• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

one_kill

Does anyone have a 6IV or shiny, though preferably 6IV shiny, Ho-Oh and Lugia?

The ones I have started off as non Hidden Ability but they had a flag set so that when transferred to Bank they switched over to their Hidden Ability. I guess once past that point there's nothing you can do with them.
Can they be uploaded to GTS? Just wondering because I saw some Totodiles earlier that were being touted as having HA.

L.O.R.D

yay
OVAL Charm
lfJsH9M.jpg

i went to the director , he only give me this
lo9U3Wq.jpg

where the other 2 ?
and how to view them after i get them ?

Quest1

Does anyone have a 6IV or shiny, though preferably 6IV shiny, Ho-Oh and Lugia?

Can they be uploaded to GTS? Just wondering because I saw some Totodiles earlier that were being touted as having HA.

I have either a 5/6 IV (didn't check but I know it's one or the other) HA ho-oh and lugia. Can you clone? All I ask is for some good maison items, choice items, eject button, etc. and you can borrow them to clone.

Wichu

yay
OVAL Charm
lfJsH9M.jpg

i went to the director , he only give me this
lo9U3Wq.jpg

where the other 2 ?
and how to view them after i get them ?

You need to obtain Kalos-native versions of the Kalos dex Pokémon; Banked Pokémon don't count.

You can see the certificates in the player's room in Vaniville Town.

Son Of D

You need to obtain Kalos-native versions of the Kalos dex Pokémon; Banked Pokémon don't count.

Wait, is that for the charm or the certificates? Because I have a mixture of Kalos-native and banked Pokémon.

Boogiepop

This isn't true. I have all the certificates and my dex is heavily filled with bank pokemon. You just have to talk to the director multiple times.

MicH

The perfectionist in me makes me want to not use the shiny Roselia due to it's low SpA IVs.. but I want to use it! Especially since it's an HP Fire one!

How much does IVs influence the stats anyway?

DaBoss

The perfectionist in me makes me want to not use the shiny Roselia due to it's low SpA IVs.. but I want to use it! Especially since it's an HP Fire one!

How much does IVs influence the stats anyway?
At lvl 100, each IV is equal to 1 stat point (12 IV = 12 stat points at lvl 100).

Boogiepop

Man, still trying to think over what I want to do to improve my doubles TR team. It sounds crazy, but I'm starting to consider Talonflame. Lucario is one thing that can actually mess with me pretty well since I can't flinch it, meaning I can get my setter double-teamed if he's out with a ghost. And the priority should still work under TR. Plus he could be nice to have when I match up another TR user... I don't know. I just feel like I still need to tighten up my team further...
Edit: Hm... maybe a Togekiss with Follow Me or a Volcarona with Rage Powder?

one_kill

I have either a 5/6 IV (didn't check but I know it's one or the other) HA ho-oh and lugia. Can you clone? All I ask is for some good maison items, choice items, eject button, etc. and you can borrow them to clone.
I'll send you a PM

Oddly enough...yes. Whether it trades or not is whole different ball game though.
Want to try? I wonder if it's hard to coordinate trading via GTS.

I figure you need to know the uploader's ID and/or have a code in the message (maybe just having "GAF" is good enough), as well as asking for a Pokemon that the other player readily has. With the last bit, I think it would be good to ask for a legendary since it could be traded back through normal means anyway.

L.O.R.D

oh, its appear that i was missing malamar and torkoal
now i completed my Kalos dex
but how the professor gave me the oval charm before completing ?

one_kill

oh, its appear that i was missing malamar and torkoal
now i completed my Kalos dex
but how the professor gave me the oval charm before completing ?
You just needed to see all the Pokemon in the Kalos dex to get it

So are we putting it on GTS with a tag called NEOGAF ONLY! and all rush like mad to get it before somebody else does? My bred Natu's also refuse to get the correct IV spread :/.
That's not right! You'd have to put "PLEASE SHINY" or "I NEED IT" or "FOR MY DEX" or "I REALLY WANT IT" or "6IVHAshinyeggmoves"

Edit: "ENGLISH NAME PLS" or "HAS POKERUS"

Want to try? I wonder if it's hard to coordinate trading via GTS.

I figure you need to know the uploader's ID and/or have a code in the message (maybe just having "GAF" is good enough), as well as asking for a Pokemon that the other player readily has. With the last bit, I think it would be good to ask for a legendary since it could be traded back through normal means anyway.

Let's try it. I'll ask for a Fletchling if anyone has one. It'll say GAF as the message.

How did you get them anyway? I'm not familiar with the Gen V games.

I found a link to a Pokécheck search on GameFAQs which had filtered results to only list all listed without their hidden abilities but had the Hidden Ability flag set meaning that once they would go to X they would switch to its Hidden Ability.

I then put them on my Black 2 then used Transporter to bring them to X. All 30 that I put in made it through the transfer.

L.O.R.D

I found a link to a Pokécheck search on GameFAQs which had filtered results to only list all listed without their hidden abilities but had the Hidden Ability flag set meaning that once they would go to X they would switch to its Hidden Ability.

I then put them on my Black 2 then used Transporter to bring them to X. All 30 that I put in made it through the transfer.

i saw some of them in Pokécheck
there is only 5-6 Snivy with HA
most of them are hacked
the reset didn't even goes to the transporter

if they never released..why serebii list them as HA ?
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/495.shtml

You could do data mining in Gen 1-5 so you could find out these things by just looking through the code of the game and from that you could find every Pokémon with a Hidden Ability, even ones that haven't been released yet. It's how we knew about Shadow Tag Chandelure even though that Hidden Ability changed in Gen 6 to Infiltrator. It helps that the data structure of the games were all very similar, Gen 6's is apperently very similar although you can't access any of it as the 3DS has not been cracked yet.

L.O.R.D

You could do data mining in Gen 1-5 so you could find out these things by just looking through the code of the game and from that you could find every Pokémon with a Hidden Ability, even ones that haven't been released yet. It's how we knew about Shadow Tag Chandelure even though that Hidden Ability changed in Gen 6 to Infiltrator. It helps that the data structure of the games were all very similar, Gen 6's is apperently very similar although you can't access any of it as the 3DS has not been cracked yet.

aha..i get it now

just saw this

MVPG-WWWW-WWW5-BRUS
it was in gamefaqs
- CAN be brought through Pokebank.
- CAN be used in Wifi battles against friends.
- CAN be traded by infrared.
- CAN be used in Battle Masion.
- CAN pass down contrary via breeding to create one born in Kalos.
- CAN'T be traded via Wifi, even if born in Kalos.
- CAN'T be wonder traded, even if born in Kalos.
- Can (probably) be traded as an egg with contrary.

I'll edit that with our findings:

- WON'T show up on GTS search even though you CAN upload it on GTS.
- CAN'T be traded as an egg (Except ones that get Overgrow).

Kirlia

Banned
After some searching and trading of Pokemon I didn't need, I got some more Vivillon patterns! I have obtained the Icy Snow, Sandstorm and Monsoon patterns. None of the three Vivillon are nicknamed.

If you want to borrow these Pokemon for cloning purposes, that's fine, but I will want a copy back! I am also currently missing the Archipelago, Garden, Jungle, River and Sun patterns, so I would love one of those if any of you have them. If they are nameable Pokemon, that's a huge bonus, but it's okay if they can't be. I don't particularly care about IVs except that I'm not fond of 0 IVs. For those giving me new patterns, let me know if you want anything specific, such as a baby Pokemon with 4-5 IVs.

For cloners: if you want certain items to be attached to the Vivillon for cloning, let me know. There's a good chance I can provide it.

MicH

Just got a 6 IV Lotad. Is it worth going for a non-31 IVs in Attack one? I kinda want to... :p

EDIT Yeah his base attack is pretty high. Back to breeding! Two 6 IV mons in the daycare, yo

Usobuko

Banned
I'll edit that with our findings:

- WON'T show up on GTS search even though you CAN upload it on GTS.
- CAN'T be traded as an egg (Except ones that get Overgrow).

Whelp. Just for your own use I guess.

Top Bottom