• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

macklelol

Seems like 4 different things went wrong for you, that could have completely helped you win. If that ice fang would have it, you probably would have won that match.

GG's though, that was fun.

Yeah, man. GGs, just gotta deal with the RNG sometimes.

Thank you. Can you use reset bag and check if the IV of Sp.Atk is 30 :( ?

Just checked it out and it looks like it does have 30 SpA IVs.

Dandalf

Neo Member
I'm two (TWO!) Pokemon away from getting the Shiny Charm!

If anyone's here and can loan me a Zygarde and a Xerneas I'd be super thankful! Of course I would turn around and give them both right back, but I only need these two to complete my Dex!!

Shoot me a PM!

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Just ran into some guy with a shiny Kyogre that wrecked my Mega Charizard with 252 Speed EVs. I don't understand how it could have outsped it. Even with max speed EVs it would still be slower, right?

Korosenai

Quest, i'm trying to join you but i'm stuck on the please wait until preparations are complete screen.

:lol

I've been using that to practice for the GAF tourney, I'd be annoyed if it was over before we were.
Yeah, I was sitting there like "wtf, why can't I choose four Pokemon?" Confused the hell out of me.

Yeah sure what's your FC?

EDIT: I'm not sure if i have your FC Quest1?

I think I added you before, but had to delete some people to make room for other since my list was full. I recently went through and deleted some more people so i'll add you again in a bit.

macklelol

Just ran into some guy with a shiny Kyogre that wrecked my Mega Charizard with 252 Speed EVs. I don't understand how it could have outsped it. Even with max speed EVs it would still be slower, right?

It was probably scarfed? Gonna assume your Charizard was Timid/Jolly.

Usobuko

Banned

Choice scarf? He keep using the same move over and over right? Also, if you're modest/adamant nature, you will get outspeed by timid kyogre.

I'm really getting sick of the lack of move tutors in X/Y. I really want to get a Conkeldurr with Knock Off and Thunderpunch, and Masuda a shiny Gardevoir with Hyper Voice. Unfortunately, breeding is so much worse in B/W(2) to the point of rage, and I don't know how to RNG worth a crap. DX

Why GameFreak?!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm really getting sick of the lack of move tutors in X/Y. I really want to get a Conkeldurr with Knock Off and Thunderpunch, and Masuda a shiny Gardevoir with Hyper Voice. Unfortunately, breeding is so much worse in B/W(2) to the point of rage, and I don't know how to RNG worth a crap. DX

Why GameFreak?!

The fact you can't breed tailwind onto Gliscor is pure bullshit, especially since someone in his egg group gets the damn move!

Basically I took the long way around to saying, I agree with you 110%. I can't wait until Z or X/Y2 and we get some decent move tutors.

macklelol

Why GameFreak?!

Just get one from Pokecheck? It's a pretty lame alternative, but you can get some of the stuff you want that way.

Also, my internet went out again for a few seconds. Sorry about that.

Usobuko

Banned

Why GameFreak?!

If you don't mind waiting, I got the Gardevior and I can clone for you. Comes with Destiny Bond.

But yes, my wish list is still defog togekiss and softboiled clefable. Heh, gen 3 move tutor.

Just get one from Pokecheck? It's a pretty lame alternative, but you can get some of the stuff you want that way.
I've heard of Pokécheck before, but never really looked into it. Is it similar to RNG manipulating?

If you don't mind waiting, I got the Gardevior and I can clone for you. Comes with Destiny Bond.

But yes, my wish list is still defog togekiss and softboiled clefable. Heh, gen 3 move tutor.
Woah, really? That would be awesome! You're a good guy Usobuko.

MicH

Can't Softboiled Clefairy only have Cute Charm because it's from gen 3? That kinda sucks as Cute Charm is Clefairy's worst ability

macklelol

Can't Softboiled Clefairy only have Cute Charm because it's from gen 3? That kinda sucks as Cute Charm is Clefairy's worst ability

It's not that bad since you can just swap it to Magic Guard with an Ability Capsule, if you managed to get one up to X/Y.

Spinluck

Okay, I've finally migrated 90% of my pokemon from Diamond to the bank, so there're a couple of things I could offer in trades:
  • 2x Lileep with Recover and Rock Slide (both males)
  • 9x Aerodactyl (some Adamant ones, 2 females, mixed abilities; the one I ended up training had 31 Spd IVs, and I think at least one of these might have that as well)
  • 3x Chansey with Aromatherapy and Toxic
  • 5x Sneasel with Fake Out and Ice Punch (3 males, 2 females, one of each is adamant)
  • 2x Female Togepi
  • 1x Shiny Zubat, Hasty, with Pokérus (gen 3 random encounter, caught myself)
  • 1x Shiny Seviper, Modest (gen 3 random encounter, caught myself)
  • 1x Shiny Diglett, Hardy (traded for it in a forum)
  • I can also breed Grimers with 30-31 Def and SpDef IVs, and some decent HP (from one I bred in Gen 5 using the power items), but I'll need to get the power items back or find the Destiny Knot in Y to do that
I'm not sure what I'd want in return for any of these yet, though. I guess I'll have to check that once I'm closer to finishing the game, or if anybody's actually interested in any of them.

Late edit: I've forgotten to list my friend code until now... quote to see it

pm'd you

New shinies since the last time, haha.

xak2BG7.jpg
e52k72X.jpg

njfdL5q.jpg
2ny8YZJ.jpg
LVMHGbt.jpg

Complete list since I got the shiny charm:

2/6/14 - Scraggy, Gulpin
2/9/14 - Shelmet, Goomy, Clauncher, Seadra, Poliwhirl. Relicanth, Luvdisc, Octillery (x3)
2/10/14 - Qwilfish, Gyarados (x3), Corphish

17 shinies.

I know one of you wonderful guys and gals have Lansat and Starf berries, what do I have to do to get in on that? I have Ability Capsules!

New shinies since the last time, haha.

Complete list since I got the shiny charm:

2/6/14 - Scraggy, Gulpin
2/9/14 - Shelmet, Goomy, Clauncher, Seadra, Poliwhirl. Relicanth, Luvdisc, Octillery (x3)
2/10/14 - Qwilfish, Gyarados (x3), Corphish

17 shinies.

I said wow.

Top Bottom