• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

one_kill

Right now just trying to finish the original 151 set. Going by generation otherwise I'd be overwhelmed. Looking for:

Grimer or Muk
Lickitung
Weezing or Koffing
Chansey
Tangela

But they're ones I have to own since it's for my living dex. :(
You can catch a Lickitung at Victory Road. They're pretty common.

As for the others, I'm pretty sure you can just breed an Elekid and Elgyem and get you want on the GTS. Grimer and Koffing would also be good trade bait.

I'll have to catch one of those Zen Mode Darmanitans in my copy of Black 2 (I think I still haven't caught one), move it over to Y, and then breed it with a Ditto to pass the HA down to its offspring, so I'll probably be able to do the trade tomorrow in the evening.

Here're some things I'm looking for, ordered by priority:
  • Ditto with several 31 IVs (all six would be ideal, but even four 31s would be okay, as long as the remaining IVs aren't awful)
  • Gale Wings Fletchling
  • Regenerator Solosis
  • Contrary Shuckle
  • Moody Remoraid
  • Magic Bounce Natu
  • Moxie Pinsir
  • Fennekin
  • Chespin
  • Tyrunt
  • Any X version exclusive pokémon (lowest on my priority list)
Oh I've got a spare Gale Wings Fletching. I'll also throw in a Fennekin.

Edit: Actually, since you're going to do a fair bit of work, I'll try to get you one, two, or all of these: Contary Shuckle, Magic Bounce Natu, and Moxie Pinsir.

Aggrotek

Really tempted to go for this after Mienfoo:

helioptile-s.gif

ugoo18

Ugh freaking Battle maison.

I finally reached 50 with the current team i'm trying out and it's against Landorus, Thundurus and Tornadus.

Landorus leads and is choice scarfed. Hit 3 focus blasts in a row and KOs my first 2 pokemon before finally dying.

Thundurus steps up to the plate with substitute, double team and Hurricane. It's on the verge of death when thanks to double team both my bullet punches miss and it's Hurricane lands a critical hit and KOs my final pokemon.......

I'm done for today with Battle maison -_-

Muku

You can catch a Lickitung at Victory Road. They're pretty common.

As for the others, I'm pretty sure you can just breed an Elekid and Elgyem and get you want on the GTS. Grimer and Koffing would also be good trade bait.

Edit: Actually, since you're going to do a fair bit of work, I'll try to get you one, two, or all of these: Contary Shuckle, Magic Bounce Natu, and Moxie Pinsir.

Are they common on Victory Road? Cool i'll check it. As for rest.. I'm stuck because I've got my one thing up there at the moment waiting to trade. This one thing at a time has me stuck. Think it'll be quicker just to go into Black and bring stuff up.

JulianImp

Okay, I just got a Fennekin thanks to Soule, so that one's taken care of.

I'll see if I can at least catch the Darmanitan today, so as to save a little bit of time tomorrow.

ALM5252

I'll have to catch one of those Zen Mode Darmanitans in my copy of Black 2 (I think I still haven't caught one), move it over to Y, and then breed it with a Ditto to pass the HA down to its offspring, so I'll probably be able to do the trade tomorrow in the evening.

Here're some things I'm looking for, ordered by priority:
  • Ditto with several 31 IVs (all six would be ideal, but even four 31s would be okay, as long as the remaining IVs aren't awful)
  • Gale Wings Fletchling
  • Regenerator Solosis
  • Contrary Shuckle
  • Moody Remoraid
  • Magic Bounce Natu
  • Moxie Pinsir
  • Fennekin
  • Chespin
  • Tyrunt
  • Any X version exclusive pokémon (lowest on my priority list)

I have a 6 IV Ditto, a Contrary Shuckle, and a Moxie Pinsir I can trade you.

MicH

Looks like a case of too much fun in the sun lol.
I hate that not all the yellow is red, like the little bit between his eyes. Looks ugly as fuck

If all the yellow was red, then he would look amazing, but this just looks unfinished imo

o4CVsLfl.jpg

Look what I gooooooot! :3

Took a long time to make a perfect one in White 2, but I think the end result is worth it. I agonized over whether to call it Pimpkrow or Crowleone, but settled for the latter when I realized the formed might be #2lewd4Y.

Still no shiny Slakoth tho :(

Kinvara

I finally reached 50 with the current team i'm trying out and it's against Landorus, Thundurus and Tornadus.

Landorus leads and is choice scarfed. Hit 3 focus blasts in a row and KOs my first 2 pokemon before finally dying.

Thundurus steps up to the plate with substitute, double team and Hurricane. It's on the verge of death when thanks to double team both my bullet punches miss and it's Hurricane lands a critical hit and KOs my final pokemon.......

As someone that doesn't play pokemon competitively that sounds terrifying.

I'm trying to work on a team to take on the Battle Maison but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get very far.

one_kill

Are they common on Victory Road? Cool i'll check it. As for rest.. I'm stuck because I've got my one thing up there at the moment waiting to trade. This one thing at a time has me stuck. Think it'll be quicker just to go into Black and bring stuff up.
What did you put up and what are you asking for?

Also, you might want to take it back and deposit it again. It bumps it up the queue.

Okay, I just got a Fennekin thanks to Soule, so that one's taken care of.

I'll see if I can at least catch the Darmanitan today, so as to save a little bit of time tomorrow.
I'll just get you a Natu since ALM5252 is offering the others.

lol I reached 50 but lost. The last Pokemon was Landorus and I totally didn't know it was scarfed.

Muku

What did you put up and what are you asking for?.

I know what generally works but trying to clean out my box of other stuff in hopes. We'll see how that goes. I only put it up an hour ago, but yeah every few hours I go and take it down and put it back up.

Aggrotek

o4CVsLfl.jpg

Took a long time to make a perfect one in White 2, but I think the end result is worth it. I agonized over whether to call it Pimpkrow or Crowleone, but settled for the latter when I realized the formed might be #2lewd4Y.

Congrats bro. :)

JulianImp

I have a 6 IV Ditto, a Contrary Shuckle, and a Moxie Pinsir I can trade you.

What'd you be looking for in return? I'm currently in the middle of trading negotiations with one_kill, so I'll probably get back to you once my trade with him is done.

I'll just get you a Natu since ALM5252 is offering the others.

Since your trade came first and I already have the Darmanitan, I'd like to prioritize that. I think we'll be able to trade it in about ten minutes, if you want. You can find my FC on my forum profile.

ALM5252

What'd you be looking for in return? I'm currently in the middle of trading negotiations with one_kill, so I'll probably get back to you once my trade with him is done.

Since your trade came first and I already have the Darmanitan, I'd like to prioritize that. I think we'll be able to trade it in about ten minutes, if you want. You can find my FC on my forum profile.

Don't know what I would want, but you can PM me some offers if you'd like.

one_kill

Damn, it's so funny whenever someone uses Shadow Force against Porygon2.

Ah, give me a few minutes. I'll be trading you the HA Fletching. I haven't caught HA Natu yet since a passerby challenged me to a battle.

ugoo18

lol I reached 50 but lost. The last Pokemon was Landorus and I totally didn't know it was scarfed.

As someone that doesn't play pokemon competitively that sounds terrifying.

I'm trying to work on a team to take on the Battle Maison but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get very far.

What makes the loss more irritating is the fact that all 5 attacks from 70% accuracy moves hit yet 2 of my 100% accurate moves missed thanks to 1 double team -_-

I don't think i've landed 5 70% accurate moves consecutively since i even started playing Pokemon.....

JulianImp

Ah, give me a few minutes. I'll be trading you the HA Fletching. I haven't caught HA Natu yet since a passerby challenged me to a battle.

I can wait a little bit longer if you could get me the Natu as well, since I still have to breed the Darmanitan. Anyway, I've added you to my friend list already.

one_kill

So this dude I'm fighting has d/c'd on me twice now.

I challenged him again to troll. I'll be running out the timer before making a move, haha.

JulianImp

Breeding's done! The very first Darumaka hatched with its hidden ability (and Hammer Arm as an egg move), so my side of the deal's ready.

Kinvara

What makes the loss more irritating is the fact that all 5 attacks from 70% accuracy moves hit yet 2 of my 100% accurate moves missed thanks to 1 double team -_-

I don't think i've landed 5 70% accurate moves consecutively since i even started playing Pokemon.....

The odds have got to be rigged.

Btw, any suggestions for a n00b player?

I have a clawitzer that's pretty effective at taking out the competition but I'm still trying to find 2 more pokemon to make a good balanced team.

one_kill

Breeding's done! The very first Darumaka hatched with its hidden ability (and Hammer Arm as an egg move), so my side of the deal's ready.
I'll add you soon

I'll trade you a Xatu with Magic Bounce and Gale Wings Fletchling

Edit: I'm on now. IGN is James. You're Don right?

2nd edit: brb. Not sure what you're up to but hopefully you'll be free when I get back lol

Korosenai

o4CVsLfl.jpg

That crow is ballin'.

JulianImp

I'll add you soon

I'll trade you a Xatu with Magic Bounce and Gale Wings Fletchling

Edit: I'm on now. IGN is James. You're Don right?

2nd edit: brb. Not sure what you're up to but hopefully you'll be free when I get back lol

I was cooking dinner, but I'm back now. My I think my 3DS's username is Julian, and my Pokémon Y trainer name is フリアン.

JulianImp

Alright, thanks for the trade! I also gave you one of the countless Zoruas with Counter and Dark Pulse I bred while trying to get a shiny (I think I filled eight or so boxes with them before I gave up on it).

Edit: Oh, double post... :/

jsrv

What exactly does she say?
She just says you've gained x amount of pokemiles (usually 3-6) and that after 10 they would be transferrable, pretty sure I have more than that now but there is no prompt or message to transfer them over like when she first gives you the 100 miles/10 BP and Celebi at day 1. I guess the app is just a little buggy

SoulUnison

Banned
What exactly does she say?

Getting a shiny female Ralts that is supposed to be a Gallade (SpA lowering nature etc) would break my heart :p

I got the opposite. I was going for a Gardevoir first and I got a Shiny Male Timid 5IV Ralts.

I trained him up, let him be a Gardevoir and named him Oberon. He's king of the Faeries.

LaNaranja

I feel like its been forever since I posted here but I had been busy with school. I recently bred a Protean Greninja and that thing is crazy strong. I made it a physical attacker w/ Shadow Sneak, Power-Up Punch, U-Turn, and Acrobatics (no item). After a Power-Up Punch or two there are very few things that Acrobatics won't take down. It is great for dealing with Mega Venusaur,

Xerneas is also fun to use. It screech is awesome too, second only to Delphox,

Boogiepop

I have to wonder: am I weird for not wanting to use my competitive team in Battle Maison because it's (doubles) TR? It's got too much setup, haha. I just want to be able to turn on autopilot while racking up those BP, but maybe I'll give it a try next time. And honestly thinking about it, I'm not really sure the AI will be able to figure out how to stop it anywhere near as well as a real player, so that's a plus.

Firestorm

I have to wonder: am I weird for not wanting to use my competitive team in Battle Maison because it's (doubles) TR? It's got too much setup, haha. I just want to be able to turn on autopilot while racking up those BP, but maybe I'll give it a try next time. And honestly thinking about it, I'm not really sure the AI will be able to figure out how to stop it anywhere near as well as a real player, so that's a plus.
Nope. Setting up is just giving them a chance to crit you. Gotta go for consistency.

Boogiepop

Nope. Setting up is just giving them a chance to crit you. Gotta go for consistency.

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I really need to hurry up and make a secondary team that's actually good for Battle Maison as well.

Also, just fought another TR team online, but it used Lunatone to set. I was actually confused enough and had no idea what the hell a Lunatone even did (doesn't it just kind of suck?) I actually went ahead and tried to set TR myself, so we just cancelled each other out. I still won though, at least partly because Talonflame is awesome and does things like one-hit Mega Venusaur. :)

Spinluck

o4CVsLfl.jpg

i have a shiny murkrow, got it in a horde lol. i don't like it though, and be willing to trade anyone here who may want it.

also, tonight, i've witnessed the true power of knock off bisharp. goddamn.

Top Bottom