• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

JoeM86

New Japanese event:

A new distribution event has also been announced. Within next month's CoroCoro, a special Serial Code is to be released. This Serial Code, like the Garchomp one last year, provides access to a special Charizard. If you are playing Pokémon X, it will give you a Charizard holding Charizardite Y. If you are playing Pokémon Y, it will give you a Charizard holding Charizardite X

~Your friendly neighbourhood Serebii

Thanks much! I don't tend to have great luck with chain fishing...although I'm even worse with PokeRadar. :(

You're welcome!

Free (Kalos-native) shiny Gyarados left for anyone who wants her.

LVMHGbt.jpg

I know you're all dying for that Timid nature.

New Japanese event:

A new distribution event has also been announced. Within next month's CoroCoro, a special Serial Code is to be released. This Serial Code, like the Garchomp one last year, provides access to a special Charizard. If you are playing Pokémon X, it will give you a Charizard holding Charizardite Y. If you are playing Pokémon Y, it will give you a Charizard holding Charizardite X

Sweet. Hopefully with their whole Global Release stuff, we'll start getting some more of these over in non-Japan land...

Muku

New Japanese event:

CoroCoro comes out 15th of each month right? So we're about to get the next month, or next month as in next next month?

Thanks UltimateIke! Gyarados is a beautiful lady in red. Brings back memories for sure!

2 for 1? Lol. Nah, just kidding. I'm looking for a Rayquaza or Ho-oh and I also have a Regigigas I'm trying to trade.
Does either have Pokerus? Every stupid Regigigas I get from GTS has had it. I can do Ho-Oh and Rayquaza.

El_Chino

Thanks UltimateIke! Gyarados is a beautiful lady in red. Brings back memories for sure!

Does either have Pokerus? Every stupid Regigigas I get from GTS has had it. I can do Ho-Oh and Rayquaza.
Jirachi is clean but Regigigas had Pokerus? I'm not sure because I see a pink smiley there and when I looked it up it mean he was cured or something like that.

JoeM86

Sweet. Hopefully with their whole Global Release stuff, we'll start getting some more of these over in non-Japan land...

I wouldn't start thinking like that. You'd get disappointed.

The things with events are that they have context. If they were to just release them in the west, they'd lose their context. Happy Hour Inkay would have none. Nagoya Magikarp would have none. Every single one has context.

Besides, if more places in the west were willing to hold events, we'd get more. There's a massive cultural divide here. In the west, people don't bother to fully participate and just download from the car park if possible. In Japan, people go, they download it then battle/trade with people, buy things etc.

However, that said, this event is coinciding with the Japanese release of the second XY TCG set, Wild Blaze, which is focused on Mega Charizard Y and its half deck which is focused on Mega Charizard X. We're getting these as the set Flash Fire in May, so it's possible that we'll get this one.

CoroCoro comes out 15th of each month right? So we're about to get the next month, or next month as in next next month?

This news came from the one due out on Saturday. The code is to be in the one released March 15th

backlot

I wouldn't start thinking like that. You'd get disappointed.

The things with events are that they have context. If they were to just release them in the west, they'd lose their context. Happy Hour Inkay would have none. Nagoya Magikarp would have none. Every single one has context.

Besides, if more places in the west were willing to hold events, we'd get more. There's a massive cultural divide here. In the west, people don't bother to fully participate and just download from the car park if possible. In Japan, people go, they download it then battle/trade with people, buy things etc.

However, that said, this event is coinciding with the Japanese release of the second XY TCG set, Wild Blaze, which is focused on Mega Charizard Y and its half deck which is focused on Mega Charizard X. We're getting these as the set Flash Fire in May, so it's possible that we'll get this one.

This news came from the one due out on Saturday. The code is to be in the one released March 15th

I hope that one day we'll deserve nice things too just like Japan.

one_kill

Coming online

No, I don't care about IVs on these guys, I don't ever plan to battle with them. I do have a 6IV JPN Terrakion.
You're ok with them having non English names? I have all of them.
I can lend you them when you're feeling ok to clone.

Do you have the shinies of these legendaries (Ho-Oh, Lugia, Cobalion, Virizion, Kyogre, Victini, Tornadus, and Keldeo)? Or a 6IV Cresselia, 5-6IV Xerneas, or 5-6IV Yveltal? Not looking to get all of them, but a few would be nice.

All good. Thanks for the trade man!

Thank you thank you thank you for Jirachi!!!

You're ok with them having non English names? I have all of them.
I can lend you them when you're feeling ok to clone.

Do you have the shinies of these legendaries (Ho-Oh, Lugia, Cobalion, Virizion, Kyogre, Victini, Tornadus, and Keldeo)? Or a 6IV Cresselia, 5-6IV Xerneas, or 5-6IV Yveltal? Not looking to get all of them, but a few would be nice.

Yeah, the only language I don't like seeing for a name is Korean. ENG/JPN preferred I guess. That would be amazing to borrow for cloning, an incredibly generous offer! i have to open at work in 8 hours so it's bedtime for now. My Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde are all 3IV and my Cresselia is 1IV (SpDef)

I do have the 6IV JPN Terrakion I mentioned and a shiny 6IV ENG Kyogre.

El_Chino

Yeah, the only language I don't like seeing for a name is Korean. ENG/JPN preferred I guess. That would be amazing to borrow for cloning, an incredibly generous offer! i have to open at work in 8 hours so it's bedtime for now. My Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde are all 3IV and my Cresselia is 1IV (SpDef)

Glad I could help out! Btw how do you clone?

one_kill

^You need two consoles and two games

Alright, just PM me tomorrow or whenever you're good.

Glad I could help out! Btw how do you clone?

With 2 3DS family systems and two copies of Pokemon X/Y, you initiate a local wireless trade from the system with the Pokemon you want overwritten. Offer the Pokemon to be cloned and complete the trade animation. When the trade is complete and the screens return to the "please wait" message, time 4-4.5 seconds and turn off the 3DS with the Pokemon to be cloned. The trade will revert to a previous, backup save on one system when the save process fails and the Pokemon will still be there. The system offering the bait Pokemon will complete the save process and the clone will be there. Turn it off too early and they both revert. Turn off too late and "communication is interrupted" and the trade will have been completed as normal.

Start the trade from the wrong system or turn off the wrong system and I don't know what happens. Could end up cloning the wrong Pokemon, overwriting a valuable one or nothing at all could happen. I never screwed that part up, thankfully, but timing is everything. I use the YouTube "mootypwns" method described here and usually have great success, around 75%. Sometimes I'll go 20 attempts without a single successful clone, usually when I'm tired.

Thanks one_kill!

El_Chino

^You need two consoles and two games

With 2 3DS family systems and two copies of Pokemon X/Y, you initiate a local wireless trade from the system with the Pokemon you want overwritten. Offer the Pokemon to be cloned and complete the trade animation. When the trade is complete and the screens return to the "please wait" message, time 4-4.5 seconds and turn off the 3DS with the Pokemon to be cloned. The trade will revert to a previous, backup save on one system when the save process fails and the Pokemon will still be there. The system offering the bait Pokemon will complete the save process and the clone will be there. Turn it off too early and they both revert. Turn off too late and "communication is interrupted" and the trade will have been completed as normal.

Start the trade from the wrong system or turn off the wrong system and I don't know what happens. Could end up cloning the wrong Pokemon, overwriting a valuable one or nothing at all could happen. I never screwed that part up, thankfully, but timing is everything. I use the YouTube "mootypwns" method described here and usually have great success, around 75%. Sometimes I'll go 20 attempts without a single successful clone, usually when I'm tired.

Thanks one_kill!
Ah, guess I'm screwed for cloning! Lol. It could've been useful for me.

Think the most I've ever racked up was 180 hours on Emerald and Diamond.

But I had two different saves on Emerald from someone deleting my first file, so its like around 250ish when combined.

Muku

So, I've been a bit busy. Got some Pokemon to give out. These are currently what I have:

x2 Keldeo
x2 Darkrai
x2 JP 6IV Ditto
x3 JP 6IV Shiny Ditto
x2 Jirachi
x2 Victini
x1 Meloetta
x1 Genesect
x1 Arceus
x2 Deoxys
x1 Shaymin
x1 Manaphy
x1 Mew
x2 Shiny 6IV Mew

Edit: If I run out of something you want, send me a PM about it and we'll talk about it.

So I put up a Protean Froakie on GTS last night (received from wonder trade, decided to try to give it a better home). This morning its still there. So what was my outrageous offer? Scatterbug. Yeah, poor Froakie.

As someone that doesn't play pokemon competitively that sounds terrifying.

I'm trying to work on a team to take on the Battle Maison but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get very far.
I used a team of Talonflame (lum berry), Kangakarn (w/stone), Garchomp (rocky helmet).

Talonflame was meant to suicide tailwind to ensure the others had no speed problems, but was surprisingly bulky with some HP EVs and 20 accidental defence ones so the tailwind was usually shortlived.

I only lost on battle 58 due to forgetting I could sucker punch a Latios for massive damage (triggering justified twice on a Cobalion due to sucker punch in a previous match put me off...good thing it wasn't a Terrakion or I'd have lost for sure*) and instead hoped that draco meteor would miss.

Others have had luck with Greninja and Mawile (Greninja baits electric types then you freely switch to Garchomp). Now if I only could spead this skill to other modes. Multi for me is sun team eventually dying to Areodactyl...

*-Garchomp survived the +2 sacred sword

Edit: You can play saved replays with any team. since it is AI it should behave the same. So its a case of finding if someone has a battle 50 replay uploaded if you want to test your team at that point.

El_Chino

So, I've been a bit busy. Got some Pokemon to give out. These are currently what I have:

x2 Keldeo
x2 Darkrai
x2 JP 6IV Ditto
x2 Jirachi
x2 Victini
x2 Meloetta
x2 Genesect
x2 Arceus
x2 Deoxys
x1 Shaymin
x2 Manaphy
x1 Mew
x2 Shiny 6IV Mew
Could I have either a Darkrai, Victini, Genesect, Arceus, or Shaymin. Your call! Greatful either way!

Might sleep soon, PM if you want later!

Muku

Could I have either a Darkrai, Victini, Genesect, Arceus, or Shaymin. Your call! Greatful either way!

Might sleep soon, PM if you want later!

Sent ya a PM, but if you're going to bed that's cool. Just respond to one I sent. Will handle rest from there. :)

Edit: It's all good one_kill, think I'm going to stay offline unless I have to go on to trade tonight. Tired of passerbys trying to trade with me this evening.

Top Bottom