• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

JulianImp

Hey Mich, do you have HA Darumaka?

I do have a male HA Darmanitan I could breed with one of my Dittos, if you're interested. It'd take a short while for me to hatch it, though.

Talking about Ditto, does anyone have any god Ditto they could part with? I don't even care about its nature for now, even though breeding for a nature I'd like will probably make things harder due to the lower breeding rate that comes with both pokémon having the same trainer ID.

ugoo18

Can someone please help me work this out.

My Adamant Mega Scizor has 6 perfect IVs, i just reconfirmed that with the IV Judge.

However it's lvl 100 stats aren't matching up with what they should be in the Pokemon showdown damage calc.

According to the calc it should be 344/380/316/149/290/186 after adding the EVs i trained it for.

In game it's lvl 100 stats are 344/336/236/131/250/166.

I can figure out why the large difference or why there is a difference at all?

one_kill

Can someone please help me work this out.

My Adamant Mega Scizor has 6 perfect IVs, i just reconfirmed that with the IV Judge.

However it's lvl 100 stats aren't matching up with what they should be in the Pokemon showdown damage calc.

According to the calc it should be 344/380/316/149/290/186 after adding the EVs i trained it for.

In game it's lvl 100 stats are 344/336/236/131/250/166.

I can figure out why the large difference or why there is a difference at all?
What's your EV spread?

Maybe you're calculating the base stats of Scizor and not Mega Scizor, or vice versa

ugoo18

What's your EV spread?

Maybe you're calculating the base stats of Scizor and not Mega Scizor, or vice versa

EV spread is 252HP/40Atk/218SpD.

I just used a reset bag to check it to be certain.

It's definitely Mega Scizor. That's what's in the Pokemon 1 selection bar.

EDIT: Wait i think i see the problem now, i literally forgot it wasn't Mega Scizor in game but just regular Scizor till it transformed. The stat discrepancy is between normal and Mega.

MicH

I already regret trying to breed a Lucario.

1) Riolu is a baby Pokemon
2) Riolu can only evolve during the daytime
3) There's only a 12.5% of a Riolu beging female

*sigh*

*sigh*
Dang. It was nice knowing you before your inevitable descent into madness.

DaBoss

*sigh*
I can let you borrow a female Lucario. It has 4IVs that are perfect.

Usobuko

Banned
This is what I have so far:

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Brave
252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpD
-Mach Punch
-Drain Punch
-Ice Punch
-Knock Off

That doesn't seem too useful though, as it doesn't help out my Assault Vest very much as well as decreasing the percent of health I heal from Drain Punch. Should I go with 252 Atk/SpD? Would it be wiser to boost both my Def and SpD with something like 252 Atk/104 Def/152 SpD? Maybe go for pure bulk with 252 Def/SpD?

Halp meh PokéGAF!

Stay Guts.

Yes, go with Sp.Def max over HP since Conkeldurr base HP is 105 whereas its base Sp.Def is 65. When HP is more than (sp.)defense, increase that (sp.)defense instead. Also, you're right since the HP you gained through Drain Punch are more valuable if your raised sp.def instead of HP.

jsrv

Anyone else having trouble getting BPs/pokemiles from the pokebank after the initial free 100/10? Keeps saying that I received 3-6 pokemiles and that I need a minimum of 10 to transfer to the game.. But I'm pretty sure she's said that about a dozen times already and there is no prompt to transfer and Pokemon Link in the actual game says there is no data.
Anyone? maybe I'm just doing something wrong

MicH

Anyone? maybe I'm just doing something wrong
Did you create an account at the Global Link? Did you sync your save file to it? Did you collect your previous reward from the main menu (before you load your game -> Global Link?

Stay Guts.

Yes, go with Sp.Def max over HP since Conkeldurr base HP is 105 whereas its base Sp.Def is 65. When HP is more than (sp.)defense, increase that (sp.)defense instead. Also, you're right since the HP you gained through Drain Punch are more valuable if your raised sp.def instead of HP.
Definitely staying Guts. Absorbing status is amazing, and that damage increase would be game changing. And are you sure I don't need any Def investment? I want to be able to take a lot of hits from both sides if need be. Would something like 252 Atk/104 Def/152 SpD be a bit better?

Usobuko

Banned
Definitely staying Guts. Absorbing status is amazing, and that damage increase would be game changing. And are you sure I don't need any Def investment? I want to be able to take a lot of hits from both sides if need be. Would something like 252 Atk/104 Def/152 SpD be a bit better?

Personally, I think you're wasting AV potential if you don't go full-fledged Sp.Def. Conkeldurr is naturally bulky on the physical side with its HP/Def and you have access to Drain Punch as well.

Son Of D

dsc_026974sfa.jpg

15 years playing Pokémon... And I've finally caught them all.

Except the event legends but screw that I got a shiny charm.

Personally, I think you're wasting AV potential if you don't go full-fledged Sp.Def. Conkeldurr is naturally bulky on the physical side with its HP/Def and you have access to Drain Punch as well.
That's true. Thanks for the advice! I've been going back and forth on this all day, and you'be convinced me. Lol. One of the awesome things about this Gen, is that I can reset and change then later if I need something changed!

MicH

So I am kinda intrigued by Gallade. I made one in DPPt and I loved him. He gets Justified now, which is quite cool and he has access to Knock Off and Shadow Sneak.

Has anyone here bred one?

jsrv

Did you create an account at the Global Link? Did you sync your save file to it? Did you collect your previous reward from the main menu (before you load your game -> Global Link?
Yeah, done all of that already (haven't bought anything from the global link site in a while though), girl in pokebank still not giving me the miles/battle points. i always thought the pokebank was completely separate from global link though

SeZMehK

So I am kinda intrigued by Gallade. I made one in DPPt and I loved him. He gets Justified now, which is quite cool and he has access to Knock Off and Shadow Sneak.

Has anyone here bred one?

I plan on going for a shiny gardevoir and a gallade. God help my soul. Lol

MicH

Yeah, done all of that already (haven't bought anything from the global link site in a while though), girl in pokebank still not giving me the miles/battle points. i always thought the pokebank was completely separate from global link though
What exactly does she say?

I plan on going for a shiny gardevoir and a gallade. God help my soul. Lol
Getting a shiny female Ralts that is supposed to be a Gallade (SpA lowering nature etc) would break my heart :p

Soule

Hey guys something I'm curious about; if you have a an older DS version of pokemon like Diamond or Soul Silver is there any way to transfer your pokemon to black/white on your own or would you need a second DS to transfer between the games and then use the transfer & bank option to get them to the 3DS games?

DaBoss

Hey guys something I'm curious about; if you have a an older DS version of pokemon like Diamond or Soul Silver is there any way to transfer your pokemon to black/white on your own or would you need a second DS to transfer between the games and then use the transfer & bank option to get them to the 3DS games?
You can use a DS and 3DS to transfer from Diamond/Soul Silver to Black/White.

Soule

You can use a DS and 3DS to transfer from Diamond/Soul Silver to Black/White.

So you'd still need 2? I sold my DS back when I upgraded to my 3DS (miss my XL) :( acquaintance is selling his stuff and thought about buying his his platinum game but I don't have any friends where I've moved for Uni who play pokemon so trading them onto my White version would be a colossal pain from my thinking.

DaBoss

So you'd still need 2? I sold my DS back when I upgraded to my 3DS (miss my XL) :( acquaintance is selling his stuff and thought about buying his his platinum game but I don't have any friends where I've moved for Uni who play pokemon so trading them onto my White version would be a colossal pain from my thinking.
Yea, you need 2. :/

ugoo18

Does Battle Maison use Mega Evolutions at all?

EDIT: it can use HAs that aren't available?

Aurorus just came in with Snow Warning.

Muku

Wish they'd give more than one spot to throw something on GTS. Stuck on some Pokemon that need transferring now but I really don't feel like going back and having to hunt them in old games, but might have to. This shit on GTS is ridiculous.

Looking at Lickitung and first one on list is named Miley, LOL.

JulianImp

Whewww that website looks pretty sketchy to me hahaha but no harm in trying, thanks for the suggestion.

I guess you could get your hands on an used DS for cheap nowadays. That'd be your best bet.

I've been migrating some Slakoths all the way from Sapphire today, and I realized how much better Gen transfers have been getting over time...
Gen 3 -> Gen 4 was a ridiculous pain in the ass, limiting you to six pokémon per day, and you'd even have to catch them in your Gen 4 game in some awful mockery of the Safari Zone, where you had to look for each one of them in different areas, depending on the pokémon; at least your only option was to throw insta-capture pokéballs.
Gen 4 -> Gen 5 still forced you to play a boring mini-game, but at least it was a whole lot faster and had no daily cap
Gen 5 -> Gen 6 finally could be done using a single 3DS system, didn't force you to play a boring mini-game to do the transfer, and even let you transfer a whole box at once. I only wish they'd let you select which box to transfer rather than forcing you to boot up your Gen 5 game over and over to move whichever pokémon you want to transfer to Box 1

one_kill

Wish they'd give more than one spot to throw something on GTS. Stuck on some Pokemon that need transferring now but I really don't feel like going back and having to hunt them in old games, but might have to. This shit on GTS is ridiculous.

What Pokemon are you looking for?

I guess you could get your hands on an used DS for cheap nowadays. That'd be your best bet.

I've been migrating some Slakoths all the way from Sapphire today, and I realized how much better Gen transfers have been getting over time...
Gen 3 -> Gen 4 was a ridiculous pain in the ass, limiting you to six pokémon per day, and you'd even have to catch them in your Gen 4 game in some awful mockery of the Safari Zone, where you had to look for each one of them in different areas, depending on the pokémon; at least your only option was to throw insta-capture pokéballs.
Gen 4 -> Gen 5 still forced you to play a boring mini-game, but at least it was a whole lot faster and had no daily cap
Gen 5 -> Gen 6 finally could be done using a single 3DS system, didn't force you to play a boring mini-game to do the transfer, and even let you transfer a whole box at once. I only wish they'd let you select which box to transfer rather than forcing you to boot up your Gen 5 game over and over to move whichever pokémon you want to transfer to Box 1
Ah dude, I missed your post above. If you can give me a HA Darumaka, that'd be great. Bonus if it has egg moves, but I don't really care since I just want to see Zen mode Darmanitan. I think I have an extra 6IV Ditto, but just tell me some of the things you're looking for in case I don't have one.

Muku

What Pokemon are you looking for?.

Right now just trying to finish the original 151 set. Going by generation otherwise I'd be overwhelmed. Looking for:

Grimer or Muk
Lickitung
Weezing or Koffing
Chansey
Tangela

But they're ones I have to own since it's for my living dex. :(

ALM5252

I was wondering if anyone had a Shiny Froakie / Froakie member they were willing to part with; doesn't have to have amazing IVs and would like it to have Protean.

I can trade Pokemon that I have bred from White 2 that I can transfer over, or can trade Legendary Pokemon / Shiny Pokemon (still got a few that I'll be willing to trade for a Shiny Froakie)

Send me a PM if interested please. :)

JulianImp

Ah dude, I missed your post above. If you can give me a HA Darumaka, that'd be great. Bonus if it has egg moves, but I don't really care since I just want to see Zen mode Darmanitan. I think I have an extra 6IV Ditto, but just tell me some of the things you're looking for in case I don't have one.

I'll have to catch one of those Zen Mode Darmanitans in my copy of Black 2 (I think I still haven't caught one), move it over to Y, and then breed it with a Ditto to pass the HA down to its offspring, so I'll probably be able to do the trade tomorrow in the evening.

Here're some things I'm looking for, ordered by priority:
  • Ditto with several 31 IVs (all six would be ideal, but even four 31s would be okay, as long as the remaining IVs aren't awful)
  • Gale Wings Fletchling
  • Regenerator Solosis
  • Contrary Shuckle
  • Moody Remoraid
  • Magic Bounce Natu
  • Moxie Pinsir
  • Fennekin
  • Chespin
  • Tyrunt
  • Any X version exclusive pokémon (lowest on my priority list)

Soule

It works perfectly. I used it to transfer my 4th gen Pokémon up, since the official transfer system takes ages :/

I always felt they made it much harder than need be to transfer, I skipped pokemon for a long time but watching my friends go through this felt like an ordeal. The pace they set for streamlining it isn't exactly cracking hot progress but hey progress!

bahahahaha

MicH

Now that I'm working on my living dex it's apparent that I need A LOT of Pokemon. Wow. Kinda wish I didn't GTS trade everything now :p

Top Bottom