• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

DaBoss

Hm eeally? Well, at least I have one of each now.
Yea, though I did run into a Substitute Venusaur which was pretty crazy in trying to take it down if it weren't for Infilltrator.

I want to breed a Frisk one soon.
Why do people like Luxury Balls? I think they're hideous. I'm more of a Premiere Ball kind of guy.
Because you can't see properly and it is actually the best. :p

It is the most expensive one too! And it actually does something useful other than just looking nice. :p

Tiamant

I'm stuck in a Whimsicott vs Aegislash 1v1 where I got him stuck using swords dance while seeded and I'm behind a substitute. I'm slowly killing him with the leech and moonblast but it's very slow due to leftovers on his side.

3 encores have been needed for him to know that there's nothing to do and now he's only wasting time between commands. There should be some rule like automatic lose after 3 turns with all time consumed.

MicH

Im about to start my next project: Jolly Slaking w/ pursuit and night slash.
Interesting choice. I love Slaking so I'm looking forward to hearing about your experience with him

I'm stuck in a Whimsicott vs Aegislash 1v1 where I got him stuck using swords dance while seeded and I'm behind a substitute. I'm slowly killing him with the leech and moonblast but it's very slow due to leftovers on his side.

3 encores have been needed for him to know that there's nothing to do and now he's only wasting time between commands. There should be some rule like automatic lose after 3 turns with all time consumed.
I hate this. He knows he's losing so he's stalling to get you to quit.Don't give up! :p

I think I'll work on a Whimsicott next

CrimsonN0

Doesn't Encore only have 5PP, though, so he might be trying to stall it out.

Im about to start my next project: Jolly Slaking w/ pursuit and night slash.
Hmm, if you didn't trade for macklelol Weavile, I have an Adamant Slakoth with Body Slam, Pursuit, and Night Slash.

Korosenai

Interesting choice. I love Slaking so I'm looking forward to hearing about your experience with him

I hate this. He knows he's losing so he's stalling to get you to quit.Don't give up! :p

I think I'll work on a Whimsicott next
I just want to because Slaking is my favorite pokemon from gen 3. I probably wont even use it lol.

I can lend you my Weavile with Pursuit and Night Slash, but I will have to have it back later.
Ive already got one, and ive already bred the moves onto it as well. Do you want a Slakoth spare when I start breeding it?

macklelol

I just want to because Slaking is my favorite pokemon from gen 3. I probably wont even use it lol.

Ive already got one, and ive already bred the moves onto it as well. Do you want a Slakoth spare when I start breeding it?

Sure, I wouldn't mind one. I doubt I'd ever use it, though lol.

Dr.Hadji

Love my lead, focus banded, swords dance Absol. Or my..... Absolute-lead (whoa ho ho get it!!?). Just three hard reads on a lot of 3 v 3 randoms, away from a sweep. Or one failed read into a lead Poke who danced himself to death.

Also, Super Luck is so lovely. Don't care about your Prankster Burn. I'm feelin lucky today punk. Crits for all.

MicH

What are your thoughts on Morning Sun on Arcanine? He has a great move pool

Flare Blitz
Crunch
Wild Charge
Extreme Speed
Outrage
Close Combat

Thinking about using Flare Blitz / Extreme Speed / Close Combat / Morning Sun

Akai XIII

Has anyone got a cloned 6IV Ditto I could have? Kinda want to get into IV breeding/egg moves without all that hassle... I have all the starters I could offer in exchange.

Nub, would you mind bestowing unto me a Slakoth and an Inkay? I've been really busy lately and haven't been able to jump online and trade stuff. I'll give you whatever you want in return, including a clone of my Superpower/Giga Drain Eelektross once Bank hits!

SeZMehK

Nub, would you mind bestowing unto me a Slakoth and an Inkay? I've been really busy lately and haven't been able to jump online and trade stuff. I'll give you whatever you want in return, including a clone of my Superpower/Giga Drain Eelektross once Bank hits!

BTW, do you still want that ES dratini that you asked for earlier last week from me? I am still holding onto it. Lol.

Korosenai

Yessir. I've got a 5 iv Inkay ready for you, just working on the Slakoth right now, I should have some 5 iv's one soon. All I really want is a hustle nidoran in return.

LaNaranja

I'm working on a Pikachu and am wondering what the next step is. Should I give it the light ball and everstone and pray I get IVs in Speed and Attack or should I give it the destiny knot and pray I get the right nature?

CrimsonN0

I'm working on a Pikachu and am wondering what the next step is. Should I give it the light ball and everstone and pray I get IVs in Speed and Attack or should I give it the destiny knot and pray I get the right nature?

I'd say get Attack/Speed IVs on both the male and female you're using then use the Light Ball and Everstone?

What are your thoughts on Morning Sun on Arcanine? He has a great move pool

Flare Blitz
Crunch
Wild Charge
Extreme Speed
Outrage
Close Combat

Thinking about using Flare Blitz / Extreme Speed / Close Combat / Morning Sun

I don't think you can afford to spend a turn healing. It loses 25% switching into rocks and doesn't resist much. I'd rather put another coverage move to surprise switch ins.

BTW, do you still want that ES dratini that you asked for earlier last week from me? I am still holding onto it. Lol.

Yeah, sorry about that. I've been working all week and just haven't had time to jump on and trade for it -_-;

What do you want in return?

Yessir. I've got a 5 iv Inkay ready for you, just working on the Slakoth right now, I should have some 5 iv's one soon. All I really want is a hustle nidoran in return.

Aces. I'll breed one for you ASAP. You want a male or female Nidoran?

Dr.Hadji

What does everyone think about the hard counter moves in the game (Counter, and Mirror Coat). Been working them into my game lately and I'm finding amazing success. Particularly in match-ups I have no business winning. Double damage back from a pretty simple Physical or Special Attack guess from a bulk Poke seems like a good trade off to me.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
So like how does this new exp share work with EVs? If I attach one of the power items to a Pokaman that doesn't participate in the battle at all will it receive the bonus from the power item?

Top Bottom