pokebank is a myth.

Is it in a luxury ball? XD

Korosenai

Ok. Gonna breed a Modest Ralts until I get one with synchronize and then try to get a modest ditto in case I want to try to get serious competitively.

Also is there a physical guide I can buy that details things like places to EV train?
There is a really good ev training guide at Nugget Bridge.

I wonder if a mon not being from Kalos affects the Masuda Method in any way. I mean I was able to get shiny Riolu and shiny Shroomish fairly easily but a shiny Whimsicott never appeared.

SeZMehK

Pokebank is a myth.

Is it in a luxury ball? XD

Wooo, finally. Thanks!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I wonder if a mon not being from Kalos affects the Masuda Method in any way. I mean I was able to get shiny Riolu and shiny Shroomish fairly easily but a shiny Whimsicott never appeared.

Did it have an effect in previous gens?

It could just be RNG screwing you.

Muku

The PokeBank is a lie.

I spent nearly 10 hours soft resetting on Zapdos with the right IV spread, and even then I ended up with only a 31/6/29/31/31/31 spread. Never saw a shiny. I can't imagine anyone with those things is actually real and not hacked.

That's hard core. I'm lucky if I don't have to go more than one round with a legendary. But I'm also weird and have started wanting to catch them in just PokeBalls. Feel like either my luck in X/Y has gotten better (thank you RNG gods?) or they've made PokeBalls not suck as much as old games. Going back to like Pearl and trying to do PokeBalls is a mind numbing experience.

Thanks to Pokebank i am genuinely curious about the IVs of my past gen legendaries. I was surprised to find that i had caught almost two teams worth of shinies in the past gens collectively when i decided to organize everything. I know none of my past gen legendaries are shiny but i do now hope they have decent IVs.

I am too. :) I never really gotten into the IV thing before this gen. Never really got into breeding as much as this either. X/Y has made a few things so addicting. But I'm really curious now. That's why I can't wait to find out some of mine either. I think that's what I'm looking forward to most!

CrimsonN0

...so bored, someone battle me. I don't care what format.
I've challenged everyone on my Friend's list and no ones accepting.

My FC:5000-3009-5859
IGN: Crimson

MicH

Arrghhhh

Trying to find a stupid Exeggcute to pass down some moves onto a Roselia.

NOPE

Seen one so far.

FEMALE

damn you :(

EDIT: two more females later and I am still crying :( WHY ARE YOU ALL FEMALE

LaNaranja

I can get a cloned ditto for you, but have been on a failing streak recently.

Will try to have one by tomorrow at the latest.

EDIT: Otherwise I have an old 4iv one lying around if you want that in the interim.

Sorry it took me so long to respond, but thanks a bunch!!!!!!! I don't mind waiting :)

HOLY SHIT.

Clicking the little TM icons on the party screen takes you straight to a move (Fly, Surf, Sweet Scent etc). Only saves you one click, but still amazing lol

...so bored, someone battle me. I don't care what format.
I've challenged everyone on my Friend's list and no ones accepting.

My FC:5000-3009-5859
IGN: Crimson

I know that feel man. I'm training some things up right now. I'll add you and we'll battle a bit later. 2320-6152-0406

Korosenai

Anyone up for a multi battle?

Arrghhhh

Trying to find a stupid Exeggcute to pass down some moves onto a Roselia.

NOPE

Seen one so far.

FEMALE

damn you :(

EDIT: two more females later and I am still crying :( WHY ARE YOU ALL FEMALE
Capture the female and breed it for a male?

Edit: should have finished reading the page, looks like dubs and sez had the same idea lol.

AGH, fuck. Made the mistake of a century just now. I accidentally got rid of my Power Weight when cloning the wrong Pokémon...

Could somebody clone me theirs? u__u

I'll grind for it. Won't be long, lol.

OceanBlue

I'm starting to breed Noibat now. I'll try to get a good 4 or 5IV one so you can get a good head-start MicH.

I've bred way more in the past two days than usual, it's crazy. It's strangely satisfying though and it's easy enough to do other things while I'm breeding.

Top Bottom