• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

No problem, anything else you need?

Do you need the egg back?

Nope. Its an early dud scyther.

Thank you for all your help.

Next time I do something like this, ill make sure to get all the pokes that evolve through trade ready with items in hand. I don't want to waste your time. I have a lot of biking and hatching to do!

ugoo18

Nope. Its an early dud scyther.

Thank you for all your help.

Next time I do something like this, ill make sure to get all the pokes that evolve through trade ready with items in hand. I don't want to waste your time. I have a lot of biking and hatching to do!

No problem at all.

Enjoy your ditto and good luck with your breeding.

PokéGAF is going to help me make this gen my favorite. You guys are amazing.
I fully agree. This community has helped me out a TON, and I like to think that I've done my share of helping people out as well. I've enjoyed everything about X/Y so much more now that I have a bunch of awesome people to play with!

Quest1

Did you save the battle? I'm interested now.

Thanks! I actually didn't, but he had a Charizard Y that kept messing up my rain. Politoed died and kingdra was my last guy, survived a solar beam from charY set rain dance, KO'd three straight almost died from life orb damage

Edit: it's actually a clone of one I got in a trade meant for pory2 but I realized it wouldn't be terrible with an assault vest so I'm gonna just go with it lol

Thanks! I actually didn't, but he had a Charizard Y that kept messing up my rain. Politoed died and kingdra was my last guy, survived a solar beam from charY set rain dance, KO'd three straight almost died from life orb damage

Edit: it's actually a clone of one I got in a trade meant for pory2 but I realized it wouldn't be terrible with an assault vest so I'm gonna just go with it lol
Let me know how it goes. A Porygon-Z that can take a hit doesn't sound too bad. Thanks for helping me evolve my guy too!

Does anyone have a Choice Specs that I could borrow?

Quest1

Let me know how it goes. A Porygon-Z that can take a hit doesn't sound too bad. Thanks for helping me evolve my guy too!

Does anyone have a Choice Specs that I could borrow?

No problem.

Specs to borrow? I have one if you can clone it. Would it be too much to clone me an extra one too if so? Haha

I hate the little pause when you get paralysed. For some reason, I've been getting paralysed all day today. :

I got paralyzed a lot today, too. I was hunting for a Light Ball on Pikachu while catching Ocean pattern Scatterbug for GTS trade fodder.

Which brings me to my next point. I am sooooooooo thankful for Pokemon Bank. Transferred 30 Pokemon in 3-4 minutes instead of trading one by one. :D

one_kill

Just had an odd match which ended after one turn.

It's Landorus vs Breloom. I figure he would use Spore so I used U-Turn to bring out my Venusaur. He forfeited in the next turn.

Was Tornadus shiny locked? I have a shiny one and can't tell the difference from regular (my dex only hard the bird form for regular so can't compare there). Of course the real reason I think it is hacked is well it is level 100, no Pokerus, 6 perfect IVs, -Atk +Def nature and EV spread looks like vitamin usage.

one_kill

Was Tornadus shiny locked? I have a shiny one and can't tell the difference from regular (my dex only hard the bird form for regular so can't compare there). Of course the real reason I think it is hacked is well it is level 100, no Pokerus, 6 perfect IVs, -Atk +Def nature and EV spread looks like vitamin usage.
Yeah that's hacked

Want to swap it for mine? :p

ugoo18

Ugh damm Battle maison -_-

Just had my team swept by a confusion + curse spamming umbreon.

EDIT: Umm could someone explain how a Slurpuff outspeeds a Timid full speed Greninja without a choice scarf or any item whatsoever?

Actually nvm....

Curse that Unburden ability.

jsrv

Anyone else having trouble getting BPs/pokemiles from the pokebank after the initial free 100/10? Keeps saying that I received 3-6 pokemiles and that I need a minimum of 10 to transfer to the game.. But I'm pretty sure she's said that about a dozen times already and there is no prompt to transfer and Pokemon Link in the actual game says there is no data.

MicH

Anyway has Karrablast with Knock Off, Drill Run, Iron Head, Mega horn?

Drill Run is egg moves from Gen 6 onwards? Iron Head and Knock Off are Move Tutored from Gen 5? Mega Horn is also another egg move.

Is this set even possible?
If you're still looking for one with those egg moves, I still have some left

Does anyone here have a female Mold Breaker Drilbur and/or a femaleRegenerator Tangela in luxury balls?

Muku

Damn, my breeding is completely on hold until I complete my living dex. >.<

Hah know how that is. Put mine on hold to finish my living Dex as well. Urgh a lot to go with it, but I'm 90 something away from having National Dex on X. Woot.

Wichu

Got my second badge in my new save file.

Then got invited to a multi battle by some Japanese people. It went... better than expected.

I led with Pikachu, my ally with Greninja, and my opponents with Manectric and Porygon-Z. Pikachu had a glorious opening turn:
  • It set up a Substitute
  • It got +2 Sp. Atk
  • It saved its ally Greninja from certain doom
  • It forced Porygon-Z to switch out
all in one turn.

I wish I had the Vs. Recorder :(

SeZMehK

Then got invited to a multi battle by some Japanese people. It went... better than expected.

I led with Pikachu, my ally with Greninja, and my opponents with Manectric and Porygon-Z. Pikachu had a glorious opening turn:
  • It set up a Substitute
  • It got +2 Sp. Atk
all in one turn.

Epic! That's why Ash still loves his Pikachu. Lol.

Wichu

What makes it even more impressive is that it was pretty obvious our opponents were coordinating in some way (as well as using dedicated doubles Pokémon) - leading with a Scarfed Discharge user and something with Lightning Rod, and later a clean Fake Out + KO turn.
We managed to win pretty much through luck (my ally's Heat Wave burning the opponents' Weavile and thus KOing through a Focus Sash), but I think if we'd been coordinated too then we could have won without that :)

JulianImp

• It set up a Substitute
  • It got +2 Sp. Atk
all in one turn.

Awesome! How'd that happen, did Pikachu get hit by two lightning type attacks that were aimed at Greninja (courtesy of lightningrod), getting +1 SAtk for each attack, and then Porygon-Z had to switch out because it was running choice specs/scarf? EDIT: Too slow, guess I was right.

Anyway, I read a while ago that you can't store items on Pokémon Bank. Then, how am I supposed to keep my held items should I ever decide to restart my save?

So far, I kind of hate how little variety in clothing there is for male trainers compared to females. I wish there'd be some short pants, since I refuse to use those horrid 3/4 ones, and so far I've seen four kinds of shirts, as well as three kinds of accessories (glasses, pins and the feather-like thing). Speaking about clothing, what am I supposed to do to get the discount coupon from the Global Link?

Usobuko

Banned
If you're still looking for one with those egg moves, I still have some left

Does anyone here have a female Mold Breaker Drilbur and/or a femaleRegenerator Tangela in luxury balls?

I think you send me one before but I'm not sure if it has Knock Off, MegaHorn and Drill Run at the same time. I think the last move is Counter or something. I'll let you know next time, thanks again :)

Are you're trying to build a AV Tangela? Or one with infestation/leech seed/giga drain trapped-focused Bold Tangela? Since you probably will become near full health after you switch out thanks to Regenerator.

Soule

Wow is Slakoth that rare? I just picked up X again now that the bank is up and running and I only owned White before this one (which from memory didn't have Slakoth) aaaaaaand checking the GTS it's all impossible trades and legendaries if you want the little sloth :\

Wow is Slakoth that rare? I just picked up X again now that the bank is up and running and I only owned White before this one (which from memory didn't have Slakoth) aaaaaaand checking the GTS it's all impossible trades and legendaries if you want the little sloth :

That's how it is for pretty much everything, it's getting quite ridiculous...

spiritfox

Always deposit. Most of the time your searches will end up with all the ridiculous offers since the non-ridiculous ones will be traded already.

Soule

Yeah I guess, I'm just surprised, haven't played in a while and usually when I looked up a non legendary pokemon there'd be at least a few reasonable offers, ah well.

Wow is Slakoth that rare? I just picked up X again now that the bank is up and running and I only owned White before this one (which from memory didn't have Slakoth) aaaaaaand checking the GTS it's all impossible trades and legendaries if you want the little sloth :\
GTS rule is offering something reasonable is a better bet than seeking as reasonable offers have a lower lifespan (as they actually get accepted and maybe there is less supply now as more people have completed their Pokedex). As for good things to offer:

-If you have access to something like Friend Safari Ditto that should get you anything breedable in a short timespan.
-Sylveon (easy, 2 hearts in amie then level up with fairy move, level 19 wild ones have baby doll eyes)
-A desperation bid would be something like Scyther holding metal coat and other hold item evolve trades

Worst case scenario is a level 100 of something popular (but really you should only have to use this for getting legendaries, yeah I've become part of the legendary hoarding problem now :( )

Also when you do eventually get your sloth think about putting a few up on GTS and send a few out via wonder trade as a way of saying thanks.

JulianImp

I could probably get you one in about seven hours, once I get back from work, but I'm not sure if I have one in Y already or will have to bring it over from either Sapphire or HeartGold. Even then, it probably won't take that much longer.

Seriously, screw impossible trades. It'd be great if they had built some kind of trading filter that let you filter out people requesting for legendaries.

Edit: Just realized Gen 5 DW was taken down a while ago. There goes my only way of getting pokémon with their hidden abilities for now... thankfully, I do have a couple I could possibly trade for other HA 'mons.

Seriously, screw impossible trades. It'd be great if they had built some kind of trading filter that let you filter out people requesting for legendaries.
Its annoying how the special Pokemon filter doesn't filter special Pokemon (untradable event ones) but instead a certain subset of legendaries (box art ones). Also, the curse of getting a lot of legendaries is that the "pokemon you have" filter becomes less useful.

JulianImp

Its annoying how the special Pokemon filter doesn't filter special Pokemon (untradable event ones) but instead a certain subset of legendaries (box art ones). Also, the curse of getting a lot of legendaries is that the "pokemon you have" filter becomes less useful.

Oh, so there is such a function, only neither implementation is good enough, heh.

Setting the game language to japanese has been a fun way to improve my reading speed and comprehension so far, but it makes wading through some menus a real pain. I probably would have never guessed there was a "pokémon you have" filter in there if I hadn't heard it from you.

Setting the game language to japanese has been a fun way to improve my reading speed and comprehension so far, but it makes wading through some menus a real pain. I probably would have never guessed there was a "pokémon you have" filter in there if I hadn't heard it from you.
My mind was blown when I found the Y button shortcut (I thought only the magnifying glass worked). It should be noted it was broken in v1.0 (would disconnect you when you try to trade) and only filters one page of results at a time (I think each page contains 100 results).

Son Of D

Every trade has that. I did a test and looked for common Pokémon like Bunnelby and Fletchling and I still saw people asking for legends.

Slakoth is one of the few Pokemon that weren't even available via Friend Safari. I'm sure that once people start breeding Slakoths they obtain from PokeTransfer, it should be much easier to get one in a trade.

Soule

I could probably get you one in about seven hours, once I get back from work, but I'm not sure if I have one in Y already or will have to bring it over from either Sapphire or HeartGold. Even then, it probably won't take that much longer.

Edit: Just realized Gen 5 DW was taken down a while ago. There goes my only way of getting pokémon with their hidden abilities for now... thankfully, I do have a couple I could possibly trade for other HA 'mons.
Hey that'd be really appreciated, good timing too since I'm about to go to sleep. If you're still happy to do so I'll PM you when I wake up.
Every trade has that. I did a test and looked for common Pokémon like Bunnelby and Fletchling and I still saw people asking for legends.

Yeah, common as, but literally every single trade option being a legendary surprised me. Usually there's like a level 50+ random pokemon thrown in or something rare-ish but every single one was either an impossible pokemon (level 1-10 hitmontop for example) or legendary, super lame but the depositing suggestion looks like a winning idea.

Quest1

I wish there was a way to sort and organize Bank'd Pokémon online through a browser. I wanna start a living dex like some of you guys but moving and searching for each of these dudes sucks.

I'm at odds at what my last two Pokemon should be for my "competitive" team. Any suggestion on my current pkmn plus suggestions on additions are welcomed.

My four completed Pokemon are as listed:

Haxorus w/ nothing atm
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Substitue

Heracross /w Heracronite
Brick Break
Pin Missile
Stone Edge
Earthquake

Jellicent w/ Leftovers
Scald
Recover
Toxic
Ice Beam

Reuniculus w/ Life Orb
Trick Room
Psyshock
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball

I'm at odds at what my last two Pokemon should be for my "competitive" team. Any suggestion on my current pkmn plus suggestions on additions are welcomed.

My four completed Pokemon are as listed:

Haxorus w/ nothing atm
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Substitue

Heracross /w Heracronite
Brick Break
Pin Missile
Stone Edge
Earthquake

Jellicent w/ Leftovers
Scald
Recover
Toxic
Ice Beam

Reuniculus w/ Life Orb
Trick Room
Psyshock
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball
A Sticky Web supporter might be nice. It could help both your Haxorus and Mega Heracross outspeed some things... unless the Heracross is for Trick Room.

I need some help too, as I'm not quite sure how to EV train this Conkeldurr that I'm raising. I'll probably use it both with and without Trick Room. This is what I have so far:

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Brave
252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpD
-Mach Punch
-Drain Punch
-Ice Punch
-Knock Off

That doesn't seem too useful though, as it doesn't help out my Assault Vest very much as well as decreasing the percent of health I heal from Drain Punch. Should I go with 252 Atk/SpD? Would it be wiser to boost both my Def and SpD with something like 252 Atk/104 Def/152 SpD? Maybe go for pure bulk with 252 Def/SpD?

Halp meh PokéGAF!

That's amazing. Conglaturation. Do you get rewarded for crowning the Kalos Pokedexes?

And excuse my ignorance/nosiness, but what is significant about the Pikachu/Rotoms you're after?

You just get the certificate and the Shiny Charm from Sycamore (which increases the chance to find Shinies)

As for the Pikachus and Rotoms, I like collecting Pikachus from different language games. I've been trying to get them all in other games, but I decided it'd be fun to do in XY since you also get the foreign language Dex entries. Rotom is my favorite Pokemon so I've been also trying to get all the different ones for it now too.

Top Bottom